Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having Lamela back will be like having a new signing.

That's not a good thing. I was expecting this season to be a period of adjustment for him, but due to injuries and not getting game-time when fit, he'll still need several months to get used to the Prem. I suspect that by the time he's starting to adapt to football in England, people will be on his back saying "he's been here for a year and a half and still isn't up to speed....get rid".

I really hope he's given a chance. I find it hard to believe that he could be any worse than Lennon or Townsend, short of becoming some sort of inanimate object. Even then he'd probably still be on a par with them.

Forum propaganda. The kind that it seems impossible to stop people doing.

Townsend isn't and hasn't been that bad at all. Unfortunately someone starts the idea that he has and it starts 'trending' on here.
I don't know bud, that 60-some shots with 1 league goal is pretty fucking terrible...

Forum propaganda. The kind that it seems impossible to stop people doing.

Townsend isn't and hasn't been that bad at all. Unfortunately someone starts the idea that he has and it starts 'trending' on here.

For what it's worth I'm not sure it's fair to suggest we are all so heavily influenced by what's "trending".
I couldn't really care less what the general consensus is, I'll make up my own mind on players whether others agree or not, and I personally think he's left a lot to be desired.

He's provided next to no influence in his most recent apps and his end product is non existent.
Still a young lad tho, so hopefully all will come good, seeing as he's Spurs through and through I want him to do well more so than some others.

LONDON -- Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood has confirmed that club record signing Erik Lamela is unlikely to play for the club again this season.

Erik Lamela has started just three league games since his 30-million-pound move.

Confirmation that the midfielder, who cost Tottenham 30 million pounds to sign from Roma last summer, will be sidelined the rest of the season, ends a hugely disappointing opening season for the high-profile arrival. The 22-year-old Argentinian started just three Premier League games since joining Spurs.

"He probably not going to play again this season," Sherwood told reporters at Tottenham's Enfield training base. "He has been out for a very long time, so he is going to need a pre-season before he can play again.

"He has been unfortunate with injuries. It's a shame. He has picked up the knocks, and taking in the settling-in period, it is very difficult to do that if you can't go out there and perform. He has had a serious back injury.

"Recently he has taken a backseat, out of the spotlight. It has not been a case of him not being selected or not playing well because he has not been available. He is out of the picture because of his injury.

"Hopefully he is using this time to learn English and that will stand him in good stead when he comes back."

Sherwood went on to confirm that Lamela has spent time at former club Roma with their medical team in a bid to overcome his back problems, which refuse to go away.

"He's had some treatment from the Roma physios and our guys and he's been pretty much everywhere to solve the problem," continued Sherwood, who then hinted the medical attention Lamela has received in Italy has been less success than that provided by the Spurs doctors for Vlad Chiriches, who has overcome a similar back complaint.

"It is a similar injury to Vlad Chiriches, but our physios have been working on him and they have done a good job, we are delighted to have him back," he stated.

Really hope he gets a good long run in the team next season. Some of the glimpses we got in his few minutes on the pitch this season were magic. Would love to see him up and running at full speed

That left wing would be more open than Kim Kardashians pussy..
Certainly no more so than it is now, but i disagree. Frees up Sandro to roam in front of the back 4 a bit more, But ideally Chadli and Eriksen would interchange because Eriksen is shocking defensively, whereas Chadli being older and wiser (and built like a brick shithouse) provides better cover for Danny Rose (who really isn't as bad as some people make out, he's just ridiculously exposed at the minute, with only Eriksen covering him, who is, as mentioned, shit at defending.) Eriksen and Lamela need to be used in a least defensive way possible, for me. I don't want them chasing back, risking injury and tiring themselves out, Leave that for the Chadlis Dembeles and Sandros.

I've got my reasons, but I'll stick them in the Andros thread to keep this one unlittered

Seeing you two circle your wagons around your now obviously lost argument about Townsend, Rose etc is pretty funny. Let it go. Wingplay lost us points and embarrassed us again.

provides better cover for Danny Rose (who really isn't as bad as some people make out, he's just ridiculously exposed at the minute, with only Eriksen covering him, who is, as mentioned, shit at defending.)

Danny Rose was terrible. At everything. Even when they got him out and played him further forward. Townsend has been dropped. Because he was terrible too and lets face it, his little cameo almost cost us 2 goals as he did his blind alley routine. Softest Spurs. You two must be addicted to punishment.

I'm gutted about the news for Lamela. If only he had taken Townsends 56 shots and dozens of crosses this season. AVB = mug for letting Lamela rot.

Back
Top Bottom