Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last season it was just a massive confidence issue brought on by piss poor management from top to bottom. The bloke is still a quality striker and on form FAR better than anyone else we'll likely get this summer. After a lil R and R then back in with a full pre season under Tino and his new Spanish speaking set up he'll be drop kicking humble pie down a lot of dopey cunts throats. Lamela too.
I found this rather poetic

Let me ask you guys this...i think its fair to say the spanish know more about soldado than we do....so why..

Why were the athletico fans signing a petition basically begging their club not to sign him!? They've seen an in form soldado too!!! Just get rid of him poch/levy...just anywhere, to anyone stupid enough to buy the useless guy, would make my day if Woolwich bought him.

Let me ask you guys this...i think its fair to say the spanish know more about soldado than we do....so why..

Why were the athletico fans signing a petition basically begging their club not to sign him!? They've seen an in form soldado too!!! Just get rid of him poch/levy...just anywhere, to anyone stupid enough to buy the useless guy, would make my day if Woolwich bought him.
For the same reason a petition to ensure Cleverly wasn't selected for the England squad got more signatures than any meaningful petition ever made. Only idiots sign stupid petitions, there's just a lot of them.

Because he used to play for Real Madrid.

That and nothing more.

There is no hope for you

Playing with Soldado is like playing with 10 men, he's not dynamic off the ball. Similar to Siggy. You can't have too many players who don't impact the physical side of the game. I want Eriksen and Lamela too, but if you put a ghost on the pitch next to them that can't blunt the power aspect of the game then you will get cricket scores.

Our stylish players needs rocks next to them, not a guy crabbing with his back to goal until he's subbed for lack of impact.

I would play Soldado, Ade and Eriksen, or Lamela, Soldado and Ade. But Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado along with the other weak links in the team is part of the problem we have had for decades. We can be a soft touch.

So IMO there are other players who are ahead of the line for Soldado to work.
Your first sentence sums soldado up, almost. If we arent dominating then soldado is a non-entity. We dont need our striker ot be useless when we are having a tough time. Adebayor as an outlet helps in difficult games rather than a midgety slow striker waiting for 'service'

I know. I'll buy a 28/29 year old heep of shit from spain for 26 million, then 6 months later i'll get rid of tottenhams 5th highest scorer (defoe) for penuts because i'll have to because im picking the heep over the natural finsher and hes beginning to get pissed off about sitting on the bench. Fcukin everythings wrong at this club :(

I hope Soldado will be here next season. Ade not so much, I just don't feel I can count on him and maybe I don't know enough about the game, but I feel he doesn't contribute enough especially for his wages.

This season shows what happens when you have so many new players and lose one world class player.

Gareth was carrying us. Loosing him and we were already left with a dysfunctional team, add in the new players and can hardly blame Soldado in my book.
I think I appreciate Gareth more now that he's gone. He really did paper over the cracks.
Lol you want Soldado to stay because you cant count on Ade.
Ade's abilty to avoid the ball while part of the wall during the Spammers game should be proof enough of his (lack) of committment.
Id rather have an 'uncomitted' adebayor scoring 1 in 2 games instead of a soldado committed to missing tapins

Yes, he has the technical ability to be a great striker in another league. However, he has absolutely NOTHING else in his locker. .
100% true. He cant win aerial battles, he cant outpace defenders, he cant outdribble defenders, he cant take shots from outside the box. He cant holdup play well enough. This guy will never succeed at spurs because we wont be creating tons open play tapins (which hes missed anyway).

Back
Top Bottom