New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

lose blocks 55, 56, 23, 23A and A?....roughly 3.5k seats...shrink the away capacity in proportion as well.... not as bad as the Telegrapgh would have you believe

Last edited:
lose blocks 55, 56, 23, 23A and A?....roughly 3.5k seats...shrink the away capacity in proportion as well.... not as bad as the Telegrapgh would have you believe

Will only be for 1 year anyway.

How many home games are we likely to play? 5? 6? Not a big deal.

Apparently there will be seven of these cranes going up....
l7kRe2M.jpg

Will only be for 1 year anyway.

How many home games are we likely to play? 5? 6? Not a big deal.
Would it not be for all home games, rather than just the Champions League ones? What would be the point of just reducing the capacity for CL games?

I suspect the Telegraph has added the CL bit in there to sensationalise the headline?

Unless I've completely missed the point.

Would it not be for all home games, rather than just the Champions League ones? What would be the point of just reducing the capacity for CL games?

I suspect the Telegraph has added the CL bit in there to sensationalise the headline?

I think you are right, it's just to grab attention.
Also, champions league games are always reduced capacity because of the advertising restrictions I believe. Never really understood why they have to cover up the first few rows of seats, it looks shit.

CL has different health and safety rules compared to the prem, as far as I know.

Would just be for the CL games

Some great news, looks like the last objector to our stadium has finally given up the ghost!

Heritage group halts Tottenham Hotspur stadium protest

A heritage group which fought Tottenham Hotspur's new stadium plans says it will take no further action and is looking forward to working the club.

Historic England (HE), the public body responsible for the country's historic environment, has long opposed the plans, which include the demolition of three Victorian and Edwardian heritage buildings to make way for a wider pavement.

HE told ESPN FC it had asked the Secretary of State to call-in the plans and said they were "disappointed" Spurs have received a further green light by way of approval from the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (CLG). Although there is a six-week period for judicial review following the decision, HE said it does not plan to take any further action.

An HE statement read: "We are disappointed that Tottenham Hotspur's proposals for White Hart Lane will not be considered at a Public Inquiry because we believe the development would cause substantial harm to the heritage of the surrounding area. However we look forward to some social and community benefits being offered by the club... which would be delivered as part of the development."

Last week, Tottenham confirmed that CLG's Secretary of State Greg Clark had added his approval to the London Mayor's, leading Haringey Council to rubber stamp the £400 million Northumberland Park project.

Work has already begun on the 61,000-seater stadium a stone's throw from White Hart Lane, which is scheduled to be ready for the start of the 2018-19 season.

Some great news, looks like the last objector to our stadium has finally given up the ghost!

A heritage group which fought Tottenham Hotspur's new stadium plans says it will take no further action and is looking forward to working the club.

Historic England (HE), the public body responsible for the country's historic environment, has long opposed the plans, which include the demolition of three Victorian and Edwardian heritage buildings to make way for a wider pavement.

HE told ESPN FC it had asked the Secretary of State to call-in the plans and said they were "disappointed" Spurs have received a further green light by way of approval from the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (CLG). Although there is a six-week period for judicial review following the decision, HE said it does not plan to take any further action.

An HE statement read: "We are disappointed that Tottenham Hotspur's proposals for White Hart Lane will not be considered at a Public Inquiry because we believe the development would cause substantial harm to the heritage of the surrounding area. However we look forward to some social and community benefits being offered by the club... which would be delivered as part of the development."

Last week, Tottenham confirmed that CLG's Secretary of State Greg Clark had added his approval to the London Mayor's, leading Haringey Council to rubber stamp the £400 million Northumberland Park project.

Work has already begun on the 61,000-seater stadium a stone's throw from White Hart Lane, which is scheduled to be ready for the start of the 2018-19 season.

On a personal note this very sad news. WHL stadium, as has previously been described acuratly as a "triggers broom", in it's long history all four sides have been developed numerous times and therefore bares no resemblance to what it was even 30yrs ago let alone 50yrs or 100yrs, because of this the stadium today lacks any iconic trace of it's past, not one thing. The only thing that has remained through the times have been those buildings, I'd argue they are more iconic than the stadium itself, to see these knocked down is a truly terrible thing. Go google WHL history and the iconic shots of the stadium all feature these buildings with the stadium behind.

I can't help but feel a massive opportunity has been missed for the club to restore all of these buildings and provide fans with a special experience connecting us with our glorious past instead of obliterating it for good, and only to be remembered in black and white photo's.

I am 100% behind the new stadium and want it built asap, with these buildings gone and more pubs under threat of closure we will all be drinking & eating franchise shit in a couple of years.

On a personal note this very sad news. WHL stadium, as has previously been described acuratly as a "triggers broom", in it's long history all four sides have been developed numerous times and therefore bares no resemblance to what it was even 30yrs ago let alone 50yrs or 100yrs, because of this the stadium today lacks any iconic trace of it's past, not one thing. The only thing that has remained through the times have been those buildings, I'd argue they are more iconic than the stadium itself, to see these knocked down is a truly terrible thing. Go google WHL history and the iconic shots of the stadium all feature these buildings with the stadium behind.

I can't help but feel a massive opportunity has been missed for the club to restore all of these buildings and provide fans with a special experience connecting us with our glorious past instead of obliterating it for good, and only to be remembered in black and white photo's.

I am 100% behind the new stadium and want it built asap, with these buildings gone and more pubs under threat of closure we will all be drinking & eating franchise shit in a couple of years.

With regards The White Hart, The Red House and The Dispensary, wasn't it deemed unsafe to keep them. Isn't the clubs plan to keep the frontages and incorporate them into the development of a new museum at that end of the High Road. I get that it's a loss of heritage of Tottenham High Road, however in order to move with the times and regenerate the area as a whole, the stadium needs to happen not just for the club but the residents of Tottenham.

With regards The White Hart, The Red House and The Dispensary, wasn't it deemed unsafe to keep them. Isn't the clubs plan to keep the frontages and incorporate them into the development of a new museum at that end of the High Road. I get that it's a loss of heritage of Tottenham High Road, however in order to move with the times and regenerate the area as a whole, the stadium needs to happen not just for the club but the residents of Tottenham.
The excuse given was for health and safety, not enough space from building to curb-side (but it is safe now??? oh more people at a new stadium, but it was safe when 75k used to go). The club plan to keep Warmington House the other 3 demolished. You can build a wonderful state of the art stadium and still keep these buildings as has been in the plans the past 10yrs, only the revised plans put in a year or so ago had them demolished. Let us not forget this is about us maximising the revenue out of the stadium, we appointed a new bod onto the board who previously ran Lewis's restaurant businesses, (Tavistock owns 17 restaurant chains) expect to see all them serving us in the new stadium, classic American cuisine on match days.

The excuse given was for health and safety, not enough space from building to curb-side (but it is safe now??? oh more people at a new stadium, but it was safe when 75k used to go). The club plan to keep Warmington House the other 3 demolished. You can build a wonderful state of the art stadium and still keep these buildings as has been in the plans the past 10yrs, only the revised plans put in a year or so ago had them demolished. Let us not forget this is about us maximising the revenue out of the stadium, we appointed a new bod onto the board who previously ran Lewis's restaurant businesses, (Tavistock owns 17 restaurant chains) expect to see all them serving us in the new stadium, classic American cuisine on match days.
Hot dog sellers walking up and down the aisles?!

Back
Top Bottom