FFP / PSR Requirements & Breaches

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don’t even know the situation with Levy at the club…..
Do you?
You’re missing some very basic but important points.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion about Levy/ENIC and the direction the club takes or has taken. Good or bad.
Everyone is allowed to express their opinion how they choose.
The fact that you may not like what some folk write on here is irrelevant.
Nobody has called Levy any of the things you seem to have invented for your faux outrage.
Nobody is seeking your approval of their opinion.
I’m not entirely sure this is the forum for those of a delicate disposition or those easily offended. You appear to fall into this category.

The WUMs from both sides of the levy debate are fucking boring. There’s a levy thread. Wind each other up in there instead perhaps? You’re just polluting what was a good thread with bollocks about him.

Still too cold for the protests, so they like to huddle together on forums... :levywhoa:
it’s alright I heard levy is opening up the club shop for the next protest and is going to give them a good deal on the New Spurs winter
Jackets! Apparently he will even open up the bar at the stadium so they can keep warm after and buy a few drinks!
What a guy! :levylol:

Do you?
You’re missing some very basic but important points.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion about Levy/ENIC and the direction the club takes or has taken. Good or bad.
Everyone is allowed to express their opinion how they choose.
The fact that you may not like what some folk write on here is irrelevant.
Nobody has called Levy any of the things you seem to have invented for your faux outrage.
Nobody is seeking your approval of their opinion.
I’m not entirely sure this is the forum for those of a delicate disposition or those easily offended. You appear to fall into this category.
Perhaps fans should consider that Levy has been thrifty with money compared to a few other clubs because of the cost over 20 years of buying business etc in order to build the new stadium, building a cash cow that will see us now enter a new more successful period when other clubs find It more difficult to spend the sums they have done in the past. Perhaps more credit is due to him than has previously been shown.

They will have agreed to a meeting via WhatsApp and like Boris and Nicola Sturgeon, all the messages will have been deleted afterwards.

The meeting will be a passing of a message from Abu Dhabi to say ‘don’t fuck with us’. The government will then put huge pressure on the independent commission to find ways to get them off all charges.

It’s my guess but a guess I would be happy to put money on.

Not really a surprise that a club run as sports washing entity for a nation state would get heavy political support when challenged.

If people are really naive enough to ask why Everton and Forest get done first whilst City will be much harder, this is why.

Chavski isn’t much different. There is a lot of Saudi money in that club and the rate at which the Saudi league is fizzling out they will definitely look to protect that investment too.

Any government would do the same with their foreign investments imo.

Not really a surprise that a club run as sports washing entity for a nation state would get heavy political support when challenged.

If people are really naive enough to ask why Everton and Forest get done first whilst City will be much harder, this is why.

Chavski isn’t much different. There is a lot of Saudi money in that club and the rate at which the Saudi league is fizzling out they will definitely look to protect that investment too.

Any government would do the same with their foreign investments imo.

Chelsea are a cultural asset too off course! Makes me fucking sick to hear them referred to as that.

Seems to be the L*** appreciation thread / rimming thread / apology thread......Which is kinda funny because when I last looked we still hadn't won anything for sixteen years 🤷‍♂️
nicolas cage scream GIF

Man City's charges (allegedly) relate in the most part to 'affiliates' of the owners providing over valued sponsorship, payments through offshore companies and the like creating falsely high revenues such that there was very large head room for high costs meaning they didn't breach the financial parameters and/or hiding costs in offshore companies. The issue is proving what the value of the sponsorship would have been to a genuinely independent company wishing to sponsor ManCity - which is a bitch of a problem to do.

In terms of timescales, PL allowed UEFA to charge Mancity under similar but different regulations, when charged Mancity took the UEFA commission to CAS where uefa lost on technicalities in the most part........ and that's a process that took 4 or more years I think IMO PL should have gone in parallel with UEFA to charge ManCity.

I fear PL will find ManCity have the same lawyers who will drag things out again in a multi million pound court case, and PL needs to find a way to avoid this (not easy). The issue is of course Mancity have no interest in anything other than sportswashing, and as such they are happy to spend £100m (or whatever) on lawyers on top of over spending on players ...... the 'sportswashing' return to them is worth almost any sum.

Everton is a much more straight forward case. the costs their management incurred was way more than was allowed under ffp/sustainability regulations and their management should have known that. So the charge merely shows Everton were not serious managers. I have some sympathy with Everton over the sanction being 10 points which is excessive imo, but not to the charge which management should have avoided by limiting and managing their spend within the caps allowed under ffp/sustainability.
Just wonder how do Man City pay for their lawyers? Surely it must come out the club coffers like wages and transfer fees or does that not count for ffp / par?

Just wonder how do Man City pay for their lawyers? Surely it must come out the club coffers like wages and transfer fees or does that not count for ffp / par?
From the oil sharks!
They will just buy a well heeled law firm and get them to do Citys legals pro-bono!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom