Gylfi Sigurðsson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shame it never worked out for him, I never felt he really got a fair chance. He didn't really have the pace to be a left winger, but he can pick a pass out and had a decent shot on him. Didn't help he joined at a time when our midfield options are way too many, and I don't think anyone was sure of his best position compared to Eriksen etc.

Hope he does well at Swansea, was never kicking up a fuss about not starting for us and he deserves regular football. If the £10m fee is true then we've done well with practically a straight swap for Davies.

I don't agree with people saying he never got a chance - he played all the time, over 50 games in 2 seasons off the top of my head.

more so, never took his chances.

don't get me wrong, like him and rate him, he just frustrates me a lot with his disappearing acts at times. We need consistency as a club and less of that type of player

I don't agree with people saying he never got a chance - he played all the time, over 50 games in 2 seasons off the top of my head.

don't get me wrong, like him and rate him, he just frustrates me a lot with his disappearing acts at times. We need consistency as a club and less of that type of player
Indeed. A player that Kevin Phillips can say would be a start.

Games played doesn't tell the whole story, minutes played would be a fairer indicator.
I think he was solid but agree that he was a difficult player to integrate as neither manager figured out his best position. A lot of the time he was a right-footer on the left but didn't really play as a winger so without pace and a bit of the Krancjar flair, it wasn't a good fit for him either.

Good luck to him.
Left with a few fond memories, and sorry to say a few disappointments. Didn't quite work out like we wanted to!

He's a decent player, but we have too much competition in his 'ideal' position for him to be a regular player for us. We've done well to get as much as we have for him, which is great. Hopefully this can go towards a bid for Griezman. If we could have him, Townsend, Lamela and Lennon as our wide options that would be absolutely fantastic.

Obviously wishful thinking, but the initial signs look like we're really going for the Frenchman...

I'll always be left with that goal against Hull.

SPU1-0HUL.gif

He seemed like a mid table level number 10 type of player with a great shot, nice flick pass and so on but with a world class number 10 in Eriksen I am not sure how he would fit in. His lack of speed and power meant he doesn't suit being a midfielder or winger as he gets beaten up in the middle and is to slow out wide, just of the striker at Swansea would suit him IMO. Still hoping we get Bony from the Swans.

Back
Top Bottom