#10 - Sell-dado?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
We kick off with 1882 news for Brighton and Asteras Tripolis, Southampton reviewed,Europa League dilemmas, Windy drops the knowledge on the youth then we ponder our fears for them. We mourn for Roberto Soldado. Is it ever ok to have sex with a Gooner, and we tackle the Shortbread v Jaffa Cakes debate.

Love The Shirt.

Bardi, Flav, Thelonious & Windy

Download Episode

Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe to RSS Feed | Stitcher

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to listen so I can selectively decide what may or may not offend me this week. Or instead I might just listen back to the previous three seasons and pick out stuff retrospectively.

I felt the Townsend bit was rather facile. Andros' detractors were blamed for not loving him, while the actual faults pointed out in his game were not discussed. I thought the Bestikas game was actually the best I've seen from him. He never crossed the ball, actually tried to pass the ball to the striker (the throughball to Kane) and only shot when no good pass was available (still missed though). Seems like Poche may be coaching the AVB out of him.

I felt the Townsend bit was rather facile. Andros' detractors were blamed for not loving him, while the actual faults pointed out in his game were not discussed. I thought the Bestikas game was actually the best I've seen from him. He never crossed the ball, actually tried to pass the ball to the striker (the throughball to Kane) and only shot when no good pass was available (still missed though). Seems like Poche may be coaching the AVB out of him.

I can't remember exactly but I thought we mentioned him shooting too often/getting his head down?

I can't remember exactly but I thought we mentioned him shooting too often/getting his head down?
One sentence in passing, with no mention that it costs the team because his shots/crosses have generally meant that better chances have been foregone. That said, as I mentioned, his last game showed signs that he was changing his approach, and if Nabil's remarks are correct, that's likely down to the coaching staff working with him to improve his decision-making, hopefully making all my concerns about Andros moot in future.

Tbh, the topic was based around youth players in general, just happened that AT and HK were used as examples in the question, so it was never going to be a real in depth analysis of either player

Last edited:
Tbh, the topic www based around youth players in general, just happened that AT and HK were used as examples in the question, so it was never going to be a real in depth analysis of either player
Which is fair, and I think that situation is just a reflection of the very fractured fan base at Spurs. Lots of differing opinions on various issues, with no middle grounds for consensus. I don't think that problem gets solved until the team wins big enough and often enough that fans have something to unite over.

Flav Flav Southampton / Koeman played nowhere near the 'perfect' game against Spurs, that was West Brom.

I think you are also underestimating them.....it was billed by everyone as a Southampton win, not only because of their form but also a nice banana skin for the press to report.

Back
Top Bottom