New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CKNjwEcWsAA5PIE.jpg

Heres what she thinks of a groundshare

:carrollwtf:

Not a fan of Ashley or any owner in particular, but the fact that he bailed them out of c.£80m debt seems to get completely lost.

I'm sure that overall cross-selling between his businesses has made Newcastle worthwhile, but I reckon as a stand alone deal it's been shit and maybe without him they'd be pretty much fucked.
Go and tell that to the magpie fans .
There laugh you off the planet .
Parasite , I wonder if there anymore ?

Wow I haven't read a single word in this thread until now and I see ol' greavsie talking about us getting sent to the conference hahahahahaha

And West Ham won't become a powerhouse because they have a new stadium. Sure they'll have a little more money but as far as I'm aware they aren't going to spend 100's of millions and pay players astronomical wages to attract top players to join them over better clubs like City and chelsea have. And they don't have the status that we or Liverpool do that will make players want to join them over us. Until one of those two things happen then they'll be stuck in mid table like they've been doing.

i read this post somewhere else.
do those figures look right?
if so i didnt realise how big we are.

Woolwich: 40k people on the waiting list and and 35K with season tickets.
Chelsea:have 25k people with season tickets and do not have a waiting list.
Liverpool: have 28K season ticket holders and 25k people on a waiting list.
Manchester United: 35k on season ticket waiting list and 52k season ticket holders.
Manchester City: 3K on season ticket waiting list with 35k season ticket holders.
Tottenham: 47K on waiting list and 23k season ticket holders.
This list has surprised me a bit as i had thought that Chelsea and city would have more fans on the waiting list and was surprised by the size of the spurs waiting list. Also i thought as Liverpool being the "biggest club in England" would have a lot more people on there waiting list.

This list has led me to the conclusion despite what the media tell us. the most supported teams in England are Man united Woolwich and spurs. And when i say most supported i don't mean global fan base i mean fans in England.

i read this post somewhere else.
do those figures look right?
if so i didnt realise how big we are.

Woolwich: 40k people on the waiting list and and 35K with season tickets.
Chelsea:have 25k people with season tickets and do not have a waiting list.
Liverpool: have 28K season ticket holders and 25k people on a waiting list.
Manchester United: 35k on season ticket waiting list and 52k season ticket holders.
Manchester City: 3K on season ticket waiting list with 35k season ticket holders.
Tottenham: 47K on waiting list and 23k season ticket holders.
This list has surprised me a bit as i had thought that Chelsea and city would have more fans on the waiting list and was surprised by the size of the spurs waiting list. Also i thought as Liverpool being the "biggest club in England" would have a lot more people on there waiting list.

This list has led me to the conclusion despite what the media tell us. the most supported teams in England are Man united Woolwich and spurs. And when i say most supported i don't mean global fan base i mean fans in England.
Our fanbase is larger than CFC's. City don't sell out so I would take that with a pinch of salt. Our 47k waiting list is grossly distorted by the amount of day trippers that buy bronze membership just to secure tickets for one game, United's, Liverpool's and Woolwich's the same, but Woolwich's claim of 40k is laughable.

Our fanbase is larger than CFC's. City don't sell out so I would take that with a pinch of salt. Our 47k waiting list is grossly distorted by the amount of day trippers that buy bronze membership just to secure tickets for one game, United's, Liverpool's and Woolwich's the same, but Woolwich's claim of 40k is laughable.
interesting. so in the new stadium, am i right in thinking we would pretty much sell out all the league games but probably half fill europa & domestic cup games (unless we play a big team)?

i did think liverpool had a lot more fans. maybe its because they are gobby & loud.

& could Woolwich have not done 70k & filled it?

utd dont have much room to expand now.

interesting. so in the new stadium, am i right in thinking we would pretty much sell out all the league games but probably half fill europa & domestic cup games (unless we play a big team)?

i did think liverpool had a lot more fans. maybe its because they are gobby & loud.

& could Woolwich have not done 70k & filled it?

utd dont have much room to expand now.
Woolwich have been lying about their attendances for years, so I think not. I don't think we will sell out ours (apart from woolwich) unless some some generous concessions are made, much as I hate them our fanbase is similar - some would say theirs is a bit bigger. LFC, out of the 3 have the highest percentage (2nd to United probably) of fans that don't attend games.

Woolwich have been lying about their attendances for years, so I think not. I don't think we will sell out ours (apart from woolwich) unless some some generous concessions are made, much as I hate them our fanbase is similar - some would say theirs is a bit bigger. LFC, out of the 3 have the highest percentage (2nd to United probably) of fans that don't attend games.
yeh i read arsenals official attendance doesnt match the empty seats u can see.

so what do u reckon for league games for us?
around 50k?

Any thoughts on what you would like remembered in the new stadium from our past
The obvious ones are the double winning side, Bill Nick, Chas and Dave etc
But what about more off the beaten track.
The fella that suggested the school boys who founded the club came up with a beauty.A statue opposite the current shop would be superb IMHO.
I'd like to see Walter Tull remembered as well, not a statue but in some way.
Any other ideas?

Liverpool do have a lot more fans, it's just that the majority of them couldn't point to Liverpool on a map let alone actually turn out at Anfield regularly
You have to remember that many of their match going fans don't show up on the attendances as they force their way in. As was proven(I have thought they were still at it for a while now) to me at a wedding last week

Back
Top Bottom