A-League > EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I also do agree,
I don't like the term 'EPL'
people don't call it the GBL (German Bundesliga League) and SLLL (Spanish La Liga League
BundesLIGA - you can't call it the Bundesliga League. Same as calling yours the A-League League.

La Liga is already shortened. It's called The Primera Division. English-speakers call it La Liga.

Bundesliga is shortened to BuLi (boo-lee).

Why people can't just call it the Premiership or Premier League I don't know. 3 syllables. Not that hard!!

On topic, I actually quite enjoy watching A-League on BT Sport. The level isn't that bad. I would say from what I see it's actually better overall than the MLS, which seems to try to look good but it's actually still piss poor, bar the odd player here and there.

the quality in the A-League is affected by stuff like playing in the summer heat, having a 10 team competition so therefore everybody knows everybody inside out, the salary cap which evens out the competition a lot, large amounts of travel if you're in the asian champions league, lack of international break etc...

the quality in the A-League is affected by stuff like playing in the summer heat, having a 10 team competition so therefore everybody knows everybody inside out, the salary cap which evens out the competition a lot, large amounts of travel if you're in the asian champions league, lack of international break etc...
You must laugh when you see our pundits trying to suggest that our players must be suffering 2 days after sitting on a first class 3-hour flight from Poland! :dawsonlol:

The distances in Oz are enough, let alone to Asia. Your games can span something like 9 time zones? At a guess Europe is around 3 or 4 max.

I would say from what I see it's actually better overall than the MLS,
272.gif

You must laugh when you see our pundits trying to suggest that our players must be suffering 2 days after sitting on a first class 3-hour flight from Poland! :dawsonlol:

The distances in Oz are enough, let alone to Asia. Your games can span something like 9 time zones? At a guess Europe is around 3 or 4 max.
Europa League Thursday in Ukraine then premier league on Sunday?
Nothing physical about it, it's all mental in terms of fatigue

Last edited:
1-1 at halftime,
Not a bad half, dominated the game early but couldn't put away some chances and then Germany scored.
Great header from Troisi to level it up.
Ozil the bug eyed fuck has been quiet

Fucking Podolski the cunt...

Not a bad effort in the end, both teams definetly not at full strength.
Would've love to seen how Sainsbury and Spiranovic ( who has played in Bundesliga) in the middle of defence would've held up as they're our 2 top centre halves.
Tim Cahill probably would've got a goal in the air, no Massimo Luongo was disappointing I was hoping to see him play against the best.

Does anybody of you support Sydney FC? How is Marc Janko doing in Australia?
I do not support Easy Sydney FC hahaha

Janko is the top goalscorer this season, has copped some criticism but that comes when your the highest paid player in the league. He's scoring goals, that's the main thing from Austria's point of view, he's fit and has been mostly injury free.
has scored some great goals though

have to say liking the saturday morning games from the A league, way better level than i was expecting and seen a few top games already.
and perth glory another team that comes out to glory glory :carrollwtf:

Back
Top Bottom