Brighton vs Tottenham Hotspur (A) - Thursday 28th December 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sonny again just giving up the ball. He's trying to play with his back to the goal like last season with similar results.
Yes keep saying his receiving the ball from CBs in positions he doesn’t want it. He needs to get the ball further up facing them. What is the point of giving him the ball when all he can do is run towards OUR goal. Same on other side with BJ. This is the result of the inverted FBs as they go infield. Look at destiny towards the end combining with Gil on the left and driving forward. We need to use his pace to push teams back.

Hang now there's an idea...I know he did shit on Leeds. But is he not rapid as F and very decent one vs one winger. Does he not do that thing BJ seems unable to do and roast fullbacks for fun? Loan till seasons end.... just desperately spinning plates here. .
if we talking about gnonto? he is a great player im a fan since he came to fc zurich but,
and there is a big but! his agent seems to be a real dick and pain in the ass.
i would love to have him at spurs (but the agent🤮)

ps: his nickname at zurich was "willy" and the swiss the commentators would say "here comes willy"

That's all well and good... and fine for the 'neutral' But surely there's a time and a place to mix it up and go defensive when needed...
Whether it's to protect a lead (unlike tonight), or nullify the opposition (like tonight) when they seem to be getting a foothold in the game.

I'm all for attacking football, when it's productive... But when it costs us goals, surely there's an argument to shut up shop for periods of the game, just until we can get our forward play organised...

Tonight felt either stubborn, or naive... Or just a bit of both.
I can only agree but it seems to be a "Thing" with managers.
Conte = defensive
Jose - defensive
Ange- attacking
Poch - possession based
Pep- attacking
None of them seem to diversify

Urrrrgh! Tonight was SO avoidable... We started so well, and then almost seemed to forget we'd started so well, and let them walk all over us....

I guess, 8 first team regulars out was gonna take its' toll sooner or later...

Worrying that we've yet to win a game WITHOUT Romero... and what with Son, Sarr and Bids out next month, January is starting to look bleak!

We only woke up when the game was lost.
And to add insult to injury,Woolwich west ham is on the TV in pub now.
Watching it is torture.
It's like being asked,what do you want? A Dog shit sandwich or a Cat shit sandwich..Detest the fucking pair of them
Feel the same as you. Can’t stand either of them but got to go for the East End filth as can’t have the South London filth winning the league

I don’t mind Ange’s insistence on sticking steadfastly to his principles and ideals this season as part of instilling our new culture and identity. But I do worry that in certain future circumstances, cup semi finals, critical league matches etc, our refusal to be pragmatic could cost us. All top winning teams have had cynical pragmatism in their armoury.

Ange was pragmatic against Luton going 5 at the back with 10 men to protect the lead when we came under the cosh.

What I don't think he'll do is sacrifice principle for pragmatism because of an injury crisis. All players who are going to be here in 2024/25 have to be able to play his way. They either do so or don't.

I think once he has "his team" he'll be more pragmatic because he'll trust them But I could be wrong...

that's our hallmark - not only are we too slow - we are also very lateral.. instead of going for the goal/end line - we cut back square or pass lateral on attack moves. we seldom cross the ball from the edge into the penalty areas - we often choose to ange-ball our way slowly into the box & hope to walk the ball across the goal-line. we love congestion too much

and we dont shoot much e.g. like Estupinan and when we do it's limp. besides Porro - who has/is a mean hotshot besides Son (who is off-form)...? Romero?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom