FFP / PSR Requirements & Breaches

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I assume he thought any penalties where financial. Over inflated sponsorship, off book payments and thus accounting fraud on FFP would be relegation and is vastly more serious than Everton's issues.

They should have looked at FFP to confirm if the potential sanctions were worth it.

Anyone advising him at Due Diligence stage with half a brain would tell him :

1 There are very substantial risks of mis-statement of figures, high risk of offshore payment with tax and ffp consequences etc. There will be risks not uncovered in DD

2 Downside risks cannot be quantified = very deep pockets required to go ahead with many hundreds of millions if not a billion or two of money required on top of original investment to solve the problems.

3 FFP/Profit and Sustainability rules have teeth - ensure your business models include ffp effects.

Usually ffp penalties are NOT allowable for tax and therefore have a much bigger effect than you might initially think

Nobody can stop an idiot investing (as Musk has proved) , just make sure they understand the easy bit is putting money in. Sorting out the pig sty which is Chelsea finances will cost mega bucks and take years

Not so

At the moment Spurs get 'Tottenham Hotspur' stadium broadcast around the world whenever there is Beyonce/Adele et al concerts (viewing is in tens of millions), NFL games etc - and Sponsors respond by paying higher sums as they know their sponsorships get broadcast too.

So having our name broadcast round the world has huge name recognition (= dollar value) which we lose if there is a naming rights deal.

It wouldn't surprise me if Spurs have worked out at what price its advantageous to have a naming rights deal which might be say £25m pa for 10 years as the current arrangements are worth say £20m pa.

So a naming rights deal at a low price = lost value, at £25m pa, extra value might be £5m pa (or enough to buy and pay wages of a Gift Orban not an Victor Osimhen)
Or... If we bank the 20m profit for 3 years that's nearly a VdV and a Porro.

Not so

At the moment Spurs get 'Tottenham Hotspur' stadium broadcast around the world whenever there is Beyonce/Adele et al concerts (viewing is in tens of millions), NFL games etc - and Sponsors respond by paying higher sums as they know their sponsorships get broadcast too.

So having our name broadcast round the world has huge name recognition (= dollar value) which we lose if there is a naming rights deal.

It wouldn't surprise me if Spurs have worked out at what price its advantageous to have a naming rights deal which might be say £25m pa for 10 years as the current arrangements are worth say £20m pa.

So a naming rights deal at a low price = lost value, at £25m pa, extra value might be £5m pa (or enough to buy and pay wages of a Gift Orban not an Victor Osimhen)
I don’t see how you can monetise that brand recognition. It’s a soft, unquantifiable benefit

Or... If we bank the 20m profit for 3 years that's nearly a VdV and a Porro.
Stadium sponsorship is less than you think. City's is made up and is 15m. Atletico is next at 8.5m.

( Barca Spotify deal is mainly for shirt sponsorship)

Stadium sponsorship is less than you think. City's is made up and is 15m. Atletico is next at 8.5m.

( Barca Spotify deal is mainly for shirt sponsorship)
What about the US stadiums? We should be a bigger draw based on the broader NFL, Beyoncé, and the go kart track 😂

I don’t see how you can monetise that brand recognition. It’s a soft, unquantifiable benefit
I am going to get in over my head very quickly here but can't you quantify brand value by looking at the amount of borrowing and the terms? Didn't we borrow to build the stadium based on a calculation by the lender of what our value would be after it was built and operating? That seems like a hard metric for brand value.

Further down the thread:

View: https://twitter.com/FoxyAnt1980/status/1747959152670842910

Read the post after the Daily Mail article.....

GEIJMfRXAAAtPN3

The loan is apparently not linked to the stadium build and thus the interest is not to be excluded.

Conclusion: Moshiri is a moron.

Watching the Overlap, Carragher said at one stage 2 years ago Everton's wages to turnover ratio was 95%, that is utterley mental.

Its monetised in part by sponsors paying more bucks because of their association with TH which, as I say is now being broadcast to a worldwide audience with concerts, nfl etc,

Equally those broadcast too may become Spurs fans, especially if the club tours that part of the world where the fan is from (Australia, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, USA being some of countries visited on pre-season) and they in turn buy merchandise , subscribe to Spurs play and otherwise become an income source (ie monetised)

Etc, etc

In effect its the same argument as to why any big name company wants its name plastered on the stadium - they gain more world wide recognition as its worth a dollar value to them from increased sales to their customers or new customers, Problem is they are (allegedly) only offering 20m to spurs whereas the marketing value to them is a lot higher.

The whole argument about brand value etc is now an accepted concept, not a niche one, so whilst the precise value can be debated, the fact is that the TH brand being on tv does deliver healthy $ value now, and does so in the long term.

I have heard he's made enquiries about the logistics of having his own statue erected outside. That would be quite a popular move with a few on here, I would think

Are you going to get a statue of yourself - maybe ONE giant brick saying

- 'Not one Brick' on one side and
- 'I said this stadium is a hologram - just kick it to see how much I lied to you'

would be appropriate.

Still no apologies after a decade of your crap

There's no doubt Levy would love to have had a naming rights deal sewn up long before now. But he obviously hasn't managed to negotiate one that he feels is financially acceptable.
I guess the problem is, any serious sponsor prepared to meet his valuatiion would want their brand to be associated with winners. But under his stewardship we just don't win.
Harsh, maybe. But also an unavoidable fact.
You might want to be sitting down when you read this.

Levy’s long game at Tottenham might be about to pay off in a big way

View: https://x.com/slbsn/status/1747985694004310220?s=20

Not sure if shared already but this guy seems to think City will clear their name of the charges because the burden of proof is too high for such serious allegations, involving so many people.

I really don’t like this bloke.

He’s a complete City shill masquerading as an objective, independent advisor. I’ve had my gut full of dealing with this type of weasel in my day job. He loves the attention and he loves emphasising the fact that the allegations are hard to prove.

Of course they’re hard to prove. We’ve let an entire country dope a PL team.

Do not let this quisling fool you. The PL can very easily establish that City have broken sustainability rules by pointing to a sensible comparison of fair market value, so as to undermine City’s absurdly inflated sponsorship deals.

The PL just has to have the courage and stomach for a fight.

But this douche can get in the fucking sea.

EDIT: and to add, it goes without saying that Jordan is a whopper, but watch Stefan start to squirm just past 8 minutes, when pressed on City’s refusal to cooperate and provide evidence. Then you get the the legalistic equivocation, the bristling of feathers. His voice gets that little more arch and he says ‘ah, ah, these are two separate issues’.

Fuck. Off.

He’s on the payroll.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom