THE MIGHTY SPURS VS WBA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man Management was Jose's problem. But if you're telling me any player doesn't have a competitive edge you're wrong. As for the nothing to play for, players tend to have this little thing deep down inside called pride. On top of that, if you play shite for your last 5 games just because there is nothing left to play for, before a european championships and the transfer window, you're wrong. These games are giving players a chance to show what they can offer their national team and what they can offer to other teams and potentially get themselves a big money move. What better stage to show that on than against the team sat at the top of the table?

Take Hazard as an example I doubt he is suddenly going to start playing like a talented footballer again, just so that he gets his move to Real/PSG. He's been shite all season, this is the 2015 PFA Player of Year we're talking about, he'll still get a move whether he's played well or not this season, why tweek a hamstring in a nothing game for the Chavs? There is no need for them to play at 110%.

There is all sorts of shadiness in sports. Just because we think our league is above that sort of thing, nothing to suggest that certain teams may or may not act professionally or competitively.

Take Hazard as an example I doubt he is suddenly going to start playing like a talented footballer again, just so that he gets his move to Real/PSG. He's been shite all season, this is the 2015 PFA Player of Year we're talking about, he'll still get a move whether he's played well or not this season, why tweek a hamstring in a nothing game for the Chavs? There is no need for them to play at 110%.

There is all sorts of shadiness in sports. Just because we think our league is above that sort of thing, nothing to suggest that certain teams may or may not act professionally or competitively.

You're having a laugh if you seriously think Madrid are still seriously interested in Hazard. Unless he has a blinder at the Euro's, Hazard will stay at Chelsea. PSG might possibly buy him but only because it's hard for them to attract quality players with anything other than money and the champions league. Also, your suggestion that Hazard's poor performances this season are down to Mourinho aren't really logical, he left in what, November? You're telling me that Hazard is purposefully not doing everything he can to prove that he is a top player? Hell, based on Hazard's performances this year he'll be lucky to get into the Belgium team ahead of fucking Chadli or Mirallas.

You're having a laugh if you seriously think Madrid are still seriously interested in Hazard. Unless he has a blinder at the Euro's, Hazard will stay at Chelsea. PSG might possibly buy him but only because it's hard for them to attract quality players with anything other than money and the champions league. Also, your suggestion that Hazard's poor performances this season are down to Mourinho aren't really logical, he left in what, November? You're telling me that Hazard is purposefully not doing everything he can to prove that he is a top player? Hell, based on Hazard's performances this year he'll be lucky to get into the Belgium team ahead of fucking Chadli or Mirallas.

Someone will sign him for some stupidly inflated price, even though his standard this season has been way below that which is expected on him. I want to believe that all sports is competitive, gentlemanly and follows Queensbury rules. However that just is not the case. If the Chavs decide they suddenly have a point to prove against the Champions-elect then great, however if they've packed their proverbial flip flops and get smashed, what will you think then?

West Brom has at times been shocking. If they play at this level on Monday we could thrash them.

They are making loads of mistakes. We need to flood them with chances at the start of the game. Feeling very optimistic about this game!

They look awful when pressed and we press like lunatics. Normally I am nervous about any game yet strangely calm about this one.

How are they not in a relegation fight?

They look awful when pressed and we press like lunatics. Normally I am nervous about any game yet strangely calm about this one.

How are they not in a relegation fight?

They have some shape defensively, despite woolwich's relentless the pressure they only had 13 attempts on goal. If Pulis's thinks he will put two DM's like today and sit for 90 minutes, he might as well turn the bus around and head back to fucking birmingham.

If we play like we did last night, we'll win. West Brom won't attack like Stoke tried to, but they do have a game Thursday night which could take some ware on them.

Our starting 11 now is working like a well oiled machine. Everyone is working for each other, they all move around the pitch making space and all work hard to win the ball back. Kane is in the form of his life, Alli is the best young player in the world at the moment and we have a solid midfield and defence.

I don't think it'll be another 3-0, but I think we'll win comfortably.
You do realize anything less than 4-0 for us is nail biting...

After seeing how WBA played last night away at Woolwich, Kane could of had 3 or 4. They were all over the shop. I'm sure Pulis will try and change that, but the last game I'm sure Pulis wants is Spurs away, the top scorers, best defence and best footballing team in the league.

I'm sure it'll 11 men behind the ball and lumping it forward to Rondon or Berahino.. Good job we have the best centre back in the league, plus his best mate.

After seeing how WBA played last night away at Woolwich, Kane could of had 3 or 4. They were all over the shop. I'm sure Pulis will try and change that, but the last game I'm sure Pulis wants is Spurs away, the top scorers, best defence and best footballing team in the league.

I'm sure it'll 11 men behind the ball and lumping it forward to Rondon or Berahino.. Good job we have the best centre back in the league, plus his best mate.

The way we're playing I think we're the last team anyone would want to play!

My only nagging doubt (which I guess could be a Spursy hangover) is that this situation is similar (but in reverse) to when WE played Swansea at home... beat them comfortably-ish... then they went to the Emirates 4 days later and won!
This time it's the opposite scenario... and I'm aware that West Brom ain't Swansea. .. but they're in similar league positions, and I'm wary...

....confidently wary, if that's a thing?

My only nagging doubt (which I guess could be a Spursy hangover) is that this situation is similar (but in reverse) to when WE played Swansea at home... beat them comfortably-ish... then they went to the Emirates 4 days later and won!
This time it's the opposite scenario... and I'm aware that West Brom ain't Swansea. .. but they're in similar league positions, and I'm wary...

....confidently wary, if that's a thing?
Haha I was confidently wary about the Stoke game, but then we wiped the floor with them. This teams slowly taking away that feeling of 'we've got a chance to do something special, we'll fuck it up'.

I'm not worried about what we do on the pitch, I'm more worried if we do win the title it'll be found out Alli was ineligible to play in the league and we'll get it taken off us!

Hopefully West Brom will 'turn up' at the Lane as they did last night.

Some teams (Everton, WBA, Chelsea, Stoke) ought to be ashamed of themselves....whether they give a shit is neither here nor there, fans are still travelling the length and breadth of the country to support them.)

I can't help but worry about every game, even if we're playing the local kindergarten team. I'll take that and end up being wowed after all is said and done, compared to a few seasons ago where I felt "this time we'll do it," only to end up being disappointed.

Hopefully West Brom will 'turn up' at the Lane as they did last night.

Some teams (Everton, WBA, Chelsea, Stoke) ought to be ashamed of themselves....whether they give a shit is neither here nor there, fans are still travelling the length and breadth of the country to support them.)

West Brom and Everton where awful in their last games. At least Stoke tried to fight us in parts, Everton rolled over and the lack of quality in the WBA team is amazing.

Can you imagine being a Villa, WBA, Everton fan this season. Shit but also boring to watch.

Back
Top Bottom