Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes why was we giving the ball away so often? Is it that some of the players are not completely match fit and/or being away playing Internationals they just were not on the same wavelength? Hopefully with a clear week followed by a free week it will only get better.
Learning how to play with each other. We grew imo

Yes why was we giving the ball away so often? Is it that some of the players are not completely match fit and/or being away playing Internationals they just were not on the same wavelength? Hopefully with a clear week followed by a free week it will only get better.
To be fair... This is the first time we've had ALL our main first teamers on the same pitch since August/early September...

Most of them are still getting their collective rhythm back!

16 shots with 6 on target for us, 6 shots with 3 on target for them, one of which was PK. 9 corners to 6 in our favour and we had more possesion. You'd think we didnt go past the halfway line with some of the reactions, the game was there to be won for either team and we took it.

If what we just did was robbery what was Everton last week?

We were average but it was hardly smash and grab territory.

Edged it in possession and also had more xG (with Brighton’s pen). I’d agree that it was a disappointing performance as Spurs are capable of better, but some of the comments are just way over the top.

In terms of that inverted wide left remit, I don’t think there’s much difference between Werner and Son - Just that Son is more likely to score than Werner
I'm pleased if that's the case. I don't recall Werner putting anything in that was as accurate as Son's just now. But happy if I'm missing some. Son's running and passing seemed to make the difference today, though. Especially in the final 10 mins.

Johnson is the butt of some peoples' ire from the moment he comes on.

He scores a fantastic, 95th minute winner, so they shift their moaning from his performance to the quality of his celebration.

Give him a break ffs, you miserable gits.

GE1OgbI.png

I know i'm swimming against the tide, but i'm genuinely not a fan of a last minute goal whichever way it goes,...

last weekend was gut wrenching 'cos we conceded so late, and today, whilst a relief, was agonising for 95minutes until we won!

I'm in my early 50's now... my poor little ticker can't take it!!!
I LOVE them..... as long as it's in our favour!!

I mean you can disagree if you like mate, but the stats back up what I saw with the eye test too...
Fair enough pal, can't argue with the stats. Perhaps my Tottenham bias (i.e too much focus on Spurs) clouded things or the patchy streams I was watching. It didn't feel like we were in control at all. I still think we have to keep the ball better.

Back
Top Bottom