Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs boys

b89.gif

It's actually slightly relevant - Sissoko was only signed as an extra body imo, for periods where others were injured.....Lamela has made his signing necessary

I agree that how things have turned out, an extra body has been a good go to but, Sissoko? There must have been better players than him, regardless of his price tag.

I don't think I will ever understand his signing or even his relevance in a Tottenham shirt. Still, he is our player so we should back him. I just find doing that really difficult.

I agree that how things have turned out, an extra body has been a good go to but, Sissoko? There must have been better players than him, regardless of his price tag.

I don't think I will ever understand his signing or even his relevance in a Tottenham shirt. Still, he is our player so we should back him. I just find doing that really difficult.

Last day of the window.....we clearly would have preferred Zaha or Mane

Our other option would have been to play Onomah or N'Koudou instead, even then you still need to name a squad of 18 players twice a week.

Last day of the window.....we clearly would have preferred Zaha or Mane

Our other option would have been to play Onomah or N'Koudou instead, even then you still need to name a squad of 18 players twice a week.
In other words, a panic buy? We'd had all summer to sort out our options, & at that time Lamela wasn't injured. I genuinely find Sissoko to be a baffling signing. The only thing I can think is that his showing in the euros led to a belief that he could turn in those performances consistently, despite the evidence pointing to the contrary.

Yes. but you can only sign players that are available.

Seems like we wanted a versatile, pacy, attacking player with premier league experience.....we got as close to that as possible, but still no where near good enough.
Do you think he's versatile? Each to their own but I don't see it. He's got pace for sure, but he has little else going for him imo. I've seen kids down Hackney marshes with far better ball control. I genuinely hope he comes good, but maybe better take Sissoko talk to the Sissoko thread? He's no replacement for Lamela & I don't think he was ever intended to be.

Is Lamela in a rehab where they let you out to do want you want ?
It has to be the stupidest rumour I have heard yet.
I could be wrong.
It has been claimed before that it could be a drug issue... if you think about it, it is quite a mystery... being out for so long, mixed explanations (home sickness and hip injury), no public appearances whatsoever...

Oh not this again.....ok Berty at my work, who cleans the toilets hasnt seen Lamela out in public (like he normally does on a daily basis. True story)......he also wonders how its possible to get homesick when injured for nearly an entire season and being down about missing out on being part of the squad.

Even though Pochettino has said

......He has gone to Italy now. He has strong links in Rome and we believe it was right for him to continue his recovery there. Always it’s diffcult for players who spend more time out than they believed. It is only him out at the moment and he is frustrated he cannot be involved with the rest of the group......

Berty down in the toilets reckons that its mixed messages and that his frustration at being out injured cannot possibly lead to him wanting a change of scenery where he can be involved and have some familiarity while being treated. So, so weird. He is injured AND "homesick". Weird. So weird. Mysterious one could say.

Also going home to see your brother who nearly died is being homesick and/or a lie because he was in rehab.

The other thing that Berty said that got me thinking was that when Lamela said.....

"Just to be clear, I am in Roma at the moment recovering for an injury and not for any other thing that is not to do with football! Missing White Hart Lane every minute! Thanks to all of those who encourage me day by day!"

......that it just cant be true. When you think about it, Berty got that spot on. It cant be true can it, because its all too weird and mysterious which means he is in rehab with a drug habit because despite being given constant updates, we have been told nothing all season, so he's on drugs.

He is also now too weak for the PL and should be sold because he has mental issues. Berty said so.

Despite Pochettino giving us news on Lamela in October, November, December, January, February and March, Berty reckons that the fans are being kept in the dark and its weird.

I fucking love the internet.

He is when he's playing - he doesn't seem to play that often. Surely we have to go with the players who can play?

What exactly does that imply....?

To my mind, we ARE pushing on with other fit players...

I don't understand this notion that he is somehow holding us back... Especially when there's other fit, LESSER players not making the cut even with Erik sidelined.

Last edited:
Yes. but you can only sign players that are available.

Seems like we wanted a versatile, pacy, attacking player with premier league experience.....we got as close to that as possible, but still no where near good enough.

Shouldn't have bothered then.

....That was the same attitude expressed by the club when the left us with no reserve ST for 2 windows during the prior season.

It's this abandoning of policy that bothers the shit out of me.

What exactly does that imply....?

To my mind, we ARE pushing on with other fit players...

I don't understand this notion that he is somehow holding us back... Especially when there's other fit, LESSER players not making the cut even with Erik sidelined.
Yes, that's what I meant, we are doing that. He's not holding us back, it's just a shame for him personally.

Back
Top Bottom