Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There won’t be a takeover. They aren’t even looking for investment for the club, it’s for “capital projects” like the hotel. It’s classic ENIC pulling a fast one. They dont want to put up the cash to build that so are looking for someone else to fund it thats all it is. Honestly, nobody should fall for it. We all know what they are like by now.
ENIC are here for life. Short of Levy being convicted for kidnapping a bus load of school kids they are going nowhere. And why would they?

This club is a license to print money, you don’t give that up unless somebody gives you the money you are printing and then some. And that ain’t happening anytime soon.

There won’t be a takeover. They aren’t even looking for investment for the club, it’s for “capital projects” like the hotel. It’s classic ENIC pulling a fast one. They dont want to put up the cash to build that so are looking for someone else to fund it thats all it is. Honestly, nobody should fall for it. We all know what they are like by now.
I honestly can't understand why some people still refuse to see it.
They must know. Deep down they have to.
The only explanation I can think of is that they're too proud or stubborn to admit they've been so wrong all this time.

hmmmm I know the default is to blame Levy for everything and I myself have blamed him for a lot over the years but what exactly are we blaming him for now??

he backed the manager last summer and was the only chairman to back the manager again in January. He's not responsible for team selection and Ange deciding to allow certain players to get away with anything and everything (and nothing as well).

hmmmm I know the default is to blame Levy for everything and I myself have blamed him for a lot over the years but what exactly are we blaming him for now??

he backed the manager last summer and was the only chairman to back the manager again in January. He's not responsible for team selection and Ange deciding to allow certain players to get away with anything and everything (and nothing as well).

I agree but it is just because people are tired of him, the club needs a change and the fact it just feels like there isn’t 100% drive to win on the pitch. So every time there is a defeat it is understandable that there is push back.

People are just bored with wasting season after season with nothing to show for it. Imagine if someone new buys the club and then wins something straight away. Surely the odds say it would be more likely than doing the same thing time and again with them?

This is the default whinge thread I guess, every time Spurs people find it easier to digest the loss when they project their dissatisfaction for the board, deep down though everyone knows that shouldn't be the case though.

I agree but it is just because people are tired of him, the club needs a change and the fact it just feels like there isn’t 100% drive to win on the pitch. So every time there is a defeat it is understandable that there is push back.

People are just bored with wasting season after season with nothing to show for it. Imagine if someone new buys the club and then wins something straight away. Surely the odds say it would be more likely than doing the same thing time and again with them?
I agree with everything to be honest mate and I also think a change would be good.

can't knock him on this season though as he's spent the cash and backed the manager.

Well we can't just keep blaming the multitude of managers he hires and fires can we.
So if we're blaming Ange, who's responsible for appointing him?

And did we really back him in the summer? Really?
We sold Kane for £100million remember.

23 years and 15 managers is long enough to reach the conclusion that we'll forever come up short with Levy at the helm. He's not interested in investing what it takes to win. He's only interested in using the club for financial gain.

In his own words....."winning is hard"

Conte was right.

Well we can't just keep blaming the multitude of managers he hires and fires can we.
So if we're blaming Ange, who's responsible for appointing him?

And did we really back him in the summer? Really?
We sold Kane for £100million remember.

23 years and 15 managers is long enough to reach the conclusion that we'll forever come up short with Levy at the helm. He's not interested in investing what it takes to win. He's only interested in using the club for financial gain.

In his own words....."winning is hard"

Conte was right.

Two things can be right. We know what I’ve bolded , but I would say he gave the manager enough money to spend to put a decent team together. But, he needs to do it again. We need to spend £150 million on this team again to make sure we don’t stand still. Not sure we will at all.

Two things can be right. We know what I’ve bolded , but I would say he gave the manager enough money to spend to put a decent team together. But, he needs to do it again. We need to spend £150 million on this team again to make sure we don’t stand still. Not sure we will at all.

Good balanced post.

It’s not just spending money, a CEO has far more influence than just allocating capital investment…. They set the strategy and the culture, and ours stinks of fucking shit

It’s not just spending money, a CEO has far more influence than just allocating capital investment…. They set the strategy and the culture, and ours stinks of fucking shit
Just as Conte called it. "For 20 years there is the owner. They winna nothing. Why"?

The loser mentality flows from the top down. "Winning is hard ". .:levywtf:

Decent teams finish 5th ish and have highs and lows in a season. That's exactly what we are doing.

What this fanbase needs is an excellent team to believe in the whole club and tbh premier league football in general. I haven't seen this much disinterest and disillusionment in the fanbase in a long time. In the past we knew it was Jose or Conte doing their divisive, dinosaur football tactics, now there is nowhere to go...

Just once, this club needs to have a real go at being excellent on the football pitch and recruiting truly excellent players. I can't do this sack the manager trip again.

Just as Conte called it. "For 20 years there is the owner. They winna nothing. Why"?

The loser mentality flows from the top down. "Winning is hard ". .:levywtf:
Also he said, "they are use to it" which we are , familiar with failure, he also said, "they cannot play under pressure" for big things.
As well as mentioning the lack of desire to win from the chairman, he was 100% on the money at the state of this once great club.
A few years ago, we did a tour of the old stadium, changing rooms etc.
I remember the guide was talking to us in the referees room, he mentioned that Bill Nicks ashes was scattered over the pitch as was the families wish.
When talking about the standards set by him, it made me think, of how far away we were from those days.
A few years on my position has not changed, we are run by a firm of accountants who, will always make sure the club doesn't fall foul of financial irregularities, but a club that, has seen better days and sadly won't be in a position to be the best in the land.
I wish Ange all the best but, can't help feeling that, we have seen this play before and will be saying goodbye to him by the end of next season.

Last edited:
Also he said, "they are use to it" which we are , familiar with failure, he also said, "they cannot play under pressure" for big things.
As well as mentioning the lack of desire to win chairman, he was 100% on the money at the state of this once great club.
A few years ago, we did a tour of the old stadium, changing rooms etc.
I remember the guide was talking to us in the referees room, he mentioned that Bill Nicks ashes was scattered over the pitch as was the families wish.
When talking about the standards set by him, it made me think, of how far away we were from those days.
A few years on my position has not changed, we are run by a firm of accountants who, will always make sure the club doesn't fall foul of financial irregularities, but a club that, has seen better days and sadly won't be in a position to be the best in the land.
I wish Ange all the best but, can't help feeling that, we have seen this play before and will be saying goodbye to him by the end of next season.

ok

Back
Top Bottom