January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't know what his "price tag" was, or if he was even available for us.

If he only wanted to move to a club with guaranteed Champion's League football then he wasn't available for us, at any price.
According to your immaculate logic - no player would ever leave any club since we 'wouldn't know'

Is it ok to even discuss transfers in here?

:paulinhofacepalm:

We have had two transfer windows, this one and the one last summer, we were sniffing around Bony back then and Swansea wants 20 mil according to several media reports, a very fair price IMO but we wouldn't meet the demand.
"Media reports". No facts, only bullshit. Sorry mate, those aren't proof of anything.

:paulinhofacepalm:

We have had two transfer windows, this one and the one last summer, we were sniffing around Bony back then and Swansea wants 20 mil according to several media reports, a very fair price IMO but we wouldn't meet the demand. Here is one scource but there are many others that Swansea put that price tag on him, of course I didn't expect to him this window with the likes of Chavs and City moving in,

http://africanfootball.com/news/440607/Spurs-looking-at-20-million-Bony
Don't waste your time with this ENIC PR-account / Levy troll

He's still hurting from last night's ending

:townhmm:

According to your immaculate logic - no player would ever leave any club since we 'wouldn't know'

Is it ok to even discuss transfers in here?
It's fine to discuss them, it's not fine to treat everything the press says as fact, when the majority is fiction. There is no logic in relying on media reports, even less to just assume we never made offers prior to yesterday.

There is no logic in relying on media reports, even less to just assume we never made offers prior to yesterday.
Yes - we made offers prior but opted to wait for the last day instead, thereby increasing the asking price and not allowing the seller to find a suitable replacement

"Media reports". No facts, only bullshit. Sorry mate, those aren't proof of anything.

So every report is wrong then, why are you even in here discussing transfers then, if there are 10 scources saying something are they are all wrong, should we never discuss anything about transfers other than the ones that have been formally completed, when Swansea say they have put a 20 mil price tag on a player are they always lying?

I've read this twice now, and still can't see how this makes sense in English. Back up, and try again.
Doing business on the last day hardly ever works out well, especially for us

We should have made moves nice and early - lower prices and higher chance of clubs selling since they can still find a replacement if necessary. Plenty of options available. The fact we announced Kane's new contract on the last day says it all about the propaganda vile machine. How can you possibly defend that?

So every report is wrong then, why are you even in here discussing transfers then, if there are 10 scources saying something are they are all wrong, should we never discuss anything about transfers other than the ones that have been formally completed, when Swansea say they have put a 20 mil price tag on a player are they always lying?
Swansea never said they did.

I think that too many people take transfer gossip as factually-based reporting when everyone and their mother has admitted it isn't, and are trying to judge real world actions by the club based on fictitious stories.

It makes no sense. It makes even less sense to assume a player who only wanted to move to a Champion's League club would then be willingly sold for a lower price to a non-Champion's League club who Swansea may have seen themselves as competing against.

Bony didn't want to come to the likes of us.

We should have made moves nice and early - lower prices and higher chance of clubs selling since they can still find a replacement if necessary. Plenty of options available. The fact we announced Kane's new contract on the last day says it all about the propaganda vile machine. How can you possibly defend that?
I didn't defend it.

I am criticizing your assumption we only tried to make offers yesterday. You've got no evidence, just an earnest belief. My daughter has an earnest belief in Santa Claus, but she's only 5. I would've assumed you were more mature than that.

How can you possibly claim that seeing that last summer he was nowhere near the hot property he became earlier in the season? Same level as Benteke, if not slightly less

You keep making factual statements yourself based on NOTHING more than your own personal assumption then claim all transfer stories are bullshit. Fucking LOL.

Look at that bbc link I sent earlier, that covers the whole window, there is not a lot of good business being done, no one wants to sell their in form players at mid season. If your point is we should have bought the players at the start of the season, I see your point.

BUT

At the start of the season we thought Ade was looking ok, Soldado pretty much what we think now and Kane being a player who would never make it. Hindsight is wonderful thing...

As for Kane signing an extension, whether you want to call it propaganda or just good news, does seem an odd thing to turn against the club, we signed him on a long contract and he's scoring goals for fun. Whether it was to bury bad news of not signing anyone or just showing the people in charge aren't fuckwits, I am happy either way.

I didn't defend it.

I am criticizing your assumption we only tried to make offers yesterday. You've got no evidence, just an earnest belief. My daughter has an earnest belief in Santa Claus, but she's only 5. I would've assumed you were more mature than that.
Stop your patronising bullshit, you deluded cunt - as with most deals (Lennon for example was picked up hours before it was confirmed) it would have been picked up ages ago - not to mention agents pushing up prices via their media pals. We did fuck all instead other than use Kane's new contract as a PR-reach around to appease the fans on Deadline Day

Last edited:
Imagine being forced to rely on the players who got us to the League Cup final, the knockout stages of the Europa League and only 3 points off 3rd spot...I think I'll go on twitter and post a Slavery picture...

Imagine being forced to rely on the players who got us to the League Cup final, the knockout stages of the Europa League and only 3 points off 3rd spot...I think I'll go on twitter and post a Slavery picture...
We have 0 depth going forward and have relied on 2 players only scoring. We also had the easiest COC draw tbf. We have the shittest goal difference and weakest attacking depth of all Top 7 teams - if that doesn't concern you - well perhaps you're not expecting much

Swansea never said they did.

I think that too many people take yransfer gossip as factually-based reporting when everyone and their mother has admitted it isn't, and are trying to judge real world actions by the club based on fictitious stories.

It makes no sense. It makes even less sense to assume a player who only wanted to move to a Champion's League club would then be willingly sold for a lower price to a non-Champion's League club who Swansea may have seen themselves as competing against.

In the vast majority of cases you are never going to get clubs going public about the costs of players but most do tend to name their price in an effort to either ward of detractors or get a decent deal. There are scources that Swansea put 20 mil on Bony, Burnley put 10 mil on Ings, West Brom have many scources such as below that Berahino would be sold at 20 mil a scouce which includes the West Brom manager admitting he was unsure if Berahino would be sold, are you seriously suggesting that every scource is a lie even if they comes from within the club and all agree on the same figure.

On your terms every club would have to name the price of every player and provide all recorded transcripts before we could even debate possible transfers, that's never going to happen but I find it very unlikely that such a large number of scources relating to a good few players would all be wrong. If we really wanted a forward either during the summer or now we could have got one if we were willing to spend and now we have to live with the possible consquences of something happening to Kane which is IMO a mistake.

As for Bony please read my previous post, this window with City chasing off course I did not expect him to come but we had every chance in the summer of making a go long before the rich clubs got involved and we didn't.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-drop-saido-berahino-5025768

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...y-bad-name-following-defeat-of-Hull-City.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom