Can we still win the league?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we lost the big five to the ESL, that would increase our chances of being league champions, we have to have hope in this event.
Always said being left out would be my preference. But after building the stadium and our other commercial success, I can't imagine we will. Last glance I think we're 8/9 in total annual revenue? Unlikely we wouldn't be included, teams won't be chosen by their history - it'll just be which teams can throw in together to create the most revenue possible.

Always said being left out would be my preference. But after building the stadium and our other commercial success, I can't imagine we will. Last glance I think we're 8/9 in total annual revenue? Unlikely we wouldn't be included, teams won't be chosen by their history - it'll just be which teams can throw in together to create the most revenue possible.
I think what your saying may have some merit.
I remember when, it was announced that we were joining the ESL. I remember getting stick from fans of rival clubs, because we don't win anything so why the invite.
But I think, you are right that, we are 8th richest, so we are in because of revenue only, the others are in on both counts revenue and success.

Being pleased to finish top 4 in Ange's first season; doesn't mean one is preaching that top 4 should be routinely "celebrated" or "worshipped"; or that one should "worship" 5th place.... Nor does it mean that one can't at the same time be disappointed that we couldn't have done even more this season.

Lot of strawman bollocks being spread about here all of a sudden.
I think one is talking bollocks again. Isn't one

Who gives a flying fuck about top 4
Because 4th is the highest position we could finish this season, while it also assures a CL spot, which is required if we are to attract a higher caliber player.

Your not still going on about the title are you? Liverpool, Man City, and yes, Woolwich, are too strong for us at present, not withstanding the gap to third is 11 points, you could argue we have a game in hand but then at best its 8 points.

It will take more building to bridge the gap and a CL spot would go a fair way to providing a platform to kick on next season, ideally after a proper transfer window.

Absolutely

I’m a fucking terrible loser. I hate it, always have. However bad you think I am on here, I’m much worse in person as well
What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

As long as we beat Woolwich when they come to us on April 27th, I'll be pretty happy.

Oh for God's sake, man. :avbcringe:.......Buy the DVD will you?.... T shirt?

:levywtf:"Our new Multi Purpose sports and entertainment awena will consolidate our position as one of the wichest clubs on the planet and means we can celebwate beating our wivals once in a while"

No wonder we get fucking laughed at so much.

Last edited:
Haha wow they didn't even hold tight for one season. City can afford a season of being docked 6 points, it will be worth it
Nah I bet they'll gift City 60 points...for "raising the profile of English football internationally, bringing the CL trophy back to England and introducing domestic crowds to new, exciting ways of playing the beautiful game...all achieved via some avant-garde, creative accounting methods".

Chelsea will get 30 pts...raised to 100 after a successful appeal.

PREMIER LEAGUESa 09Dec 2023Aston Villa1 - 0WoolwichL
CHAMPIONS LEAGUETu 12Dec 2023PSV Eindhoven1 - 1WoolwichD
PREMIER LEAGUESu 17Dec 2023Woolwich2 - 0BrightonW
PREMIER LEAGUESa 23Dec 2023Liverpool1 - 1WoolwichD
PREMIER LEAGUETh 28Dec 2023Woolwich0 - 2West HamL
PREMIER LEAGUESu 31Dec 2023Fulham2 - 1WoolwichL
ENGLISH FA CUPSu 07Jan 2024Woolwich0 - 2LiverpoolL

From finishing 8th with the state our squad was in to CL football in a year represents progress.
At least you're starting to finally acknowledge the years of appalling, disgraceful neglect of the playing squad which you've spent years vehemently trying to defend.
That's refreshing to see, I suppose.

No, if we're being frank. But what we can do is finish as high up as possible while playing entertaining football, which is a far cry from Mourinho/Nuno Santo/Conte, and see progress being made with our own eyes.

When we lose games it won't ever be because we just didn't go for it under Ange, and that makes any loss a little less painful.

Back
Top Bottom