TOTTENHAM v thieving scouse bin dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Difference between this and the Derby is that Liverpool might actually try attacking us. And I'm still not entirely convinced by our defence. I hope poch has a plan to stop stirling

Liverpool to score first and dominate the first half
First half score : 1 - 1
Liverpool dominate the second half but concede a late goal (Eriksen)
Full time score: 1 - 2 spurs

Last edited:
Mason and Bentaleb are going to have Gerrard gasping for breath between them.

I really hope we start with Dembele ahead of them again. Just feel he gives that extra stability to the cm area, as well as the attack.

I feel we are weakened when we revert to 3 out and out AMs, and invite pressure.
I think we have the believe, talent and fitness to go there and win this game. We are better than Liverpool at the end of the day, although they can cause us problems, without doubt.

Vertonghen and Fazio for me, with Walker keeping and eye on Sterling for pace.

Sturridge is still off the pace, and I reckon we will cope. My main concern is the whinging mentality that will always infect the refs up there...

Liverpool are better than Woolwich, they can threaten us with their pace, they have a decent manager and a fanbase that aren't all calling for him to be sacked. But as we showed against Woolwich, we can restrict how their playing options. We're going to press them and they won't have an answer for it. But they have some quality and will go on the break at points and be dangeous. Lloris will of course be very hard to beat, as he always is. In all comps we're ahead of them in the form table, all our players are fit, full of confidence and belief. They won't be able to stop Kane from putting the ball in the net. Who can?

I'm going to put myself out there with a crazy scoreline prediction:
1-2.

Last edited:
Let's imagine it from Victimpool's standpoint. Ask them which team they'd hate to play most..... Would have to be, on current form, us. What's worse (for them) is that we're better away from home and our pressing fit-as-fuck style is horrible for home teams. We won't them get any sort of rhythm. That Ibe bloke could be anything but let's see what he's like once Mason and Nabil have put a few reducers in. We can't give Sterling space and my one fear is that he gets in behind Rose or Walker on one of their rampages up the wing. I suspect Brenda has been lining up Sturridge to be fit for this match. His and Sterling's pace is a worry - but Dier is deceptively pacy and Verts is coming back to world class form. The form that had Barca sniffing after him.

Put it this way, I'm glad we're playing the bindippers. Our current form would be wasted on a Hull / QPR.

The ugliest margarine face in history. Sad thing is, he thinks a fucking George Clooney. You can just tell. He
dumped his very large wife and has now
shacked up with a 28 year old piece. Fucking loves himself ever since he rocked up at Victimpool. Can. Not. Stand. Him.

He is the father of a dirty little rapist. This young little sloshpot brendan is tapping, cheated on her boyfriend with Brenda. He came to her house with a baseball bat banging at the door. Brendan was cowering upstairs apparently. Too afraid to come down and face the guy. It would of been hillarious if he twatted Brenda with it. Straight round the fucking cannister. I would of personally driven up to liverpool, found him and bought him a drink. In fact a bunch of drinks.

This game looks good for us on a few different levels.

They've played 4 games in 11 days, us being the last game. They're picking up quite a few injuries (Lucas just went off, Borini is injured, Sturridge still isn't fully fit, Gerrard can't play 3 games in a week) while we have no injuries and great fitness levels. Even the 5 hours extra rest we have is another small advantage. Physically it shouldn't be a contest, they looked tired tonight. I can see them starting very quickly and wanting to put the game to bed early; if we're drawing after 60 mins I can't see them winning.

Their form is good, as is ours, but they've not been overly-impressive, scoring 5 goals in 6 games. They struggled to beat Bolton and the draw with Everton wasn't exactly terrifying. The only real worry is that we've only won at Anfield 6 times out of 72 games, so a draw wouldn't be that surprising or that bad.

On a side note, Sakho gives the ball away constantly. If we press him I can see us scoring a goal off of him. Just hope beating Woolwich hasn't gone to their heads and they focus; derbys are easy to get worked up for, we need the same attitude for this. Win this and top 4 beckons.
I hope so, there is a long way to go. Going above and slapping woolwich has created an expectation that we could get 4th spot before,-hope we have learned from that experiance and this time not slip up?:thumbup:

The only positive thing about this tragic victim club, is this guy and his epic fat face:avblol:
vWMGi.gif

The only positive thing about this tragic victim club, is this guy and his epic fat face:avblol:
vWMGi.gif
The GIF that keeps on giving. From the fat guy in the oversized Schwarzenegger mask, Alan Carrs delayed reaction in the front, or the baldie who just seems to disappear. A classic.

The GIF that keeps on giving. From the fat guy in the oversized Schwarzenegger mask, Alan Carrs delayed reaction in the front, or the baldie who just seems to disappear. A classic.
There's two people who vanish briefly - the guy with the red hat also vanishes behind someone. It's some weird shit, cos he swaps heads with the baldy. That's some serious David Blaine stuff going on there.

Victimpool struggled in nearly all their matches up to Nov/Dec, they had one convincing win...against us. Now we owe them with everybody finding their feet under Poch. It will be tough to work as hard as Saturday again just a couple of days later but, it can be done as there is then a mini-rest for the players so, I wouldn't change much unless there's a knock or somebody is particularly tired.

We can play well enough to beat anybody now but, can we keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom