Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion (Sun 21st Sep)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its hard to give fans grieve for not singing when your made to watch the pish that was dished out yesterday. I don't mind getting beat but the manner in the way we got beat yesterday was embarrassing. I thought that's why Poch was brought in... To entertain us. Its early days but the signs aren't great. He looked totally bemused standing on the touchline. I think our club is cursed. Mourinho couldn't help us even wit oil money.

Agree 100% Mate.
Can't see where we are going to improve.Like you, i am not a knee jerker, my first season over the lane we went down.But yesterday was dross.I mentioned the usual euro hang over, but as the fella next to me said "half the team didn't play in Europe"
It wasn't even comically bad, just effing awful.
Yesterday should have a been a 3 pointer...

As the poster 1882 mentioned, i am one of those that thinks of the 1977-1978 season as one of my favourites (helped by the fact that we went up at the first attempt of course!).

Away days on ropey old coaches (football specials were brilliant though) in the frozen north (& Cardiff), trying to keep from getting killed by hoardes of psychotic home fans was more fun than yesterday.

As the poster 1882 mentioned, i am one of those that thinks of the 1977-1978 season as one of my favourites (helped by the fact that we went up at the first attempt of course!).

Away days on ropey old coaches (football specials were brilliant though) in the frozen north (& Cardiff), trying to keep from getting killed by hoardes of psychotic home fans was more fun than yesterday.
Rolled up flared jeans and Dr Marten boots :)
I was too young to appreciate the away days then,but my brother and his mates still rate that as their favourite season as well.
Smashing Bristol Rovers 9-0 is one of my most memorable games as a Spurs fan.

Rolled up flared jeans and Dr Marten boots :)
I was too young to appreciate the away days then,but my brother and his mates still rate that as their favourite season as well.
Smashing Bristol Rovers 9-0 is one of my most memorable games as a Spurs fan.

I have never been able to find the (Mirror?) article but i remember they did a piece on away support (for the 1978-1979 season i think but it could have been 1977-1978) & Spurs were top with an average of 10k! Obviously London derbies helped but still mighty impressive. Every now & again, i go Googling mad to try & prove i didn't make it up!

What really fucked me off was that we are meant to have a high energy, pressing style, yet West Brom (bottom of the league) implemented this much better on us.

I mean fuck me tottenham players... show some energy and desire...

Whaaaat's that??? If you play a possession game high up the pitch then it makes it easier for opponents to defend due to space compression, and makes being hit on the break more likely???

If only I could go back in time to 2012 and pass this message to AVB then maybe it would all have turned out different...

It's been irritating me the last few games now. We seem to have lost the ultra high pressing/high energy game that was working well for us in preseason and in the first few games. Since losing to Liverpool, we seem to have gone back into our shell, reverting back to the AVB style of keep possesion but do nothing with it. Hopefully Poch can sort it out soon.

It's been irritating me the last few games now. We seem to have lost the ultra high pressing/high energy game that was working well for us in preseason and in the first few games. Since losing to Liverpool, we seem to have gone back into our shell, reverting back to the AVB style of keep possesion but do nothing with it. Hopefully Poch can sort it out soon.

One of the ten commandments was, and I quote:

"Possession wins games"

Written by God himself that was.

This sounds a bit weird but I wouldn't object to dropping a couple of divisions, losing the glory hunters and hipsters and starting again.
Glory hunters and Tottenham? Thinking that 2008 carling cup trophy didn't sway too many on-the-fence supporters looking to glory hunt a prem club :levylol:

Spot on mate. The funny thing is that the managers hailed as geniuses have always known this.
As you may be able to tell, G Roberts is my favourite player ever.
Played with his heart and head. 1981 FA cup lost teeth. Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant.
No player comes close today. This is the calibre of player we need today. English, young and wanting to succeed as a pro player not just earn a living.

220px-Blod%2C_svette_–_og_1_tann_mindre”_%28Blood%2C_sweat_–_and_one_tooth_short%29.jpg

Played with his heart and head. 1981 FA cup lost teeth. Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant.
No player comes close today. This is the calibre of player we need today. English, young and wanting to succeed as a pro player not just earn a living.

220px-Blod%2C_svette_–_og_1_tann_mindre”_%28Blood%2C_sweat_–_and_one_tooth_short%29.jpg

We had Hossam Ghally who played on despite getting his teeth kicked out and he was vilified by morons.

The stand out things for me were
  1. The Kaboul and Chiriches comedy show. Exemplified by Beharino's offside goal, two central defenders with the understanding and cohesion of a deaf, dumb and blind boxing match
  2. The total and utter lack of passion to attack - a la the start of the Sunderland game. It seemed that as soon as they got past the second mown stripe on the pitch after the halfway line, everyone ran in molasses and their brains fell out.
  3. Why did Dembele go off - he was the only one trying and showing some initiative - until
  4. Eriksen woke up in the second half.
  5. Eriksen could stick the ball through a cats twat when he takes a free kick, but can't put it head high into the 6 yard box from a corner - why?
  6. Lamela looks like a brilliant 5 a side player, but seems not to want to use all of a grown up football pitch, why does he try to do all this intricate shit in a 12 meter radius of where he receives the ball?
  7. Was Ade hypnotised by the same guy that persuaded Vlad to impersonate a puppet with the strings tangled?
  8. Why did MP not sub Ade and Vlad off at half time?
  9. Why did we keep giving them corners until they scored from one?
  10. Lennon plays better on the right wing and showed that he can still get to the byline and cross - what a fucking awesome idea! Pity all we had was Ade the space cadet to aim at. (How did he miss that header?)
With the penalty and a bit more luck they could have done us by 4 goals

Roberts was great. Were you at the home UEFA Cup match against Barcelona that turned into a bloodbath? The most brutal match I've ever seen and he was in his element.

Just seen on twitter some guy who is a "financial planner" and one of his clients is a spurs player..he was told by this unnamed spurs player that once things get tough on the pitch, the three captains all go into a shell which is just brilliant. Also dembele was tired as his mrs just had a baby, Poch doesn't fancy verts but he'll be allowed to buy who he wants in the next transfer window..interesting

Glory hunters and Tottenham? Thinking that 2008 carling cup trophy didn't sway too many on-the-fence supporters looking to glory hunt a prem club :levylol:
"Glory hunters" is probably the wrong term. I was talking about the people who started supporting us in that strange window when we became cool, with Bale ripping defences apart.

Hereinafter referred to as the "good old days"

Just seen on twitter some guy who is a "financial planner" and one of his clients is a spurs player..he was told by this unnamed spurs player that once things get tough on the pitch, the three captains all go into a shell which is just brilliant. Also dembele was tired as his mrs just had a baby, Poch doesn't fancy verts but he'll be allowed to buy who he wants in the next transfer window..interesting
Twitter isn't the most reliable source of inside info though.

Back
Top Bottom