Sunderland v TOTTENHAM - 13th Sept 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow, this is gash. We should be 2-0 down at best. Poch is just a very average manager.
agreed. seems a lot of people who want to keep him on, only do because they dont want more upheaval.
not because of poch himself.
me included.

i see so many negatives with poch & very few positives.

levy hasnt backed him so he hasnt had a fair crack.
but i dont think he has done as well as he should have with what he has been given.

Did we play better when we were mid table with Ginola, Ferdinand, Carr etc than how we played last season and so far this season? We are seriously missing a spark in the team. Hate to say it but this win was not the game to kick start our season.
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't we will find out next week, but I bet we beat Palace

Why do they bother to have goal of the month as a phone in?

It's always going to be Woolwich or Liverpool..
Coutinho first and giroud second even tho he slipped as he shot..
Just about as big a pointless excersise as you could have..

Never saw the game because I was working so waited to watch MOTD before commenting.

I posted before the game that I felt quite positive but really don't know what to think now.
Dier and Mason looked solid again.
Good, young team and hope that it all comes together.
Great goal and thank god for the win.

I know if I was watching it live i'd have been screaming at the tv. More of the same.
We looked completely bereft of ideas and the goal came against a knackered Sunderland side.

Weirdly odd to feel this dissapointed after a win.

Anyway fuck it - we won. Look forward to better performance and a win against crapbag on Thursday!! :)

Fat Sam and that cunt dipper Murphy on MOTD just couldn't bring themselves to say anything nice. Cunts.
And Murphy then went on to defend the shite Liverpool have been playing!!

I think we did sloppy, but there's no reason to be melting. Some people here are just never happy. Are you going to be happy when we lose and play bad as well? I get this feeling that some are just trying to justify their grudges and be right

I think we did sloppy, but there's no reason to be melting. Some people here are just never happy. Are you going to be happy when we lose and play bad as well? I get this feeling that some are just trying to justify their grudges and be right

Is this a response to me?
If so you have never seen me melt!! :)

I watched the full game a few hours after it had finished having avoided the score all day.

Was a strange one really. I felt that there were some really excellent individual displays from a lot of the team. In particular Diee, mason, Townsend and vertonghen. I also thought Davies did well, Alli showed some good touches and lamela actually helped to impact a game for once.
Where I thought we were let down was the coherence in the final third. It was all a bit of a mess. Chadli was totally anonymous for large patches and Kane, albeit putting loads of effort, had one of his worst games in terms of real quality.

I thought that the game changed in our favour when Townsend came on and we gave them a more direct Threat to worry about.

My main observation is that I think watching a game without the running commentary of this forum or twitter actually gives you a much fresher perspective. I think that if I had been watching 'live' I would have been feeling a lot more down on the performance.

In reality it wasn't vintage, but we overcame a very physical test away from home at a hostile stadium against a side scrapping for a first win. We showed a moment of real quality when it seemed we'd already exhausted our efforts to impose ourselves on the game.

Sure we got lucky with the Defoe miss and the Rodwell chance. But I feel that a lot of the negativity on here after that win is slightly silly.

My main observation is that I think watching a game without the running commentary of this forum or twitter actually gives you a much fresher perspective. I think that if I had been watching 'live' I would have been feeling a lot more down on the performance.

Going to have to try that sometime :)

I think a lot of the negativity is the worry about the upcoming games which will come fast now with Europa starting.
We haven't started well at all and got a lucky win against a very poor Sunderland with a pretty poor team performance.
The injuries are racking up as well.

As you say tho. Some good individual permformances. If it starts to click I think we can be really good.
Heres hoping the Europa can build some confidence.

yet u choose to read his posts & not put him on ignore.
then u whinge & moan about him & his posts.

id read your own posts before u accuse others of being boring & whiny.
I have him on ignore. But when the forum is dominated by people arguing with Sammy, sometimes if you want to know whats going on you have to quickly click show ignored content. Then vomit, and re-click ignore member.
I won't comment on your posts, as I honestly can't remember reading any. Except to say, did you just say that 'I'm paper and you're glue, whatever you say sticks to you?"

You can't complain too much when you win but we neither deserved it or showed how we will be able to deal with better teams.

Palace won't play like Sunderland. Neither will Man City. Even Aston Villa had verve about them before Leicester forced the issue.

Can we do that? Not with the evidence so far. Poch still has no discernible game plan.

For as much as people talk about his philosophy, a year on and I don't even see the beginnings of one. Except get rid of senior players.

Like others have said, I only want him to stay because I do not want another clearout and transition but we seem to be in one anyway. Pity that when the league is so fluid we cannot take any advantage.

It was a steady performance, considering we were mising 3 regulars from the middle.Mason bossed the center with Dier defensivly doing an excellent job. We lacked fluency and ideas at times and didnt show enough energy for me . Townsend came on and changed this. His high spirits and width was refreshing and with Lamela , it was like the band was back together? Son needs to play games, lets hope hes up for it?

Yeah people say we were lucky against Sunderland and they wonder if we'll be able to win against better teams yet they forget that we've dominated Everton last match from the start to the end and we were highly unlucky not to score a winning goal so yeah we definitely can help ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom