Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Miss me out sucking bollockhead off for doing what he should have done in the summer(!), and doing his usual danger dance with the asking fee (peanuts!!!!), leaving the door open long enough for it to nearly get hijacked (then having to up the fucking deal, anyway!).

Fucking idiot.

You owe us a lot more than this guy for the pain you cause, cunt.

Big up Ange and Fab for getting into Rad's head to tip it our way.

#BaldCunt
I am normally with you , but in other times we would have missed out . I said I won’t sleight him if he got 2 in early 1 of which was a CB , he has done it . Does not mean I have forgotten the last 24 years , but if I am going to bollock him as I expect him to fuck up , I won‘t bollock him when he doesn’t

I'm saying that your posts to me are riddle with a condescending tone, all I'm doing is matching your energy and giving it back to you.
I wouldn’t deny any of that , but after last night I thought I would extend the olive branch . I don’t think I am condescending when someone does that . However I fully expect somebody to find a post now that makes me look like a liar . So let’s say I don’t usually do that to be safe , as I said you don’t get abusive and spiteful which is always a good thing in my book

I wouldn’t deny any of that , but after last night I thought I would extend the olive branch . I don’t think I am condescending when someone does that . However I fully expect somebody to find a post now that makes me look like a liar . So let’s say I don’t usually do that to be safe , as I said you don’t get abusive and spiteful which is always a good thing in my book

I mean you were but it's cool - It's not that deep man, 90% of my posts are utter BS anyway you should know that, most of the time I'm messing around so you should know not to take me seriously by now, anyway - happy to call a truce :)

Levy/ENIC could have done better, could have done worse. It has been immensely frustrating at times over the past 20 odd years but we are in a significantly better position now than we were at the start.

One thing I am grateful for is the handling of the new stadium. It's wonderful and he's done the club right by that. We obviously don't get to experience the training facilities first hand but by all accounts, they look fantastic as well. Our long term future is very much secure.

Does it excuse the years of penny pinching that undoubtedly cost us silverware? I guess that's subjective. The penny seems to have finally dropped regarding player recruitment, Paratici deserves praise for that, so does Levy for bringing him in. Conte, Mourinho and Nuno were terrible, terrible managerial appoitnments but at least he's got it right now with Ange. Our net spend on players over the past few seasons is starting to look like that of a big team, instead of a mid table team trying to punch above their weight, so again, improvements are there to see.

We also don't have to worry about FFP under Levy. For all of his flaws, he hasn't recklessly put the club's future in jeopardy like City/Chav's owners

If we end up with meaningful silverware in the next couple of seasons I reckon it'll all be worth it. Although it certainly won't change the fact that supporting us at times over the last 20 years has been cock and ball torture.

I mean you were but it's cool - It's not that deep man, 90% of my posts are utter BS anyway you should know that, most of the time I'm messing around so you should know not to take me seriously by now, anyway - happy to call a truce :)
Signings in early January , N’Dombele staying in Turkey , peace and harmony in TFC , I must lay off the LSD

Finally, I am starting to think they actually do give a bit of a shit about the actual heart of the thing…the Football team.

No trust yet, but I am starting to feel more inclined to be open to a bit of trust in the future. The journey to this point has a lot of cheek puffing. But this is feeling like the warm wind of change. Although actual forgiveness remains a long way off.

Dragsuin we needed in the summer window, Werner I have expressed my reservations about.
I'm glad he's pleased Ange, we still have a long way to go in terms of building a strong squad. The thing that impressed me most so far in this window, was getting a fee for Dier, so credit to Levy for that.

Looks to me that the new profit and sustainability laws is catching everyone up and since we are fully self sustainable and well maintained it's given us a massive advantage over everyone else when it comes to spending money.

So far I've seen Villa, Chelsea, Newcastle, Arse, Utd all practically admit that they can't spend money this window and face cut backs whilst we are the only club that have gone out and invested.

