Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford (H) | Wednesday 31st January @ 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kisses on the bottom!
s288Z1B.gif

We need to put an extra couple of men in the wall for free kicks too, so he has further to shift the ball when the ref's not looking.

ps I LOVED the way he took the trouble to repaint the foam line. Attention to detail. My kinda guy!

My brain is still slightly fried by the fact that you can literally pick up that foam stuff and move it.......

confused-math.gif

mvdv.png

We need to start being smart with our selections now we are starting to have the squad for it.

Smart is good, but I've always been a fan of the settled partnership approach to CB selection.

(With more European and cup action needs must tho', of course.)

I’ve only seen him play for ten mins and I can categorically say that Dragusin is clearly not a DM FFS. Mindless maniac
And Emerson clearly isn't a CB.

So, pretty much a dud point.

And our team isn't a rigid block of turgid-ball.

We have a manager and ethos that allows flexibility, fluidity and creativity, to accommodate situations where we are short on effective options for specific purposes.

Playing/starting Dragu there - FOR A GAME (at home) - is a reasonable measure to bring extra height, protection and stability in midfield (set-pieces) against an oppo that are likely to play 5 across the middle and load up for counters.

Allows Cuti/VDV to bomb past him to join attacks with even more freedom, and he can slot in between them, allowing each to help out on our flanks more, without leaving huge holes in front of Vic, which was an issue against city.

A reasonable solution whilst we still have key MFs out and others here, I just don't trust.

And you spelt 'Tactical Genius' wrong, brah.

And Emerson clearly isn't a CB.

So, pretty much a dud point.

And our team isn't a rigid block of turgid-ball.

We have a manager and ethos that allows flexibility, fluidity and creativity, to accommodate situations where we are short on effective options for specific purposes.

Playing Dragu there - FOR A GAME (at home) - is a reasonable measure to bring extra height, protection and stability in midfield (set-pieces) against an oppo that are likely to play 5 across the middle and load up for counters.

Allows Cuti/VDV to bomb past him to join attacks with even more freedom, and he can slot in between them, allowing each to help out on our flanks more, without leaving huge holes in front of Vic, which was an issue against city.

A reasonable solution whilst we still have key MFs out and others here, I just don't trust.

And you spelt 'Tactical Genius' wrong, brah.
Im not against flexible options and moving players but at least put Romero in there, lighter feet and superb on the ball

6 is the key role for being brave on the ball and pivoting to attack quickly - PEH can’t do it

Smart arse on the Spurs social media thought it would be ‘cool’ to film the players arriving at the stadium while spinning the camera.

Now my eyes have gone funny and I feel sick :harrysmile:

It's debatable but I'd guarantee a poll of who our best defender has been this season would show a majority would agree with my opinion that he has been the best when available.

FFS; where's The Dealer when you need him! :davieshmm:

Im not against flexible options and moving players but at least put Romero in there, lighter feet and superb on the ball
No, let Dragu sit and leave VDV or Romero to fly past him.

He's competent enough to feed out from there and let others work around him.

Allows Bentancur to drive forward more, as well and get deep in our attacks.

Which we need him to do, as he has goals in him.

No, let Dragu sit and leave VDV or Romero to fly past him.

He's competent enough to feed out from there and let others work around him.

Allows Bentancur to drive forward more, as well and get deep in our attacks.

Which we need him to do, as he has goals in him.
Agree but our tactics see the 6 receive passes into feet when marked and turn on the ball and spin us into attack

This ain’t going to be easy they are literally shit annoying cunts who always cause you problems .

They have 1 win in their last 8 away games in the league.

With only Fulham and Sheff Utd having worse away records in the league. Only Sheff Utd have scored less away from home.

What exact problems are they causing?

Agree but our tactics see the 6 receive passes into feet when marked and turn on the ball and spin us into attack
All I see is Romero getting a red, sticking him in the middle.

Out of the three, Dragu presents as the best option.

Don't remember his passing being an issue.

Don't think Ange would have brought in someone to play 1st phase, who can't pass.

It's not ideal, but, to me, it's the best option to allow us maximum attacking potential at home, in this game.

I actually right now hate Brentford more than any other club right now. I am nota rationa person but my main points:
•They are not premier league
•The mangager is a prick
•Toney is a cunt.( up there with sol. )
•Media are cunts for fawning over said cunt

That’s it for nows
Natalie supports them though ……..
A769-EA8-D-0-ECA-4-FE2-8-CE1-725-CF3-FD755-B.jpg

Back
Top Bottom