Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

come on. he could have at least played 1 of either jan or toby at CB. he played 1 of them against carrier bag. same with lloris & vorm.

its not hindsight. anyone would be worried with fazio & wimmer at the heart of your defence with vorm behind them.

how could poch not see that. cant be a rest issue because he played toby on the thursday & sunday last wk.

You form the opinion beforehand, it happens, then apparently it's hindsight ?

Don't most teams because of the level of the competition. Whichever way we like to dress it up, its a Championship competition and the PL use it an opportunity to play squad players. So was last night a full on game, a game to be taken seriously - NO. Im refusing to get sad when we do not field a full strength team and that goes into EL as well.

Its the only fucking thing we've won since 1991!

What's worrying is he isn't learning his lessons...he fucked up the team selections in the europa/league cup final.....and he has now gone and done it again.

It's not rocket science is it ?.....if he can't get things like this right, then there is no hope for him.

Was really a come down ,to say the least. As the atmosphere in the pub(Two Brewers) was really good.
Didn't get a ticket, so watched it there. Whilst we perked up a bit in the 2nd half, I don't think we ever looked like getting a result. There just wasn't that buzz from the players.
I for one, enjoy this tournament and always want us to do well(its been kind to us in my life time)
I am like that with all cup competitions. I came to the conclusion in my 20s(i'm 47 now) that I would never see us win the league, so I find it particularly upsetting when we faff about with team selection in the cups.

Oh well, roll on Saturday.

As for the hedgehoppers defacing our ground. Sums them up, bits of cardboard don't hit back.

As for the hedgehoppers defacing our ground. Sums them up, bits of cardboard don't hit back.

Seeing them say they got a result off the pitch has really cheered me up this morning, so deluded it's untrue.

They didn't get let out of the stadium until an hour and half after the match. They finally sloped into seven sisters at 11:15. No singing, no noise, just soiled knickers from a long walk.

They tore down signs saying "the game is about glory" and "to dare is to do" big deal, our managers team selection basically proved they have no business being up in the first place. :pochfacepalm:

Could the manager be any more daring than what he was by trusting the squaddies in a game against Arse? Don't you think he realise the potential wrath he risked facing by the part of the fanbase who thinks they are the reason for the clubs existence, who thinks the clubs main goal should be to win otherwise rather unimportant derby games, at all costs, to please them?

Seeing them say they got a result off the pitch has really cheered me up this morning, so deluded it's untrue.

They didn't get let out of the stadium until an hour and half after the match. They finally sloped into seven sisters at 11:15. No singing, no noise, just soiled knickers from a long walk.
Was it raining?Please say yes. I can't remember as I was at home sulking by that time

Could the manager be any more daring than what he was by trusting the squaddies in a game against Arse? Don't you think he realise the potential wrath he risked facing by the part of the fanbase who thinks they are the reason for the clubs existence, who thinks the clubs main goal should be to win otherwise rather unimportant derby games, at all costs, to please them?
You think the fanbase isn't the reason for the clubs existence? Try running a club without fans, good luck

The defeat, though painful, is no biggie anyway.

Their DM pairing of Arteta and Flamini, though old and slower, is experienced. We don't have the players to exploit their lack of pace.

And when Alexis came on, we had no reply. Clinton N'Jie still very raw.

Fazio was crap. He had a few misplaced passes which would have made to scoreline more embarrassing had it not been Woolwich being wasteful in front of goal.
I'm afraid against those cunts, ANY defeat is a biggie!
This fixture really matters... always has and always will.
Why else did 1200+ turn up to a YOUTH game at Underhill... ? Cos it was against them!
I assume the players see Saturday as a bigger fixture than last night, simply cos Sky have repeatedly told us how big Man City are these days...

's fucked up maaaaaaan!

Not when you cant even get near the original target no its not
I do get it and understand all the disappointment and anger, football is fuelled with emotion. Im being flippant with my comment of aiming higher. I want to be in every competition and win every competition. I just want to move on and forget yesterday. Beat City on Sat and things will look better. If we want bragging rights over the Scum then we need to become better than them over a season. Finishing higher or winning more silverware. We are one down so lets refocus/regroup and move on forward.

Back
Top Bottom