Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion (Sun 21st Sep)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The atmosphere was absolutely shocking. At one point they were booing Lloris! I'm sure of it.

There was a point in the match when Lloris went quite far out of his box to collect a WBA clearance, and I think the fans were actually yelling "shoot" and not booing him.

He might as well have listened and taken a pop at goal. That could've made it 2 shots on target for us :llorisserious:

can anyone remember when was the last time we used to cover at least one post on corners? Just one thing which makes me sick about spurs these days but one that could be fixed so easy

The atmosphere was absolutely shocking. At one point they were booing Lloris! I'm sure of it.

I wouldn't say never play him again but I agree. He tried to be clever playing it from the back far too many times resulting in loads of cheap corners, inviting loads of pressure on us and made the fans lose patience very early on, which killed the atmosphere and ultimately any chance of a win. Just fucking clear it!
My patience has gone. Not up to playing for THFC then leave. Lets get a bit tough with these overseas, overpaid,overrated players.

I agree . Although strong foundations are built from the back.look at the successful sides, they always have very strong defences. Only when the back four are strong can the rest , how u suggest can happen.
Yes ,but is hard to build a impenetrable line of defense so quick ,when Spurs changed 3 managers in one year (AVB,Tim Sherwood,now Pochettino) each manager with his strategy ,4-2-3-1 of AVB ,then 4-4-2 of Sherwood ,now we return to an again 4-2-3-1 and we find after one year that we made the same wrong steps,or is just an impression of the moment ,I see that other important teams from Prem,as Man.Utd,Liverpool,Everton having all kind of problems in the beginning of the season,not just us ,just Chelsea and Man.City running well to another title…(I believe Chelsea will be the winners this season what they play ,inestetic sometime but efficient in results ,Mourinho style)…our team is setted more on away type of match ,we make points away (1-0 with W.Ham,2-2 with Sunderland,but with the same almost team losing home 0-3 with Pool ,or now 0-1 with WBA) ,we must play with 2 strikers forward home ,one DM ,not 2 DM.

In the words of the great M. Dawson, we need to bounce back!!

In my opinion this is going to be a really hard game. Forrest are flying, and full of confidence. We need to try and win a cup and this is our most likely chance.

We need a strong team. None of this second string nonsense and throwing away a great oppotunity.

My line up

---------------lloris------------
Dier---faz---vert---davies---
-------------capoue--------------
--------------eriksen--------------
Lennon-----chadli---------lamela---
--------------soldado------------

The biggest challenge of the Europa League is not playing twice in a week; Champions League clubs do that. It is not travelling to Europe; flying first class for around three hours is really not that taxing (I'm told).

For me, it is then having to play on a Sunday bloody lunchtime, in front of a crowd that aren't drunk/are hungover, and who turned down a roast to go and pay £50 to see a group of 11 millionaires fail to string three passes together. It is no wonder the atmosphere goes from tepid to poisonous by 2pm.

That's my off-the-pitch thoughts. On the pitch, before anything else I'd point out that Kaboul + Chiriches would be my very last choice. But I suppose you could argue that a visit from the last-placed Prem team shouldn't warrant bringing on the big guns, what with a knock-out tie mid-week then Arse away… Those two are a funny pair of extremes, while I'm on the topic: Kaboul will have numerous options open to him and blast it 50 yards north anyway, while Chiriches will have opposition bearing down on him and start pirouetting then back heel it out for a corner. Maybe MP is hoping they'll rub their better qualities off on one another.

In my opinion this is going to be a really hard game. Forrest are flying, and full of confidence. We need to try and win a cup and this is our most likely chance.

We need a strong team. None of this second string nonsense and throwing away a great oppotunity.

My line up

That's at least the back four we need to start fielding in every game.

My line up

Exactly. Championship teams are no dickheads: just look at Leicester. Forgetting leagues, based on recent form a Forest away win would be no surprise/upset, I'm afraid.

The biggest challenge of the Europa League is not playing twice in a week; Champions League clubs do that. It is not travelling to Europe; flying first class for around three hours is really not that taxing (I'm told).

For me, it is then having to play on a Sunday bloody lunchtime, in front of a crowd that aren't drunk/are hungover, and who turned down a roast to go and pay £50 to see a group of 11 millionaires fail to string three passes together. It is no wonder the atmosphere goes from tepid to poisonous by 2pm.

That's my off-the-pitch thoughts. On the pitch, before anything else I'd point out that Kaboul + Chiriches would be my very last choice. But I suppose you could argue that a visit from the last-placed Prem team shouldn't warrant bringing on the big guns, what with a knock-out tie mid-week then Arse away… Those two are a funny pair of extremes, while I'm on the topic: Kaboul will have numerous options open to him and blast it 50 yards north anyway, while Chiriches will have opposition bearing down on him and start pirouetting then back heel it out for a corner. Maybe MP is hoping they'll rub their better qualities off on one another.
Very good point about playing on Sunday, plus public transport at weekends can be shocking.

Many of our supporters probably spend longer getting to and from the Lane by train, bus and tube than the team spend getting to and from their Euro fixtures.

Back
Top Bottom