Safe to say that building the stadium is paying off massively, having concerts, NFL, boxing in there and using it as a multi purpose arena was an absolute masterstroke by our chairman, the profits this club is making from the extra revenue of the stadium are really starting to pay off - this is another good move from our owners that was initially criticised by some of our fans becsuse they couldn't understand or didn't have the foresight to see what was happening.

I think it's high time we just started to trust these guys again, as I've always said they have always had good intentions for this club and their business sense off the pitch has been very good but their execution on the football infrastructure has been piss poor, now we have football people at our club who make the correct decision which will help us on the pitch they can both be married up and it has undoubtedly push us forward as a club and will continue to do so.

Last edited:
Why would you want this thread bumped daily? That's rather strange.
16th of August and the thread is pretty active.

it's extremely delusional for you to think that John Thomas John Thomas , scott scott and a number of others ONLY want Levy out when we lose, when we win they don't want them out. I'm not sayin you have to agree with their arguments but you must be the only one or one a few that thinks this.
I can confirm I want levy out even after a win. Very surprised some think I am a levy fan after a win.

I agree on us needing another CB. I don't know if we stopped pursuing Tapsoba or he was no longer interested after we signed Micky, but I said in the summer I didn't think it should be either/or but both.

Opportunity lost that Ashley Phillips' injury coincided with Romero's suspension and Micky's injury.

We definitely need to sign one in the summer. If someone good is available in January, then do it then - but I'm hesitant to rush out and buy 2nd rate players just to fill a gap if that ends up preventing us from signing a better option come summer.

Said before the season, our focus from June of 2023 on needed to be on making this squad as good as it can be in August 2024.
Agreed. I can’t find your post but I am sure it was you who said you don’t think we will go for another proper centre forward. That does seem to have been the modern way now. More recently Liverpool & now city with halaand & united with Rasmus have bucked it. When I was growing up you usually had 4 & now many teams have none. It’s a very different world now! I am sure at one point we had Defoe, Keane, berbatov & bent. United had cole, Yorke, ole & teddy. I wonder if the shift is going back to a proper forward & whether we will go for one or not.

Agreed. I can’t find your post but I am sure it was you who said you don’t think we will go for another proper centre forward. That does seem to have been the modern way now. More recently Liverpool & now city with halaand & united with Rasmus have bucked it. When I was growing up you usually had 4 & now many teams have none. It’s a very different world now! I am sure at one point we had Defoe, Keane, berbatov & bent. United had cole, Yorke, ole & teddy. I wonder if the shift is going back to a proper forward & whether we will go for one or not.
Yeah, I said a few times that we weren't going to buy a Kane replacement nor should we. The idea was to replace Kane with an upgraded attacking unit across the board.

I wonder if we're not far away from strike partnerships coming back into fashion.

Yeah, I said a few times that we weren't going to buy a Kane replacement nor should we. The idea was to replace Kane with an upgraded attacking unit across the board.

I wonder if we're not far away from strike partnerships coming back into fashion.
The way Keane & berbatov linked up was always good to watch. Yeah I think the same way Tiki-taka peak Spain/barca has calmed down a bit. The no real striker trend might as well. I like seeing lots of different styles & ways of playing. I miss the old wingers just getting it & running down the wing with it full speed . No Lennon smiley 😒

The way Keane & berbatov linked up was always good to watch. Yeah I think the same way Tiki-taka peak Spain/barca has calmed down a bit. The no real striker trend might as well. I like seeing lots of different styles & ways of playing. I miss the old wingers just getting it & running down the wing with it full speed . No Lennon smiley 😒
All about finding the inefficiencies in the market, zag when everyone is zigging.

I agree on missing the flying wingers and those classic fullbacks who opposed them. Don't miss Tiki-taka or Wenger's possession based game. Hate possession for the sake of possession. If I had a complaint about Ange's team is I still don't like the number of back passes we make.

Back
Top Bottom