Right cocky bastards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shhh, this is a safe place, you can say what you want hear without fear of repercussion.
The amount of views this forum gets, it's not a safe place.

Anyway.....

WE THIRD YO!!!!

44627_o.gif

giphy-4.gif

I think it is good to be apprehensive in some instances, this is one of those - I don't want to think about anything other than top-four until the last 10 games.

For the sake of comparison how do we square up with the last Dark Horses of Tottenham?

Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Parker, Modric, Bale, Van Der Vaart, Adebayor
Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Son, Dier, Dembele, Eriksen, Alli, Kane

Walker is probably a bit better than is break out season, but I think we forget how good he was then, winning YPOTY, King's form really dropped off in his final season, probably why he retired but I can't bring myself to say that Vertonghen is better.

2012 BAE vs Rose is a matchup I can't chose, same with Van Der Vaart vs Alli.

Benches:
Cudicini, Dawson, Gallas, Sandro, Huddlestone, Kranjcar, Defoe
Vorm, Wimmer, Davies, Bentaleb, Mason, Chadli, Lamela

Other than Chadli over Kranjcar I can't chose.

Obviously I believe Pochettino is miles better than Redknapp, but I think it is tough to gage at this point.

One other thing though: Redknapp's side was enjoying the benefit of teams not knowing what was about to hit them.

Come the second half of that season/collapse, teams began to get wary of our attack and just set up to defend (something that will also happen to Leicester in the coming months, in my opinion). 'Arry then ran out of ideas, in addition to being distracted by the England job.

In Poch's favour (and hopefully a sign that we'll be stable this season), he's been having to break down parked buses since he arrived.

One other thing though: Redknapp's side was enjoying the benefit of teams not knowing what was about to hit them.

Come the second half of that season/collapse, teams began to get wary of our attack and just set up to defend (something that will also happen to Leicester in the coming months, in my opinion). 'Arry then ran out of ideas, in addition to being distracted by the England job.

In Poch's favour (and hopefully a sign that we'll be stable this season), he's been having to break down parked buses since he arrived.
I mean to an extent, according to reports from fringe players like David Bentley after February the club went to shit internally, training was a joke (something I couldn't imagine happening in a million years under Poch), Bentley saying he spent three weeks with his own pitch attempting to do a Roberto Carlos free kick.

We saw against Norwich and we've seen many times before, that our attack with Kane defend from the front, forcing opposition defenders to make errors.

However, it is gut churning to remember 2012, that collapse. It's kind of like coming home to find you misses banging the dog, sure it's in the past but you're left with trust issues even if your wife is allergic to canines.

I keep the sense of previous disappoints firmly in my mind because I don't want to forget that even though right now are some great times, and we should enjoy them, we don't have a right to them. I don't want to wind up with the moronic sense of entitlement that Woolwich, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea fans have.

Winning football is great, but there's a hell of a lot more to the game than just that, and I don't want to lose sight of the forest for the trees.

However, it is gut churning to remember 2012, that collapse. It's kind of like coming home to find you misses banging the dog, sure it's in the past but you're left with trust issues even if your wife is allergic to canines.
I might not know what the fuck I'm talking about but I'm pretty sure it was nothing like coming home to find your wife or girlfriend fucking a dog

Nah. You've got to forgive and forget.
I love my dog too much to stay mad at him.

Back
Top Bottom