Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd rather we were a shit show that wins something every few years, than a financially well run club that literally never wins anything anymore.

There. I said it.
I want to go to cup finals and see us win.
I want to see a league title in my lifetime.
If that means a leaky roof or the odd season where we finish 8th and have to buy a 36 year old Ibrahimavic type, bring it on.
I'm fed up of never being there. As it stands, we're on our way to a 20+ year run of nothing.

International break so we must be due a takeover or naming rights rumour any day now!
Even with all the PSR/FFP talk of the last few months, they'll still try to claim a middle eastern trillionaire wants to buy us.
Levy will be seen meeting with an uberfulthyrich businessman.
Then we sign yet another "world first" deal to further increase the clubs value.

:levylol:

I'd rather we were a shit show that wins something every few years, than a financially well run club that literally never wins anything anymore.

There. I said it.
I want to go to cup finals and see us win.
I want to see a league title in my lifetime.
If that means a leaky roof or the odd season where we finish 8th and have to buy a 36 year old Ibrahimavic type, bring it on.
I'm fed up of never being there. As it stands, we're on our way to a 20+ year run of nothing.
Not Everton levels shit show( that's dangerous) West ham level and actually silverware I'd be fine with.

#Thereusedtobeafootballcluboverthere.

Cue the passive aggressive laughing emojis from the usual crew, but the summer window will certainly be a marker for me as to where our ambitions lie. I said that last year too and have since seen us add some real quality to the first team and squad. Not the highest level, but we‘ve got a core of very good players onboard over the past two windows.

I’m never going to get on board with the “levy doesn’t want us to win” argument as that is just utter bollocks, but the new stadium, financial rules, non football events, etc, we are in the strongest position I can ever remember to make a difference with our player purchases. Probably stronger than all but a couple of clubs in the world.

I can no longer see any reason why we couldn’t be in the hat for the likes of Osimhen, Vlahovic, Martinez, etc. Wether they wish to join or not is open to debate, but there is no player, outside of those already at City, Liverpool or Real that we shouldn’t be able to bid for.

And no matter how good Ange is or isn’t, it’s players of this level we must now be going after. Let’s see what Levy’s plans are.

Cue the passive aggressive laughing emojis from the usual crew,

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Mashed

Cue the passive aggressive laughing emojis from the usual crew, but the summer window will certainly be a marker for me as to where our ambitions lie. I said that last year too and have since seen us add some real quality to the first team and squad. Not the highest level, but we‘ve got a core of very good players onboard over the past two windows.

I’m never going to get on board with the “levy doesn’t want us to win” argument as that is just utter bollocks, but the new stadium, financial rules, non football events, etc, we are in the strongest position I can ever remember to make a difference with our player purchases. Probably stronger than all but a couple of clubs in the world.

I can no longer see any reason why we couldn’t be in the hat for the likes of Osimhen, Vlahovic, Martinez, etc. Wether they wish to join or not is open to debate, but there is no player, outside of those already at City, Liverpool or Real that we shouldn’t be able to bid for.

And no matter how good Ange is or isn’t, it’s players of this level we must now be going after. Let’s see what Levy’s plans are
If Levy is still in charge 20 years from now, prepare for this;

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

Good shout, surprised the club hasn't announced that, they have reduced their carbon footprint this week.
Anything to deflect away from another abject performance.

2 years in a row as the most sustainable Premier League club is very important but we won't find out until May.

If they don't give a trophy for that, they should.

Bonus in the pay packets for those upstairs making it possible.

2 years in a row as the most sustainable Premier League club is very important but we won't find out until May.

If they don't give a trophy for that, they should.

Bonus in the pay packets for those upstairs making it possible.
Can't tell if this is sarcasm or serious at this point.

And no matter how good Ange is or isn’t, it’s players of this level we must now be going after. Let’s see what Levy’s plans are.
That's a fair post. The only part I'd disagree is the 'Levy doesn't want us to win" bit
I don't think anyone has suggested that. It's just that winning is pretty low down his list of priorities.
You don't replace Jose Mourinho with Ryan Mason 6 days before a cup final if actually winning the thing is your overriding objective

That's a fair post. The only part I'd disagree is the 'Levy doesn't want us to win" bit
I don't think anyone has suggested that. It's just that winning is pretty low down his list of priorities.
You don't replace Jose Mourinho with Ryan Mason 6 days before a cup final if actually winning the thing is your overriding objective
Disagree on the last part. We would have conceded 5 under that bastard - they hated him, he had zero authority. It was a hell Mary I would have done too

Back
Top Bottom