Financial Fair Play

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The delays with MC case is like not bringing a murderer to court until 2025 because the courts are too busy dealing with low level crime like shoplifting and BBC licence dodgers. Crazy and I fully understand the fans fury at the clubs affected whilst MC carry on winning trophies and buying players.

I think that a team under investigation should be banned from transfers but don’t agree with the rest of your post.

You can't compare these cases to City's case, they have 115 charges - it's a big one so it's gonna take time
Yeah but the situation with City is made even worse because everyone knew what was going on and the League and everyone responsible for protecting the game were looking the other way because of the amount of money City was throwing around.

It took private investigating and journalists blowing the lid off of City's corruption and embarrassing everyone before they ever decided reluctantly to start a formal investigation.

City could have been slapped down a decade ago when they first started this shit, and then we made wouldn't have gotten the third wave of filthy money coming into the League purely for the purpose of sports washing.

WHY is Everton (again) and Forest dealt with...- when Man City and Chelski are still scott free?
Well, have a think...

but to put it simply, Man City & Chelsea have been very clever and incredibly shady for years and have many charges levelled against them, couple that with a near infinite budget to slow down the cases (see City vs UEFA/CAS)

Vs.

Everton and Forrest who must produce statements and accounts to show P&L/S, openly.

City and Chelsea will take years...

I hate it too.

Add this to Everton’s problems…

“777 Partners have been hit with multiple new lawsuits, their two main sources of funding are now under investigation by corporate watchdogs, and their companies have been borrowing millions at an interest rate of 52.5 percent.”

You can't compare these cases to City's case, they have 115 charges - it's a big one so it's gonna take time
City have denied wrongdoing. I presume that Forest have presented accurate accounts showing a breach like Everton. In addition Citeh's charges are much much more serious. They are essentially accused of deliberately misleading the Premier League over many years. So if found guilty they will face unprecedented sanctions. I would expect a 100 point deduction at the very least.

The problem is that Citeh can go through the PL's disciplinary process, then go to arbitration then go to the High Court. I have maintained over the years that Citeh have committed fraud, false accounting and at the very least a conspiracy to defraud (so the government should get involved). From what I understand there was a criminal investigation (may be still is) but mum's the word on that.

City have denied wrongdoing. I presume that Forest have presented accurate accounts showing a breach like Everton. In addition Citeh's charges are much much more serious. They are essentially accused of deliberately misleading the Premier League over many years. So if found guilty they will face unprecedented sanctions. I would expect a 100 point deduction at the very least.

The problem is that Citeh can go through the PL's disciplinary process, then go to arbitration then go to the High Court. I have maintained over the years that Citeh have committed fraud, false accounting and at the very least a conspiracy to defraud (so the government should get involved). From what I understand there was a criminal investigation (may be still is) but mum's the word on that.

Can’t go to the high court. The independent commission is final, although they can appeal back to the independent commission once they have the verdict like Everton are doing but it’s their judgement. It’s not like UEFA FFP where you can go to the European Court afterwards.

Watching City supporters twist themselves into knots trying to earnestly refute these allegations is so pathetic. It's not enough that they had an all-timer of a winning lottery ticket fall into their lap, they're now so desperate to convince everyone else that their winning lottery ticket is actually good and pure. Embarrassing group of people.

Can’t go to the high court. The independent commission is final, although they can appeal back to the independent commission once they have the verdict like Everton are doing but it’s their judgement. It’s not like UEFA FFP where you can go to the European Court afterwards.
I have explained this before but the process is:

Independent Commission>>>>> Appeal Board>>>>> Arbitration if specific grounds are met>>>>>High Court if s68 Arbitration Act applies.

And by the way they can probably sue the premier league at any time if it is advantageous so it ends up in the high court anyway.

Edit:
In the case of a Disciplinary Dispute, the only grounds for review of a decision of a Commission or Appeal Board by way of arbitration under this Section X shall be that the decision was:
X.4.1. reached outside of the jurisdiction of the body that made the decision;
X.4.2. reached as a result of fraud, malice or bad faith;
X.4.3. reached as a result of procedural errors so great that the rights of the applicant have been clearly and substantially prejudiced;
X.4.4. reached as a result of a perverse interpretation of the law; or
X.4.5. one which could not reasonably have been reached by any Commission or Appeal Board which had applied its mind properly to the facts of the case.

Importantly for Limitation Periods, which do apply in arbitration and something I am sure Citeh's lawyers will invoke:

X.7 An arbitration shall be deemed to have commenced (and for the purpose of Rule X.2 a dispute shall be deemed to have arisen) upon the party requesting an arbitration serving upon the other party (and copied to the Board) a request in Form 26.

Not sure why we're waiting for all of City's charges to be processed in one go. If it's too time consuming and complex to do in one hit, go through the list of charges, pick a few that are straight forward to evidence and punish them now. As it is, they're looking at a good few seasons without punishment due to the complexities of going through such a large case. That just isn't fair.

Start docking them 10 points here, fine there, transfer ban here. Don't let the cunts have another 3 years of a free run at silverware due the foundation their cheating has given them.

True and how come the Chavs have already admitted breaches but no sanction?

Chelsea's £12m sleeve sponsorship deal 'WON'T be blocked by the Premier League or Government' despite BingX calling itself a 'steadfast supporter of Russian crypto community'​

• The west London club inked the deal on Thursday with their new cryto partner
  • BingX remains active in Russia and hosted an event at Moscow Tech Week

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Sanctions?

What sanctions?

All for a lousy £12,000,000.

That's like one Joe Rodon.

Over It Lol GIF by GIPHY News

Back
Top Bottom