Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shearer scored a hat trick as a 17yr old, 2 weeks after his senior debut, becoming the youngest player to do so, breaking Greaves 30yr old record.

He finished that season with 3 goals in five games.

By time he left Southampton at the age of 22, he had scored 118 goals for them.

You're such a bell....

Try reading something properly before you based your argument around it!

Untitled.png

Tell us again about the 118 games he scored

:adethumbup:
:adelol::adelol:

You're such a bell....

Try reading something properly before you based your argument around it!

Untitled.png

Tell us again about the 118 games he scored

:adethumbup:
:adelol::adelol:

Ooooh I misread...big deal. Point still stands...

From the a 17yr old kid, to the age of 22, he scored 43 goals for Southampton.

Why dont you comment on his debut seasons at Blackburn and Newcastle, seeing as thats what you brought up?

Trying to compare a 29yr olds debut season with a kid in his first season out of the academy....Jesus, you are fucking delirious.

And Shearer STILL had a better season at 17yrs old....

As I said, keep comparing Soldado and Shearer. Its fucking hilarious, and the fact you even stand by it is embarrassing.

Ooooh I misread...big deal. Point still stands...

From the a 17yr old kid, to the age of 22, he scored 43 goals for Southampton.

Why dont you comment on his debut seasons at Blackburn and Newcastle, seeing as thats what you brought up?

And Shearer STILL had a better season at 17yrs old....

As I said, keep comparing Soldado and Shearer. Its fucking hilarious, and the fact you even stand by it is embarrassing.

Soldado scored 63 in 120 for Castilla by the time he was 22 and had also broken in to the Real Madrid first team.

As per normal, you're completely missing the point - Soldado never has good first seasons, yet still had a strike rate of one goal in every 2.05 matches (before he joined us) - that's almost a better strike rate than any player spurs have every had, beaten only by Jurgen Klinsmann.

The funniest thing is, you and Gibbs have been berating the guy for what was for him his worst season ever, but look at the players who he still outscored in terms of goals/game....

Sergei Rebrov (10 in 59)
Gus Poyet (17 in 82)
Niko Kranjcar (9 in 49)
Paulinho (5 in 30)
Peter Crouch (12 in 73)
Gylfi Sigurdsson (8 in 58)
Jermain Jenas (21 in 155)
Tim Sherwood (12 in 92)
David Ginola (13 in 102)
Darren Anderton (34 in 299)
Luka Modric (13 in 126)
Aaron Lennon (26 in 257)
Frazier Campbell (1 in 10)
Steed Malbranque (6 in 62)
Joze Dominguez (4 in 44)
Eidur Gudjohnsen (1 in 11)
Jamie Redknapp (4 in 48)
Andy Sinton (6 in 82)
David Bentley (3 in 42)
Jan Vertonghen (4 in 57)
Gary Doherty (4 in 64)
Helder Postiga (1 in 19)
Sandro (3 in 81)
Michael Carrick (2 in 64)

Paul Robinson (1 in 137):chicco:

That's just a select few - there's far more on the list..

Trying to compare a 29yr olds debut season with a kid in his first season out of the academy....Jesus, you are fucking delirious.

Normal behaviour - Sammy realises he has no conviction, therefore tries to invent an argument that never existed in the first place but was actually fabricated by himself in his own reply...

It's lack of service then. We need to see more crosses than The Pope.
I'm not sure more crosses are the answer. Utd had more than any team last season and look where that got them. We certainly need to get behind defences more often. A lot depends where Poch sees Eriksen's best position.

Haters gonna hate

If this is what happens after a little friendly - I can only dread the start of the season if he fails to bag a hat-trick vs. Hammers. Same for Paulinho and Holtby.

I'm not sure more crosses are the answer. Utd had more than any team last season and look where that got them. We certainly need to get behind defences more often. A lot depends where Poch sees Eriksen's best position.

I know this is cherry picking though I think it shows him finish from crosses, cutbacks and through-balls.

Back
Top Bottom