Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The cynic in me always wonders with this kind of thing, whether it's just for potential PR. But my initial feeling here is that it's legit and from the heart. Class act
Heck, even just for PR among the footballing community, it's the kind of thing that we should be doing. It's the kind of gesture which opens doors and wins heart & minds down the road.

Admin Admin Can these be included in the Smilies
proxy.jpg

CUj_alFWoAACGsb.jpg

Read on a Skysports post last night that Pochettino is one of the managers Madrid are looking at to replace Benitez next season.

I had said earlier this season that Poch will be a wanted man when teams begin to take notice of his philosophy and style of play. I can't imagine him going to club where he is always expected to win, and I hope it's just lazy journalism.

He could be one of the best managers we've had if Levy doesn't get trigger happy at a few bad results.

My worry is he will be head hunted the next time a big job comes along and would be very surprised if England dont move heaven and earth to get him after wonky woy run out of chances after the euros.

He could be an ideal candidate for the England job considering the amount of chances he gives youngsters and the style he plays.

Read on a Skysports post last night that Pochettino is one of the managers Madrid are looking at to replace Benitez next season.

I had said earlier this season that Poch will be a wanted man when teams begin to take notice of his philosophy and style of play. I can't imagine him going to club where he is always expected to win, and I hope it's just lazy journalism.

He could be one of the best managers we've had if Levy doesn't get trigger happy at a few bad results.

He'd be terrible at Madrid though.

Not exactly a manager renowned for managing huge egos and delivering instant results

Ironically I think our biggest threat to losing him would be falling just short of the CL places this season - everyone can see he's doing a good job and he might be tempted to try to progress his career quicker than the club are.

Exactly , If you had to draw up a shortlist of the next England manager now surely even the idiots at the FA would have Poch at the top and all said and done who the fuck else is there ?

I think institutional racism wouldn't allow a manager whose English isn't great (obviously ignoring the fact that 90% of English managers speak very badly).

I'm happy he's turned it around, but still not getting over-excited. The start of the season was rocky for sure - I don't think we really started to show any kind of form until the Crystal Palace game, and before that it was a mix of scraping wins and iffy draws (there's a reason we're 5th).

Funnily enough it was the Everton match (0-0) when something seemed to change. He started focusing on keeping a tighter defence and hitting on the break, and while it didn't translate into a result on the day we did dominate a very decent side for the first time this season. That change enabled us to look a more solid team, and around the Palace match we started seeing the confidence emerge that a better defensive focus provides and exploded in the next league match against City.

It's now a case of keeping that confidence going. As a club, we haven't had a winning mentality for decades (arguably even in the Redknapp era, we just played better football) so it's incredibly exciting to see it happening on the pitch now. That's why this next league game against Chelsea is pivotal - win it and we'll retire Chelsea's CL ambitions (err, unless they win it), but if we lose it then everyone will start thinking "same old Spurs".

At the start of the season I saw a team devoid of a plan, and I thought Poch would be gone by Xmas. Now I'm thinking about what could be the start of a new era. Football eh? Still, I'm not getting too worked up just yet. Maybe Sunday I'll feel different...

My worry is he will be head hunted the next time a big job comes along and would be very surprised if England dont move heaven and earth to get him after wonky woy run out of chances after the euros.
England will want him, no doubt about it. They will offer him everything they can. But if you're Poch you can say "not yet. Let me win some trophies first."

The Real job doesn't bother me, he wouldn't get the time he needs there.

There are a few top jobs outside of England though that might fit well.

i imagine he wants to stay in England and why swap to a bigger club when it'll take a couple years to get them straight? In that time he can take us further and own the credit for it. as long as Levy and he get on and as long as Levy gives him what he requests I think he'll stay.

Back
Top Bottom