Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some big headed cunt in a gilet....and the Villa mascot.
B-ZdfFIIQAAIupQ.jpg

Interesting how so many people in that picture are leaning over/watching him to see how he reacts. I get the feeling the bench isn't completely convinced by him.

Look, you know I'm done here, due to the squealers, like yourself, but just think about what you are mate - just think about what you've become. "Watch your mouth boy"? Oh really? Just another right wing tfc'er. Total cunt.
You'll be alright Tom, I think they will just sin bin your IP anyway, see you in a week or so

Look, you know I'm done here, due to the squealers, like yourself, but just think about what you are mate - just think about what you've become. "Watch your mouth boy"? Oh really? Just another right wing tfc'er. Total cunt.

I will tell you what I think.

I think you are another kid who gets a kick from typing the word cunt. Someone who thinks that bullying someone online is a kind of due for what happens to you in real life.

I think you are a young person who isn't an idiot but frustrated at how you perceive life is opening out to you.

Its a shame. I genuinely think there is a sensible person inside you.

Grow up, but not on my dime. I am bored with idiots. You won't get change from me.

I couldn't care less if you come back or not. And that's what you need to think on.

It's 'chile'. You reveal your social awkwardness with every keyboard tap. I'm so glad that I don't know people like you.

S'funny. I thought people wouldn't get 'chile' I thought they would think of the country.

Look kid. You have a reasonable sentience. Why waste it arguing with fellow Spurs mate?

I think you are a sparkle. Don't ruin it by being an enormous erection.

I think Jc has stuff to offer too. The pair of you need to fix up.

I can't stand him. One of the worst mistakes we ever made, to allow this clown to manage us.

You clearly didn't sit through the AVB era.

His fault was be too self-serving in the way he speaks.

However, what he says is usually right even if it's said in the wrong wau.

The football he got us to play in his short tenure however was like night and day when compared to that under AVB, and I thank him for that. He put the 'soul' back into Spurs during that time.

I think he has a fair point about leaving a 'legacy' at Spurs, he did work intensely with the youth team, and he did promote the youth into a first team when previous mangers very rarely do that. Very few managers in the league make use of their respective youth set ups and he had the balls to do it.

That said, he could do with a PR person, he ain't doing himself any favors and it is cringe.

The old adage about actions speaking louder than words, unfortunately, does not ring true with Sherwood.

Last edited:
I think he has a fair point about leaving a 'legacy' at Spurs, he did work intensely with the youth team, and he did promote the youth into a first team when previous mangers very rarely do that. Very few managers in the league make use of their respective youth set ups and he had the balls to do it.
I've heard it suggested that McDermott, Inglethorpe and Ramsey were the ones responsible for the academy growth and coaching and it was actually Sherwood's job to sort out loan deals for the kids, with his actual coaching input only being back in 2008 when he joined us. Take it with a pinch of slat, but if that's the case I wouldn't necessarily say that amounts to "working intensively", and might explain why his job title wasn't one linked to the academy.

At the end of the day, even if he was "working intensively" it was still a massive step up.

Also, the whole talk of a legacy at Spurs irks me. He's got a lot to say about when he's done for us, but where is the man's humility and gratitude? Frankly whatever he did or didn't do behind the scenes is still small potatoes compared to what he's got out of us. He owes his current job to the club, particularly to Levy.

At the end of the day he got the job as an experience and badge free caretaker coach Levy allowed him to talk about being a full time manager and pretty much mouth off without any comeback. He then mouthed off the club, the players and finally the chairman himself in front of the press. Then there's the "wouldn't have accepted it if it was part time" bullshit. At no time while he was with us or since leaving has he talked about how grateful he is for the club giving him his break. Not even once. Instead it's all about how wonderfully talented he is and how he was doing us a favour. That's the difference between an honourable and humble man and a grade A cunt...and we don't need the latter at the club, so I'm glad he's gone.

I hope he does really well at villa, i just love his cuntiness and how he rubs everyone the wrong way. Its like that idiot who thinks their awesome but actually does well and no one knows why. i want him to be that guy.

I've heard it suggested that McDermott, Inglethorpe and Ramsey were the ones responsible for the academy growth and coaching and it was actually Sherwood's job to sort out loan deals for the kids, with his actual coaching input only being back in 2008 when he joined us. Take it with a pinch of slat, but if that's the case I wouldn't necessarily say that amounts to "working intensively", and might explain why his job title wasn't one linked to the academy.

At the end of the day, even if he was "working intensively" it was still a massive step up.

Also, the whole talk of a legacy at Spurs irks me. He's got a lot to say about when he's done for us, but where is the man's humility and gratitude? Frankly whatever he did or didn't do behind the scenes is still small potatoes compared to what he's got out of us. He owes his current job to the club, particularly to Levy.

At the end of the day he got the job as an experience and badge free caretaker coach Levy allowed him to talk about being a full time manager and pretty much mouth off without any comeback. He then mouthed off the club, the players and finally the chairman himself in front of the press. Then there's the "wouldn't have accepted it if it was part time" bullshit. At no time while he was with us or since leaving has he talked about how grateful he is for the club giving him his break. Not even once. Instead it's all about how wonderfully talented he is and how he was doing us a favour. That's the difference between an honourable and humble man and a grade A cunt...and we don't need the latter at the club, so I'm glad he's gone.

To condense my points as best I can, the way he conducts himself is wrong but his actions while manager shouldn't be ignored entirely because of that.

Hypothetically speaking, if he had done no work with the academy what so ever he still gave players a chance when others didn't. I don't think we would be seeing the Bentaleb and Kane that we are today if he had not been put in charge after AVB.

With Bentaleb in particular people were calling him his love child and the such and I'm sure if memory serves that he stopped Kane going out on loan and gave them a real chance to break into the first team.

I don't think we would have the players at the stage of development we have today if it wasn't for him, after all very few top flight managers will introduce players from the youth setup because of the risks involved in the results driven atmosphere of modern football and to give him credit he gave them that chance.

It's for those reasons as well as the attacking football he brought back after AVB that I think we should respect.

But totally agreed, he conducted himself in the wrong way and I understand why the majority feel the way way they do about him, however I think it's too easy and unfair to dismiss what he did achieve in a short period of time and his role in giving academy players a chance.

Just a shame he has this personality trait that is 'me, me, me'.

That said, if he wasn't that way inclined we might still have him as manager which, given the sterling work Poch is doing would have a major error.

Back
Top Bottom