Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well Soldado was 6/28 last year.
The example I gave was (at best) 20/45

Both are less the a 1 in 2 ratio.

But whatever - we're getting away fromthe point I was making that Soldados goal masked an all round poor performance.

I think the win masked an all around bad performance from the whole starting lineup.

Well Soldado was 6/28 last year.
The example I gave was (at best) 20/45

Both are less the a 1 in 2 ratio.

But whatever - we're getting away fromthe point I was making that Soldados goal masked an all round poor performance.

As I only watched the first half on a shit shit stream I can't definitively say I thought Soldado's performance was shit, but I'm inclined to agree that he wasn't too hot.

That being said, I think he needs to start against QPR. This linkup play he's got going with Lamela has the potential to be amongst the best in the league. We're going to need to score against QPR multiple times if we expect to win. It is not going to be anything like Saturday. Remy will score, at least, once. I think that in order to beat QPR we're going to have to be very solid up front with expert linkup play and regular through balls.

I would like to go on record ans say I think Soldado is absolute toilet. His goal tonight was spectacular no doubt, but it masks an otherwise really dreadful all round performance.
You should not judge the future for Soldado from judgement of his past?

He has had a good start to the pre/season - big improvement form last year. Lets see where it goes?

I'm all for it coming good for him.

You should not judge the future for Soldado from judgement of his past?

He has had a good start to the pre/season - big improvement form last year. Lets see where it goes?

I'm all for it coming good for him.
Not to read too much into it but I like the relationship he has with Lamela: He is projected as a sort of mentor and maybe they could be supporting and motivating each other as well: I hope we keep him because I feel he could surprise us big time?

Football is a simple game played by simple people.
Amongst the simpletons are intelligent players that become the stars of their level.
Soldado is an intelligent player, we need to see if he is at his level?

I believe he is. More of this please!!

_77101042_77101041.jpg

Last edited:
Football is a simple game played by simple people.
Amongst the simpletons are intelligent players that become the stars of their level.
Soldado is an intelligent player, we need to see if he is at his level?

I believe he is. Moor of this please!!

_77101042_77101041.jpg
Agree: Had some heavy family personal issues last year, looks more settled signs are good:
Fans should get behind him, is a senior player with past established goal scoring record.

Not to read too much into it but I like the relationship he has with Lamela: He is projected as a sort of mentor and maybe they could be supporting and motivating each other as well: I hope we keep him because I feel he could surprise us big time?

You could be right. Never looked at it that way. It can only make for a stronger team.

First game, one goal and well taken it was.

The whole team were fairly shit up until the changes which eventually won the game. Lets just hope its an early confidence booster.

First game, one goal and well taken it was.

The whole team were fairly shit up until the changes which eventually won the game. Lets just hope its an early confidence booster.
If the team was 'fairly shit' as you say, how is that going to be a "confidence booster"?
Haven't you kicked a cat recently?

Home game coming up: Its important that if Soldado starts he gets full support: Crowd will know that and he is a Spurs man, its us against the rest and I hope we flog them.

They were both your quotes. You are a melty part time fan, if even that. More than a bit embarrassing sam. It's moved on now. If you snipe from abroad, no one is going to take you seriously - especially when you run away from an argument. Nice use of pictures though.

I was backing Soldado you fucking spastic.

Try reading. Its 7am in my world. Put down the drink and go to bed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom