Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's been mentioned before, but I wanted to echo how lovely it is to see Soldado and Lamela forming a friendship. They have been really bro-ing down lately and it's great.

Obviously, it would be terrific if their off-field relationship could translate into an understanding and flourishing on-field one, which I'm sure would bare many fruit. A very exciting prospect.

But, what I am more pleased about (at this early stage) is the gulf in age between them and the similarities they have shared over last season. Soldado mentioned in an interview that, if he were younger, that he would consider returning to Spain after his period of poor form and personal hardship. These words, I felt at the time, may have been something Lamela would have paid attention to. I honestly had bad feelings about Lamela's Tottenham future beyond May. But it is obvious now that he is very settled here and has been really relishing his training and opportunity to impress. I feel that senior figures at the club, especially Soldado have played a big part in this.

I understand neither of them had a good debut season with us, but we are well aware that they have been very successful and highly rated players previous to their time here. But think they can be very important individually and as a partnership in the coming season.

Just...you know...happy about the bro-mance.
:soldadolol::lamelawtf:

It's been mentioned before, but I wanted to echo how lovely it is to see Soldado and Lamela forming a friendship. They have been really bro-ing down lately and it's great.

Obviously, it would be terrific if their off-field relationship could translate into an understanding and flourishing on-field one, which I'm sure would bare many fruit. A very exciting prospect.

But, what I am more pleased about (at this early stage) is the gulf in age between them and the similarities they have shared over last season. Soldado mentioned in an interview that, if he were younger, that he would consider returning to Spain after his period of poor form and personal hardship. These words, I felt at the time, may have been something Lamela would have paid attention to. I honestly had bad feelings about Lamela's Tottenham future beyond May. But it is obvious now that he is very settled here and has been really relishing his training and opportunity to impress. I feel that senior figures at the club, especially Soldado have played a big part in this.

I understand neither of them had a good debut season with us, but we are well aware that they have been very successful and highly rated players previous to their time here. But think they can be very important individually and as a partnership in the coming season.

Just...you know...happy about the bro-mance.
:soldadolol::lamelawtf:

There is something about Soldado that I have always liked and this goes to show it even more. He seems like a genuine and realistic person. I honestly think if Soldado can get his on the field crap together, he will turn out to be one of the more important players to our overall team. We have veterans on this team, but as far as our attackers go, I wouldn't really expect Ade to be a role model. It's always good to have a solid veteran who can work with or be an example to youngsters. If Soldado can do this and score some goals, I will much easier be able to overlook the giant transfer fee we payed for him. Perhaps it won't all add up on the field, but if he could be that important off the field, I wouldn't want to see him go.

And obviously, the talent is there.

Cristian Ceballos. He's like Joel but less famous.

I was actually impressed by Ceballos against Seattle. Made one of the best tackles of the night and is really quick. Obviously he's fighting tooth and nail to make an impression for Poch, so it's hard to judge if he's got more to offer or not, but I could see him being a quality sub in the future.

I was actually impressed by Ceballos against Seattle. Made one of the best tackles of the night and is really quick. Obviously he's fighting tooth and nail to make an impression for Poch, so it's hard to judge if he's got more to offer or not, but I could see him being a quality sub in the future.
Yeah I agree, I've seen him play in the youth team where he expresses himself even more. He's technically suburb as you'd expect from a Barcelona youngster.

Back
Top Bottom