Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How is a starting 11 with ade , Kane, Lamela and eriksen like stoke you dumb cunt?

Because you want them surrounded by "beasts"
gibbs131 said:
I think we need battering rams next season because we have them.... I want Lamela and eriksen to start surrounded by beasts.

Battering rams and beasts...yet you don't think that's a bit Stoke-ish?

And the Tottenham way has kept us out of the title hunt for over half a fucking century.

You think we've been playing the Tottenham way for the last half a century? You think a team of 6ft+ meatheads will take us to glory?

Let me refer you to my original point, you truly are an idiot.

I'm not sure more crosses are the answer. Utd had more than any team last season and look where that got them. We certainly need to get behind defences more often. A lot depends where Poch sees Eriksen's best position.

Exactly, he was making great runs and his movement was fantastic at the start of last season. Just a shame every time we got the ball down the wing it was only for Andros to fucking cut in and shoot.

Soldado and all of our players have a lot to prove this year. The time for excuses is fading.

gibbs131 from reading your posts it sounds like you want a team similar to the sort mourinho had in his first time at chelsea?

rotation of tough/strong guys making up the bulk of the midfield and up top- makelele, mikel, tiago, lampard, essien, ballack, drogba

protecting the tiny dancers- robben, joe cole, deco, malouda, kalou etc

correct? (not an attack)

gibbs131 from reading your posts it sounds like you want a team similar to the sort mourinho had in his first time at chelsea?

rotation of tough/strong guys making up the bulk of the midfield and up top- makelele, mikel, tiago, lampard, essien, ballack, drogba

protecting the tiny dancers- robben, joe cole, deco, malouda, kalou etc

correct? (not an attack)

Yep. It's similar but I was talking about the same thing before the special one landed in the prem.

I've seen years of us overloading the team with flashy players who look good on the eye but essentially do nothing.

Like Carr. I was slated in message boards in the dail up days for not rating him. IMO he wasn't very good at anything apart from zipping up the wing and didn't really do anything in defence. His offense was pretty average too.

So even the 'good' players like Carr, Anderton etc had this soft as shit unreliable streak because next to them were a ginola or a Dominguez which made us even more of a soft touch.

You truly are an idiot. Your idea of football, how the game is supposed to be played both from a Spurs point of view and in general is laughable. Not only does your ideology fly in the face of what is intrinsically Tottenham but any team wanting to play creative, watchable football would dismiss your approach. I honestly believe, if you want a team of burly fuckers smashing shit and to get away from the mocking of the Gooners, you should follow either Rugby, Gridiron or Stoke.

Why can I not agree with this but once? Incredible how this is almost exactly something I would, and have said.

Yep. It's similar but I was talking about the same thing before the special one landed in the prem.

I've seen years of us overloading the team with flashy players who look good on the eye but essentially do nothing.

Like Carr. I was slated in message boards in the dail up days for not rating him. IMO he wasn't very good at anything apart from zipping up the wing and didn't really do anything in defence. His offense was pretty average too.

So even the 'good' players like Carr, Anderton etc had this soft as shit unreliable streak because next to them were a ginola or a Dominguez which made us even more of a soft touch.

You do realise that you could quite easily attribute our status in the top echelon of English football to us having players like Ginola grace the side?

If you wanted to blame anything, I'd sooner look at Les "What do you mean I'm suppose to score?" Ferdinand and the style of football the managers such as George 1-0 Gooner Graham played.

gibbs131 ...rotation of tough/strong guys making up the bulk of the midfield and up top- makelele, mikel, tiago, lampard, essien, ballack, drogba

protecting the tiny dancers- robben, joe cole, deco, malouda, kalou etc...

This is kind of off topic, but I sort of feel with one of the best goal keepers in the world we should be building a rock solid defence around him, I wouldn't mind becoming a defensive / negative team for a season, while certain players bed in and we get over some of the pastings from last season.

This is kind of off topic, but I sort of feel with one of the best goal keepers in the world we should be building a rock solid defence around him, I wouldn't mind becoming a defensive / negative team for a season, while certain players bed in and we get over some of the pastings from last season.
We been defensive and negative for the past two seasons

We been defensive and negative for the past two seasons

This. We were tied in the league for lowest number of through-balls in the league last year, the year before entirely dependent on Bale. We've hardly been the embodiment of Spursy "swashbuckling" play the last two seasons.

This. We were tied in the league for lowest number of through-balls in the league last year, the year before entirely dependent on Bale. We've hardly been the embodiment of Spursy "swashbuckling" play the last two seasons.
Cue a 3:4 loss to Hammers next month

:bae:

I will fuck a zebra if that happens
counted_cross_stitch_pattern_zebra_head_black_wh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom