Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd say 5 of those (Fazio, Vertonghen, Bentaleb, Kane and Eriksen) are in our league side right now, but still looks strong. I agree Naughton isn't the best but think I'd probably prefer him to Chiriches at RB. Not sure I'd have picked Kane either. Part of the reason we looked so poor against Palace was that players like Kane looked so tired. Don't want that to happen again.

Hey we're playing a really fucking strong team. Maybe the meltdown based on an absurdly leading headline (note: Pochettino never said he was playing a weakened side) was really stupid.

Happy with the team. Glad that Vertonghen and Fazio keep their partnership going. They need as much games together as possible to learn each others games. They have shown signs in some games that they can perform well together, game time will only improve this.

Stambouli starts as we all expected, hoping for a solid performance for him. Happy he is partnering Bentaleb as well, I think they would compliment eachother well, could mean Bentaleb will be more advanced, where he played against Newcastle last year and pulled of his best performance for the club.

Decent front four, I like Eriksen off of Kane, I think it could work. I personally prefer Kane coming from deep but hopefully him and Eriksen can link up well and we could potentially see a future Prem partnership. I hope its Chadli on the right and Townsend on the left, but I won't hold out much hope.

Overall, excited for the match. Hope the fans are in good spirits and we can pull of a good performance capable of showing that we deserve to be in the semi finals. COYS!

Back
Top Bottom