Swansea Sack Michael Laudrup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's ridiculous.

He is a good manager, and I'm sure they would pick up next season. I remember in 2004, going to see Boston United play at their old ground, 'Vetch Field' (an actual shithole), going past the then being built, Liberty Stadium and that was in League 2!! I was thinking then, they were going places.

But what expectations has this Huw Jenkins got?? Crazy....

But in my opinion, they've missed Michu a lot, which certainly hasn't helped them!

This is why I somewhat admire stoke, they knew what their level was and constantly stayed there with the same manager, and didn't have unrealistic goals. Sometimes they would have a bad season sometimes good but they stuck with pulis for awhile.

West brom and swansea had good young managers although not very experienced, who overachieved in their first seasons, that doesn't mean they were gonna stay at that level. Unfortunately they would need money for that. But the owners get sucked in the media hype of their overachieving teams, that they start to believe that their better than they actually are.

I'm not even a laudrup fan but unless the owners think they gonna be relegated they should let him finish what he started (gettibg them to europe) by letting him finish the Europa and the season. What good is the next manger gonna do unless it's klopp I think its probably gonna hurt swansea more than anything.
The only good that can come out of this is that they'll probably hire a british manager who'll get them relegated, even if they don't the Star players laudrup brought in like michu, bony, hernandez, poszuelo will be on the market in the summer. I personally wouldn't mind Bony or michu.

For me reading the statement sounds like Jenkins had enough of the constant speculation and wanted more stability.

"It is a decision we have taken reluctantly," said Jenkins in a statement on the club's official website. "But it’s a decision made in the best interests of Swansea City Football Club and our supporters.

"It is the first time in nearly 10 years that the club has parted with a manager in this way, but we had to remove the constant uncertainty surrounding the club and Michael’s long-term future with us.

"I had a meeting with Michael today in a final attempt to support him and establish a way to improve the work of the backroom team to secure the results we need over the final 14 Premier League games.

"However, after thinking long and hard about the best way forward, I felt it was unlikely we would achieve a stable environment at the club to allow us to get back to basics and produce the performance levels that have served Swansea City so well over the last few years.

"Now we need to put that uncertainty behind us and move forward as a united football club on all fronts, while placing on record our gratitude to Michael for the work he has done over the last 18 months and wish him well for the future.

"I hope all our supporters can fully understand how difficult this period has been for us and I would urge everyone connected to the football club to get behind Garry Monk, the staff and players."

Agreed. Clearly some rather undesirable shite going on behind closed doors. Real shame for Swansea fans IMO. Victims of rich men's games and squabbles.

Laudrups agent is clearly a snake. When it all went down in the summer I was surprised Jenkins didn't move to stop the rot. Laudrup should have been told to ditch his agent or moved on then IMO. Nothing against Laudrup per se but really hope Levy isn't tempted by him, think of his agent with access to our expensive and desirable players. It won't be a case of hawking Ashley Williams to Woolwich, it will be Vertonghen, Lloris and Paulinho.

Laudrups agent is clearly a snake. When it all went down in the summer I was surprised Jenkins didn't move to stop the rot. Laudrup should have been told to ditch his agent or moved on then IMO. Nothing against Laudrup per se but really hope Levy isn't tempted by him, think of his agent with access to our expensive and desirable players. It won't be a case of hawking Ashley Williams to Woolwich, it will be Vertonghen, Lloris and Paulinho.
If Levy goes with Laudrup when LvG is making noises about coming then I think he'd be a fucking mong. But then Laudrup will be the cheaper options so it probably wouldn't be a surprise.

If Levy goes with Laudrup when LvG is making noises about coming then I think he'd be a fucking mong. But then Laudrup will be the cheaper options so it probably wouldn't be a surprise.

I would be surprised given the stink he made when Harry appointed Paul Stretford as his agent. But stranger things have happened.

It went well for him in his first season, in his 2nd season his grand master plan didn't quite happen for him. So he will never be appointed at Spurs in the near future anyway, to many similarities with AVB

For me reading the statement sounds like Jenkins had enough of the constant speculation and wanted more stability.

"It is a decision we have taken reluctantly," said Jenkins in a statement on the club's official website. "But it’s a decision made in the best interests of Swansea City Football Club and our supporters.

"It is the first time in nearly 10 years that the club has parted with a manager in this way, but we had to remove the constant uncertainty surrounding the club and Michael’s long-term future with us.

"I had a meeting with Michael today in a final attempt to support him and establish a way to improve the work of the backroom team to secure the results we need over the final 14 Premier League games.

"However, after thinking long and hard about the best way forward, I felt it was unlikely we would achieve a stable environment at the club to allow us to get back to basics and produce the performance levels that have served Swansea City so well over the last few years.

"Now we need to put that uncertainty behind us and move forward as a united football club on all fronts, while placing on record our gratitude to Michael for the work he has done over the last 18 months and wish him well for the future.

"I hope all our supporters can fully understand how difficult this period has been for us and I would urge everyone connected to the football club to get behind Garry Monk, the staff and players."
I wonder if Laudrup's agent was present at the final meeting, if he wasn't it is dissapointing that something could not be sorted out . Does not boad well for Laudrup makes him present as kind of inflexiable person, not the sort of manager others would be looking to hire unless he lose the baggage.

It went well for him in his first season, in his 2nd season his grand master plan didn't quite happen for him.

They are 12th, beat Utd in the FA Cup and are now in the 5th round and are also in the Knockout Stages of the Europa League.
All with the smallest team in the league.

I think the man deserves credit, very rash decision considering the games they've had to play recently - they've played better than us ( only lost 3 - 2 against City, only 1-0 against Chelsea, conceded one less against West Ham than us). By all means, they haven't been playing badly at all, they've just had a tough run of games recently.

I'm quite sure they'll regret it and Michael Laudrup has been saved from his own loyalty.

Not sure on whether he is the one

But this season, Swansea has been ravished by injuries. Tough to overlook when judging him on this season

Just imagine...

One day in the future people will look back and wonder who their greatest ever manager was.

They'll say "Dad, what happened to that Michael Laudrup guy? He won us the only major trophy we've ever had?"

and some guy will have to say "We sacked him because we were 3 positions lower than the highest ever league finish we have ever had, half way through the season in which we were the furthest in European competition we've ever been, 9 years after we were in the bottom tier of league football".

:paulinhofacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom