Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nope

White_Hart_Lane2.jpg
Yep
SEKfjyl.jpg

But I just wish he would put on some weight for God's sake.
He looks unwell and his skin tone looks a bit yellow to me. I would love it if he and Eriksen put on
a bit of muscle as it would really enhance our team.
BtKc1HMCAAEb8J1.jpg

Erik is too ill to speak. But if he could, he would say "please help me".

For just £3 a month you can help buy enough food to save this emaciated boy and give him a future free from starvation.

:pocheyes:

I can only judge his mentality from what I see and what has gone before, factual things. I have only witnessed one of the toughest on the pitch. We are a team of bastards, lead by chief bastards Lamela and Alli. They play in the spirit fostered by their manager one of the biggest bastards to play the game. For decades we have lacked players with his mentality. But even here the haters say he "gets stupid/unnecessary yellows" FFS!
PAY-Erik-Lamela.jpg

Lamela’s mentality was forged at River Plate. He made his debut for them at 17 and, by 18, he was a first-team regular, playing in the Superclásico against Boca Juniors. The Buenos Aires derby is one of the most heated in world football; in 2004, the Observer described it as making “the Old Firm game look like a primary school kick-about”.

Lamela was in the side that won 1-0 at River Plate’s El Monumental in November 2010 and he travelled to La Bombonera for the return in May 2011. By then, with Ariel Ortega having left the club, Lamela had the fabled No10 shirt. The River Plate team bus was pelted with rocks on the way in. “We got there but without any glass in the bus,” Lamela says, with a smile. Boca won 2-0.

“Those games were among the best things that have ever happened to me in my football career,” Lamela says. “I’d been at River since I was a seven-year-old kid and it’s something you dream of. Derby day in Buenos Aires is completely crazy and those sort of experiences have shaped me. When you’ve played at a club like River, who are a massive, massive club in Argentina – and Roma, the same, in Italy – you learn how to deal with the pressure. After that, you can live with anything.”

These comments resonate with me, he is a big game player, always turns up on the big day (Citeh, Woolwich, Utd. Chelsea), don't recall a standout performance against Pool.......might explain why they are the only team we have struggled against recently??

What shines through is Lamela’s love of football. “It’s the thing I enjoy most in life,” he says. “I live for football. I’m at my absolute happiest when I’m out on the field playing, or in training. If I go home, I’ll just have a kickabout there because I love the game so much.” Imagine being injured and unable to play when that is all you have in your life???
(these quotes were from his very first interview away from the club in his 2nd season).

No I don't think he has but you know how it is. When you least need it he will be sent off at a critical stage in a big game. Referees are not stupid and also watch games on TV. They also probably make mental notes of who they need to keep an eye on
Sorry fella that is utter bollocks. "When you least need it he will be sent off" What? Utterly baseless and complete fantasy comment.

Why don't you say that about Jan, who's been sent off and picked up (I think) two suspensions for racking up more than 5 yellows? Do you say the same about Rose, who's picked up more yellows and like Jan has been suspended, same with Dier. What about Sissoko, he's been red carded.

These just our players what about Auguero he's picks up at least one red card per season for most of his career, yet NEVER is he associated with being a dirty player when actually he's been pinged for throwing elbows in the faces of more than one player, gone air borne on at least two tackles on Luiz.

Lamela is the epitome of a Poch player, aggressive, never backs down, in your face, never hides player. He is the main reason this side is no longer a soft touch. The fact he's never been red carded is proof he knows exactly what he's doing. I adore him all the more for this.

He had a few good years early but has since been a medical/red card issue whenever he played stretches of games in a row.
He received the grand total of one red card in his 8 years at the club. Not sure I’d class that as an issue.

The real issue is the players that we’ve had come through our club who don’t give a flying fuck about the shirt. They’re happy to collect their pay with minimal effort.

I fucking love Lamela’s attitude. It’s a stark breath of fresh air in contrast to the snowflake bellends modern day football is filled to the brim with.

As for your assessment that Lamela had no skill or talent. That’s just lazy, regurgitated bollocks that bounces off the walls from time to time whenever he has a bad day at the office. Lamela, on his day is a brilliant footballer with an abundance of talent. His career was tarnished by injury. Not by lack of effort or skill and because of that he will go down in mine and many other Spurs fan’s books as a club cult hero.

My avatar is from my youngest son's first trip to WHL. It was late 2015 and we were playing Monaco in the EL. Lamela scored a hat trick in our 4-1 win and my boy was waxing lyrical about him all the way home (which, given we live in Suffolk, ended up being a lot of lyricising!). Any parent will know that their kid's enthusiasm is infectious and I've been a big fan of Lamela ever since.

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm really pleased to see him back.

I think players should get a pat on the back for getting called up for international duty, not for being back in training because they failed to even make the 35 man shortlist for the squad. If Lamela had made it to the WC I'd be the first to congratulate him.
Lol. “Failed” to make the Argentina Squad. That’s a crippling indictment of the lad not getting in ahead of the likes of Messi & Aguero.

And having “failed” to get into that squad, he’s back early at the club, getting himself fully ready for next season. It’s not even June yet.

I think it’s absolutely tremendous that he is doing that to make sure he is in the best possible shape to challenge for a first team place. Whether or not he does get into the first team is another irrelevance. He’s doing all he can to keep himself in Poch’s plans. That is the sort of attitude that should be applauded, not guffawed at.

There’s been a few that come close. Pav and Soldado spring to mind. Maybe even Jenas.

But yeah, Lamela seems to get a lot of hate for not being Gareth Bale the 2nd. I think a lot of people saw what he was like at Roma and were expecting him to blasting in shots from 25 yards every other game. Instead we got very different player.

The injuries haven’t helped, and some suspicious minds (fat Elvis reference) about his last lengthy layoff, but personally I love his tenacious style. He has something about him, and is becoming increasingly influential.

As a Spurs fan - he's just so likeable.

So it always confuses me as to why anyone would hold any dislike for him. Even if you don't rate him, he's the sort of person you want in your squad.

Back
Top Bottom