Sunderland v TOTTENHAM - 13th Sept 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we absolutely rinsed them 2-2 last season, and destroyed them 1-1 the season before. I could see a similar game where we dominate but get pegged back/buggered late in the game.

Kaboul gives up a penalty.
Kane imagines he's in the NFL and hoofs it over the bar.
Soldado scores again.

Sunderland are shit and there's no reason why we can't do them 2-0.

If we give away a lead, or concede late, then I think we are in the shit. If on the other hand, we win 5-0, it is clearly just papering over the cracks.
If we don't score, it will mean relegation. Scoring just one means we are in for a long season. More than one player scoring vindicates 'one up front.' Only one player scoring means we are a one man team.
Conceding two means that we are shit.
Losing by more than two means that we should all kill ourselves.
Playing expansive, high tempo and attacking football means we are at the wrong game.
Think that covers it.

Shame we have to wait another week til we seen yedlin hopefully get some PL experience! Interested to see how he goes! under the pump plenty as Sunderland are shiz!

Thank you for creating this thread. I was about to do the same. Back to football, and I'm sure everyone will feel a little better when we're flying around thrashing Sunderland the day after Woolwich loses to Stoke.

I'm done with my 5 stages of grief. Everybody else can either get there or not. Life goes on.

3-0 Spurs.
:dembelefingers:

EDIT: I just saw that Son may not be ready to start, N'jie may not be fit yet, Bentaleb picked up a knock, and Dembele is probably out.

2-0 Spurs.

I don't wish to sound harsh, but is there any chance the Bentelab injury is so severe he may never play football for Spurs again ???????

Kind of hoping to se Alli get the chance from start this game. And Son and Trippier and why not Wimmer
Why not:
------------------Hugo---------------------
Trippier----Toby----Wimmer---Rose
------------Alli----Dier--------------------
Njie----------Son----------Ericsen
------------Arry----------------------

Kind of hoping to se Alli get the chance from start this game. And Son and Trippier and why not Wimmer
Why not:
------------------Hugo---------------------
Trippier----Toby----Wimmer---Rose
------------Alli----Dier--------------------
Njie----------Son----------Ericsen
------------Arry----------------------

Vertonghen was class v Everton so harsh to drop him in my view.

Also, why play Son central and Eriksen left when swapping them would put them both in their best positions?

Agree with Trippier, though Walker has been decent so far.

I would guess Alli will come off the bench again. Mason is on good form.

Do we think Son will start this or more likely he'll come off the bench a couple of times before securing starting XI status?

It's tough to call, on the one hand players rarely start upon signing for Pochettino, on the other he's £20m+ and clearly has some talent for us to use straight away.

Yes maybee its harsh to drop Jan but I really want to se how Wimmer looks. I think Eriksen is best on the left side, but maybee you´re right, anyway in modern football the original positions on the paper are´nt that important, they should constantly shift anyway.

if we don't beat them we can just fuck off. 3-1 to the good guys. Kane scores.

70a725a44f1da7ecc61d9040706483a0.png

Defoe to score first. Everyone sets their heads on fire.

Kane equaliser - we douse our heads with water.

Mason scores in 78th minute - we pour cake on our head.

Kaboul scrambles an equaliser in the 98th minute. It turns out to be trifle instead of cake.

Back
Top Bottom