Video Assistant Referee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s time refs were interviewed post match to explain big calls they make or don’t make.

Hand balls I’m less bothered about, it’s confusing and stupidly subjective. But Things like Gusto not being red carded for studs into shin etc

Yes you are right. That’s exactly what I said and exactly it shows. Appreciate your wisdom.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Good. Wish they would get refs to explain big decisions post match also.

I’m coming round to the idea of miking up refs too. But also want FIFA/UEFA and all FA’s to completely and utterly stamp out dissent and the constant surrounding and questioning refs on pitch and post match by managers.

Also the media need to have a seed change in their attitude to refereeing too (hopefully helped by the authorities stamping out on pitch and managerial dissent). It was the same pre-VAR as it was since VAR - the media continually question and ridicule, refereeing decisions publicly lambasting them, regardless of what system gets used, and this feeds into bullshit fan narratives.

Be funny if one of them decided to speak in rhymes every time or did every VAR check in a grandmaster flash style rap
That is soo tempting. Craig Pawson at Stockley Park, communicating with referee Michael Oliver...

There was a young man played for City
'Offside' was the call, ..that was shitty
I don't care what he did
I've got 500 quid
To say 'Onside, Goal Stands', what a pity.

I don't think it's viable to have the conversation played live in the stadium, but the decision (once confirmed) can be stated by the referee in stadium at least. Like they did in the women's world cup. They also can show on the screens what's being reviewed, which is the same as rugby union.

But for TV audiences you might as well just play that all live to viewers. Audio and visual. Seems deliberately opaque to not do that.

Back
Top Bottom