New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Prem aren't trying to block our move to MK. They are saying we can't play Prem games there and at Wembley in the same season.

Incidentally we might be able to play Prem games at MK Dons and European/domestic Cup games at Wembley, as non-Prem games presumably fall under 'non-Prem' jurisdiction. Though doubtless the Prem will be keenly monitoring whatever alternative ground arrangements we make.
Thanks Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever for clarifying this for me.

THEY RESPONDED TO MY CONCERNS! ON THE MICROSITE!
y4cRixK.png

Some/many people criticising me on here seem to be unaware of contingency planning, which includes looking at 'catastrophe scenarios'. Any time a company is planning a massive change such as we are, has to be aware, as much as possible of what could go wrong.

Which is exactly why this is not a problem. There is no chance that this would not have been considered by the club.

Most probable contingency is that whoever we agree a stadium tenancy with will include a second year option should we need it.

Point isn't that it's unlikely to overrun, point is there's no chance this won't be planned for.

Hi Dixie, I have already explained what would constitute 'it all going wrong'. I'm surprised at you not reading my posts before being critical of me. I'm used to it from many others hence no need to reply to them.

But for you I'll make an exception at explain again. It could all go wrong if we move out of the Lane, and move somewhere else that doesn't prove acceptable to the Prem, or we move somewhere acceptable (much more likely, eg Milton Keynes, but then unforeseen difficulties arise, eg the building of the new stadium doesn't get completed on time. We may be then left hostages to (ill) fortune, and once you''re in that situation, all sorts of horrors might unfold.

Some/many people criticising me on here seem to be unaware of contingency planning, which includes looking at 'catastrophe scenarios'. Any time a company is planning a massive change such as we are, has to be aware, as much as possible of what could go wrong.

In no way am I 'scare mongering', and resent that coming from you, tbh. I am looking at possible nightmare scenarios, because I worry a lot about this club I have supported and followed for so long.

Nothing in ENIC's stewardship so far is as challenging as the task they now face of getting us out of the old stadium and back safely in a new one, in a timely and secure manner.
On the contrary Greavsie, I certainly did read your post and several others regarding Enic and the new stadium proposals.

In fairness I have been more of a supporter than critic of you and your views and always feel that everyone should have the right to air their opinions without being personally attacked or abused.

I feel though that now you are so hung up on Enic and your total dislike/distrust of them that it is giving bias to some of your reasoning. I personally don't think there is any evidence whatsoever to suggest that full and thorough planning is not and will not be in place. I do not believe that Levy will risk any of the outcomes you fear but I guess there, we will just have to agree to disagree.

How can Spam block us rom sharing the OS? They are renting it, they do not own it.
They have even used taxpayer money to convert it, paying fuck all themselves, so how do they have that right?
So, when state aid claims are issued it's nothing to do with them, it's the LDDC, but when someone else would like to rent the stadium for one season it's their decision?
They were reluctant to pay anything in th first place, and coughed up £5m, cunts.The were forced to up that to £15m
Surely they cannnot also receive money from sponsorship in naming the stadium, yet they say they are entitled to a share? Fuck me, the cough up £15m, which was like getting blood out of a stone, are paying £2m, yes just £2m a year for rent and they want a share of the naming rights, negotiated by the LDDC, of a stadium they don't own.
Are the LDDC and West Ham are partnership ffs. This is a national scandal

On the contrary Greavsie, I certainly did read your post and several others regarding Enic and the new stadium proposals.

In fairness I have been more of a supporter than critic of you and your views and always feel that everyone should have the right to air their opinions without being personally attacked or abused.

I feel though that now you are so hung up on Enic and your total dislike/distrust of them that it is giving bias to some of your reasoning. I personally don't think there is any evidence whatsoever to suggest that full and thorough planning is not and will not be in place. I do not believe that Levy will risk any of the outcomes you fear but I guess there, we will just have to agree to disagree.
Fair enough, each to their own etc. You are wrong that I totally dislike/distrust ENIC, I have praised them on many occasions.
Indeed on this particular issue I am not criticising them at all, though certain people, including perhaps you, are misreading what I say.
I am simply saying that ENIC now face a massive task ahead of them to get this right.

Of course you could argue that by leaving us needing to move to a temporary stadium, ENIC have left us open to various possible problems. But that has not been been the thrust of my argument on this particular matter. The need to move is a fait accompli, I am now addressing the dangers implicit in such a move, and would be discussing them whoever was in charge.

Last edited:
How can Spam block us rom sharing the OS? They are renting it, they do not own it.
They have even used taxpayer money to convert it, paying fuck all themselves, so how do they have that right?
So, when state aid claims are issued it's nothing to do with them, it's the LDDC, but when someone else would like to rent the stadium for one season it's their decision?
They were reluctant to pay anything in th first place, and coughed up £5m, cunts.The were forced to up that to £15m
Surely they cannnot also receive money from sponsorship in naming the stadium, yet they say they are entitled to a share? Fuck me, the cough up £15m, which was like getting blood out of a stone, are paying £2m, yes just £2m a year for rent and they want a share of the naming rights, negotiated by the LDDC, of a stadium they don't own.
Are the LDDC and West Ham are partnership ffs. This is a national scandal
Hi DG, AFAIK, West Ham can only block us in their first year at the OS, but we would need it in their 2nd and perhaps 3rd year there, so they cannot block our sharing the stadium. Of course they can oppose it, and probably would.

There are various problems, and they have been discussed many times, including MPs and the Mayor having their say on it. There is the problem of addressing fixture clashes (traditionally we get to play at home when Woolwich are away, West Ham alternating with us might cause problems there). There is the problem of security and policing. There is the problem that the Prem would want guarantees that both clubs could deliver all their Prem games there in an 'unfettered' manner. There would doubtless be other problems too. The fact that we have no 'ITK'/reliable news that Spurs are interested in going for the OS may well indicate we're not interested. It seems ENIC are going for Wembley/MK Dons, and in reality it's MK Dons all the way AFAIC.

BTW I'm glad to see someone else other than me talking about what a scandal the OS 'carve up' has been. A lot of people on here seem to think West Ham haven't got a great deal at all, indeed the way they go on about how rubbish the OS is, they must think West Ham are overpaying at £2m a year :thumbup:

As I have said many a time I'm very worried about our 'temporary move'. Leaving our fate in the hands of another club, Wembley, whatever, is something that makes me very nervous.

We stand the risk of becoming hostages to fortune, or more precisely, ill-fortune. What happens if the building works on our new stadium overrun? Doubtless we will draw up contracts with all sorts of 'safety net clauses', but life has a horrible habit of going wrong, and the law sometimes isn't sufficient to put it right.

It looks like Milton Keynes will be our temporary home, as we should be able to deliver our fixtures to a standard the Prem requires from there. But it's not ideal, to say the least.

The thought of us fucking up on this, and getting chucked out of the Prem because we don't have a home fit for purpose is frightening to say the least. A 61k stadium in the Conference :eek:

Getting this move right and us safely back into the new stadium is going to be the biggest challenge ENIC have faced during their ownership of this club, I hope they're up to the task.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh I've missed this place.

What a mental old shit.

Which is exactly why this is not a problem. There is no chance that this would not have been considered by the club.

Most probable contingency is that whoever we agree a stadium tenancy with will include a second year option should we need it.

Point isn't that it's unlikely to overrun, point is there's no chance this won't be planned for.
is shocking, isnt it..he thinks that multi billionaire businessmen wont have considered what do to if it overruns

Everyone thinks West Ham got a great deal, most people however don't see it as something which will turn them into Man City or Chelsea.
even for a good deal, its gonna cost them about 400 million minimum. 100 yr lease, 2 million a year. 5000 tickets given away per game to the council. even if its the cheap, 20 tickets that are closer to WHL than their pitch (and Im betting they aint..Im betting some of them are gonna be top of the line. cant expect the local politicians not to have the very best, can we?), thats 100k per game. just shy of 2 million per season. thats approx 400 million. before you take into account the lost revenue from catering, hospitality etc . and at the end of the day, they will be paying 400 million for nothing to show at the end of it all.

Greaves only looks at the little picture. That's why his dissenters go on ignore.

Back
Top Bottom