The Blame Game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who shoulders the blame?

• Total voters
i voted fans just to troll things up a bit :troll:but in all seriousness, it's obvious to me it's Bale's fault
nah, i'm trolling again

The players can not help it if AVB and Sherwood are CONSTANTLY playing people out of position, putting out powder puff wings, no spine etc. Imagine being a CB at this club: you look to your left..There is Rose, Naughton or Fryers. You look to your right. There is Sandro. You look in front of you: There is Holtby. Talk about sleepless nights. The players are not at fault, they are victims of cause and effect via horrible lopsided skillsets in positions they should not be filling.

Sorry, but couldn't disagree more. Players have to take some degree of personal responsibility for this shitstorm. Can't blame manager for some of the horrendous individual errors they've made lately, plus, some of their attitudes fucking stink which, again, mainly comes down to your inner-self.

Sorry, but couldn't disagree more. Players have to take some degree of personal responsibility for this shitstorm. Can't blame manager for some of the horrendous individual errors they've made lately, plus, some of their attitudes fucking stink which, again, mainly comes down to your inner-self.

IMO being cut apart time and time again has literally run us ragged. I'd like to see a compilation of goals conceded this season. I bet you a large chunk of them have players like Rose, Walker, Daws, Sandro etc steaming/sliding in a desperate challenge but coming up short.

Why are they sliding in? Because they are out of position, with a ridiculous high line and wingbacks spending too much time in the ops half.

We are getting overextended and run ragged. Of course stability is going to be an issue. We are making mistakes because people are played out of position. We are making mistakes because we have no out ball. We are making mistakes because we have no coaching.

I'm not about to pretend that Kaboul has a poor touch because of that goal. I am not about to pretend that Vert is a poor ball player because of his slipups. Daws does not have the best touch, so I am not surprised by his clanger. So some do deserve criticism (like Rose standing on the ball in no mans land vs the scum) and that is the problem. A lot of mistakes have come about from hospital balls out of defence, and not being ready for being pressed. That is coaching. Also allowing players with REALLY low footballing IQ's on the pitch this season = bad management.

Rose, Lennon, Townsned, Daws, Defoe, Walker, Fryers, Sandro etc are not the sharpest when it comes to ball watching. If we had a better left back and not have a number 10 as cover in front of him, would that cross had even come in for Kaboul to step on it?

Rose is so stupid, Eriksen even POINTED to him to get back to the touchline, and what does he do? COMES INSIDE!!! Space for days. He's fucking thick! Players with that level of ball watching add to chaos. Kaboul stepping on the ball is the symptom. Not the disease.

Rose can't help it, if ignorant managers put him in a key defensive position with complicated tactics. It's like asking Lennon to be captain. Oh wait..we did that.

Screen-Shot-2013-06-26-at-8.37.11-AM.png

Last edited:
I'll concede that some of those fuck-ups are indeed down to shit positional play and lack of out balls brought about by a poor set-up and shite coaching. Others, however, are entirely down to crazy decision-making from individuals. I just don't think the players are blameless in this whole shambles and some of their individual attitudes leave a lot to be desired

Our club is a mess....110M spent.

6-0
5-1
4-0
4-0
5-0

-4 GD, and looking to finish 7th now. Lets all laugh at Man U eh? 2pts behind us and +14 GD

Who's at fault?
Levy
Harry
AVB
Sherwood
Lloris
Vertonghen
Modric
Bale
Berbatov
Lennon
Gomes
Soldado
Ade (last year)
Sandro
Pav
Stalteri (THAT game at Highbury)
Paulinho
Siggy
Dempsey
Dawson
Huddlestone
Bentley
Kaboul
Bent
BAE

All have either gone through long periods of shocking to shit form, made massive, massive mistakes on or off the pitch or just fucked us off and used us as a stepping stone.....and it all cost us over and over, and amounted to this new dawn of the late 90s all over again.

Fuck the new stadium. Champions League...? HAHAHAAAAAAA
We ARE actually having a fucking laugh..

The club is not the joke. Its the fucking constant stream of people working for it that dont give a shit about it.

I'll concede that some of those fuck-ups are indeed down to shit positional play and lack of out balls brought about by a poor set-up and shite coaching. Others, however, are entirely down to crazy decision-making from individuals. I just don't think the players are blameless in this whole shambles and some of their individual attitudes leave a lot to be desired

Take Naughtons clangers recently: Is that his fault that he looks out of his depth? Or is it the managers fault for playing him in the first place. IMO Rose, Naughton and Fryers should be nowhere near the first team in the prem. They could have helped out in the cups etc.

So I think the attitudes you mentioned are also a symptom of the managers. How can you watch Naughton gift 2 goals away, and not question why you signed for us? Or watch Walker be given a free role?

This won't make me many friends on here, but fans seem to be wanted to be lied to. They chant yiddo yiddo to Defoe because he will kiss the badge and clap to the fans and banter etc: But he just left the club because a rapper talked him into it...To go to Canada.

Dembele on many occasions has played injured, but he does not get any respect because he's not pounding his chest and giving interviews about it constantly. Why is Defoe a Yiddo? Every time he was dropped he was in the press talking about England etc hinting at leaving.

It's why I have a hard time with people calling out Vert. He's done enough on the pitch to get my respect. I don't give a shit about his body language because I know he has a winners mentality and a different way of dealing with his own mistakes. He's not like Walker who will explode with rage if it goes against him. Speaking of which Kabouls face was THUNDER for the entire game. Nobody was more frustrated than him, but he is the type of player who will beat himself up about it and try and improve. Vert is more methodical. They are individual snowflakes.

So gibbs, to be clear, are you seriously saying that you don't attribute any blame whatsoever to the players?

Because surely, even if they shouldn't be playing and are out of their depth (and you're damn right there!), some of those errors simply have to be attributed to them as individuals? And surely, despite all the incompetence and choas at the club, you've got to maintain some sense of personal pride and work ethic, no?

Last edited:
So gibbs, to be clear, are you seriously saying that you don't attribute any blame whatsoever to the players?

Because surely, even if they shouldn't be playing and are out of their depth (and you're damn right there!), some of those errors simply have to be attributed to them as individuals? And surely, despite all the incompetence and chaos at the club, you've got to maintain some sense of personal pride and work ethic, no?

I think Sherwood is using work ethic as a blunt object. We have some players who are like Ginola: They should be nowhere near the work ethic end of the spectrum. The players who do have a good work ethic and can win battles in the middle of the park are being benched etc (Capoue, Sandro, Vlad etc).

The American commentary said that Eriksen is a gift. You don't put him out on the wing and expect leg work out of him. Gift is a great way to describe him. He's not spit and sawdust. Why put Siggy next to him in the middle of the park, and expect him to put in some graft? He's not built for it. We should have MONSTERS behind Eriksen swallowing souls. Sherwood recently got mugged off from one good track back from siggy vs Southhampton..But that is not typical of his game.

We are not using our tools to their best uses. Having Rose, Naughton, Fryers is like driving in nails with a toy squeaky hammer. No matter what they do, they are going to have a fkn hard time. That is not their fault. They are set up to fail.

BTW if Kaboul, Walker, Vert where having howlers with European class left back/manager, and a team with a strong spine then I would be worried and pointing fingers at individual players.

Dear Mr. Levy,

I am an ABSOLUTE GOD at Football Manager. I have surpassed Sir Alex Ferguson on multiple occasions. I am the harbinger of death and destruction for all my teams' rivals while a champion for joy and prosperity for fans far and wide.

To quote my late great grandmother "Shit is all fucked and it ain't gonna get worse." With her wisest words in mind, I am respectfully requesting to be placed in charge of first team management for Tottenham Hotspur. What you may find I lack in actual experience, you will quickly learn I make for through sheer brilliance and a complete lack of stupidity. For example, I will not play our best player's out of position. Rather, I will play them in the position that best fits their abilities and skills. I will end the charade that is Lamela's 8 month "lower back strain" and play that hot piece of ass in an advanced attacking right midfielder role so that Eriksen can spray passes to him like my country's Aegis cruisers spray laser guided cruise missiles around the planet. Sandro will play. Capoue will play. Demebele will play. Not only do I promise that they will get to run about on the pitch, I guarantee I will provide instruction that each of my players be capable and determined to pass the ball forwards towards the opposing team's net. I am sure you are aware that passing the ball forwards increases the likelihood of scoring a goal than passes made backwards towards one CB that isn't good enough despite his best intentions, one CB that has barely played 3 consecutive games in over a year, and another CB option that is complaining he doesn't play for a team that would get knocked out of the CL in the group stages by Bayern's rampaging Germans, bald Dutch guy, and a hideous Frenchman.

Sir, my goals and ambitions for this club are too numerous for a single correspondence. At your earliest convenience please inform me if I should bring my own toiletries to the Club's facilities or whether a set will be provided.

Best Regards,

White&Blue
Internet Hero

Back
Top Bottom