U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015%2f5%2fPritchard.jpg

first team next year please

Tom Glover started for Australia U20s against mexico U20s.
Australia had a 2-0 lead at halftime but Mexico scored two late goals in the last 10 minutes draw the game. the equaliser was a penalty in the 87th...
:eriksenserious:

Cameron Carter Vickers is killing it at the U20 WC. Very highly rated thus far, even above some very good performances elsewhere in the squad.

And he's what? 17?
Born last day of '97 so yeah.

US won 4-0 over New Zealand with some great individual performances and based on the sites (forums) to get US news, they are saying he probably was the best of the bunch and its amazing how dominant he is for his age.

Is there any inkling of which youth players have been let go? I'm pretty much expecting Walkes & Lloyd to go, perhaps also Goddard who has been peripheral.

From the development squad I'd imagine
Jon Miles will go (again).
Alex McQueen has been out on trial and rumoured to be leaving.
Grant Hall probably can't be described as a youngster but he'll out I'd have though.
Christian Ceballos has been talking about leaving for months.
Aaron McEneff has been out on trial and has also been peripheral (he wasn't helped by the Northern Ireland FA taking six months to green light his move, which meant he couldn't play for us for ages after signing).
Daniel Akindayini hasn't looked up to much so I'd expect him to move on.
Will Miller although a tidy little player is obviously not going to make it at this level so I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop down to a Championship club's development squad.
Manny Sonupe was rumoured to be out of contract and he has struggled to impose himself at U21 level so it wouldn't be a total shock if he was to leave.
Tom Gomelt has been out on loan again but made little impact so I would pretty surprised to see him return to the club.
Kenny McEvoy hasn't developed at all in the 4 years he's been with us (he joined us at U16 level) and will be let go, I'm sure of it.
Shaq Coulthirst burst onto the scene as a real hot prospect but he's looked increasingly less and less like a scorer or creator of goals in that time. I'd expect to see him plying his trade in League 2 or Conference National level rather than sign a new deal here.

In the reserve group that leaves:

GK: Luke McGee
CB/LB: Conor Ogilvie
CB: Dominic Ball
DM: Filip Lesniak
CM: Harry Winks
MF: Grant Ward
CB/DM: Milos Veljkovic
LW/AM: Nathan Oduwa

McGee, Ball, Winks, Ward, Veljkovic & Oduwa will be either envolved with the first team or out on loan building on their progress. Ogilvie and Lesniak have been less consistent and probably face a make or break year.

Moving up from the U18s to the U21s (assuming my contract predictions are borne out):

GK: Harry Voss: Not especially impressed by Voss, doesn't organise or communicate well enough, but suspect he'll play a lot of games as McGee goes out on loan.
RB/LB: Kyle Walker-Peters: Special player epxect him to go out on loan after Xmas.
CM: Luke Amos: Another player with big potential. In the Bentaleb mould. Probably a year too early for a loan.
LW: Anthony Georgiou: Going to struggle I think and will probably move on next summer.
AM: Josh Onomah: Bags of talent but not quite up to speed I don't think, still too early for a loan.
CM: Josh Pritchard: Probably got a reprieve, in a cruel way, by breaking his leg. He's a solid but not spectacular central midfielder. Will have to make serious strides this coming season not to be forgotten about.
AM/ST: Shayon Harrison: Lacks pace which is always going to hold him back. He scores bundles of goals without ever seemingly getting involved and playing well. Could be the next Harry Kane if he bulks up into a beast but very much doubt it.

As for the First year scholars the only movement I could potentially see is keeper Thomas McDermott going out on a season long loan to another club's U18s as he's going to get very little game time competing with Tom Glover, Alfie Whiteman and Brandon Austin.

The U16s coming up are a very promising bunch. By my reckoning we have:

GK: Alfie Whiteman (England U16 keeper)
GK: Brandon Austin
CB: Japhet Tanganga (England U16 captain)
CB/DM: Jack Roles
LB: Jayden Brown (England U16 left back)
LB: Nick Tsaroulla
CM: George Marsh
CM: Dylan Duncan
AM: Marcus Edwards (England U16/U18 no.10)
AM: Sam Shasoua
ST: Keanean Bennetts (England U16 left winger)
ST: Kaziah Sterling (England U16 striker)

Its not confirmed so I can't be sure but a striker called Aramide Oteh may be part of the group and the mysterious Romanian central midfielder Rares Lazar may yet join.

Of the group Tanganga and Edwards are absolute stars, for me.

Didn't Kenny McEvoy just sign a new contract and got backed by poch?

Windy originally thought so based on a tweet or something from Kenny but has since heard that it isn't true (about the new contract). I found it odd when it was rumoured that he'd got a new deal. I've seen very little to suggest he's going to make it as a professional. He's exactly the same player he was when we signed him and I fully expect him to find his level probably in non-league. He's quick but runs down blind alleys, his touch is poor, his crossing is poor, his passing is poor, his movement is poor, his finishing is poor, he's lightweight and gets bounced off the ball all too easily.

Windy originally thought so based on a tweet or something from Kenny but has since heard that it isn't true (about the new contract). I found it odd when it was rumoured that he'd got a new deal. I've seen very little to suggest he's going to make it as a professional. He's exactly the same player he was when we signed him and I fully expect him to find his level probably in non-league. He's quick but runs down blind alleys, his touch is poor, his crossing is poor, his passing is poor, his movement is poor, his finishing is poor, he's lightweight and gets bounced off the ball all too easily.
I think his touch is decent but largely agree with you.

BTW - loads of people jumped on a tweet/Instagram post and started writing articles about his contract. I was fairly skeptical at the time and since heard that he's being released. I guess we'll find out soon one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom