Sunday Funday with Crystal Palace!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not when that injury comes to our only striker or only DM.

We´ve now played two very good games this season, for the whole game. Kane is out of sorts, but his contribution is still good.....are people really adopting the mentality that we dont need him that badly? Really....is this whats happening now?

And Id really like to see us perform to the levels we did yesterday and v Everton without Dier.

Spurs fans. Forever deluded.

Someone else could come in and be better than Dier - you literally have no clue that wouldn't be the case.........it's only about 4 games since the season was a write off because we WERE playing Dier in midfield!

3 wins on the bounce is killing you, isn't it.......suicide watch at Sammy's if we win the next 2

It'a pretty much an indication as to how far we've fallen that a home win against Palace is celebrated in such an ott fashion on this forum. Had they enjoyed a modicum of good fortune the two shots off the woodwork would have seen a very different mood on the page. Sign of the times I guess. Mid table obscurity here we come.

Before yesterday they'd taken 24 from 30 available points away from home - just defeats at Chelsea and Southampton.

Someone else could come in and be better than Dier - you literally have no clue that wouldn't be the case.........it's only about 4 games since the season was a write off because we WERE playing Dier in midfield!

3 wins on the bounce is killing you, isn't it.......suicide watch at Sammy's if we win the next 2

He's tried to disguise it by saying he's reined it in.. That's just a posh way of saying he has nothing to whine about..
First defeat and he will be back to moaning about having Dier as DM along with 1000 I told you so's.

It'a pretty much an indication as to how far we've fallen that a home win against Palace is celebrated in such an ott fashion on this forum. Had they enjoyed a modicum of good fortune the two shots off the woodwork would have seen a very different mood on the page. Sign of the times I guess. Mid table obscurity here we come.

troll-face-clapping-proud-of-your-stupid-post.gif

Dier has been a revelation. Who will come in and do better?
Mason? Bentaleb? Dembele? What like they did last year?

Two good performances, results aside makes me happy.

Last week was a good result, but I couldnt give two fucks for the performance, as It said at the time. It showed no progress, unlike yesterday.

Whats killing you is the fact Ive been praising the team

Last edited:
There is no hiding now after a solid performance as yesterdays win. Its post EL and against a good side on form. For me its not about the 3 points, it's the performance, progression, attitude of the players and Poch. Poch got it spot on. Place were pedestrian with pace. We played our game and nullified theirs. Lets keep improving and the rewards will present themselves.

Glad Eriksen us fit. should play on Wed. How intelligent he is. He's at a different level in is mind as a footballer.
He will compliment Kane and Son big time.

Felt the team (and the atmosphere in the ground) got a massive lift when Eriksen came on, so integral to our play and immediately looks like he's going to make things happen.

Dier has been a revelation. Who will come in and do better?
Mason? Bentaleb? Dembele? What like they did last year?

What a choice. Mason or Bentaleb, both are good replacements and could fill in. At the moment Dier is spot on what we need. We mustn't under estimate the energy levels of other players that support.

saw him last night at a restaurant, seems like a nice guy
I met him in Westerham , Kent , coffee bar . Very
guarded as it was the Monday after he thumped
someone . Typical ex footballer monotone ,
no emotion , bland chit chat .
l was on the same flight as Alan Smith , he was
basically a carbon copy . Ian Walker in the Spurs
players lounge fitted the typical thick footballer .
Chris Perry was a very nice bloke . Ginola held
court with his wonderful charm and fine manners.
I think British players mainly come across as
arseholes . European tend to be more rounded.

Good day at the lane yesterday. It really seemed like the players were enjoying their football. Big test on Saturday though, but we are starting to look more organised. Sunderland and Palace are two games that we should've won and did. That has not always been the case, and those kind of dropped points have cost us dear.
We are unbeaten in 5 now, a good place to kick on from.

Back
Top Bottom