Manchester City v Tottenham - Sunday 3 Dec 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Season 1 Killing GIF by Rick and Morty
Ok you got me, just tickle their balls.

Last edited:
5 year deal and fresh terms for Ange imo. Bloke is a warrior.

Ange needs to make a decision on whether to play ticky tack out of your own box or a balls out, throw everyone forward press. Not sure doing both is possible. I’ll take the latter given a choice.

:ange-hmm:
A lot of teams are putting more effort into playing out from the back and the league is adjusting to it. Doesn't mean you can't do it, just that on occasion you might have to adapt. Whether Postecoglou is willing to do that is the question. I suspect he won't change as he seems rather set on doing things one way.

A lot of teams are putting more effort into playing out from the back and the league is adjusting to it. Doesn't mean you can't do it, just that on occasion you might have to adapt. Whether Postecoglou is willing to do that is the question. I suspect he won't change as he seems rather set on doing things one way.
Not worried mate.:ange-lol:

I thought the ref was decent. He even booked Grealish for kicking the ball away. Rodri carded too. It was nice to watch a game where the opposition played football and didnt try to maim our players 🙏

I always felt we had a chance, given that in those 3 defeats, especially the villa game we created so many chances. Defensive mistakes happen even to the best teams, but so many missed chances brutally exposes those defensive mistakes.

Son's goal was outstanding, footballing perfection. So ruthless and what a way to score with our first chance.
It was a bit sickening for them equalize with Son's OG. That must have deflated us a bit, so massive credit for staying in the game. It was tough and we had a bit of fortune that Haaland was having a jinxy time in front of goal, but same thing happened to us last week.. it just happens sometimes.
I think we couldn't have kept them out from scoring an actual goal not a freak goal, so wasn't totally unhappy with 2-1 at half time. I thought Ange would straighten them out.

Second half after about 18 or 20 minutes there was a stat that we had 71% possession in that half at that point. It's a ridiculous turn around that we were able to wrench control away from them considering they were so dominant in the first half. It was incredible to fight back and Gio's goal was a real beauty. More huge balls needed after Biss's error, and we get another equalizer. We even looked like we might win it for a brief attack or 2!
WE NEVER FUCKING STOP, MATES

In short it's incredible what Ange is doing. He is the ideal manager for us, and is bringing a style of football befitting us. It is so important we all back him to the hilt.

COYS!

Looking back at the Etihad game last season.

Leading 2 nil at half time, only to come out in the second half trying to defend that lead. City could smell blood and blasted 4 past us in 45 minutes.

We were poor in the first half today, but the second was gutsy and furious. Nothing passive about our mentality.

I thought the ref was decent. He even booked Grealish for kicking the ball away. Rodri carded too. It was nice to watch a game where the opposition played football and didnt try to maim our players 🙏

I always felt we had a chance, given that in those 3 defeats, especially the villa game we created so many chances. Defensive mistakes happen even to the best teams, but so many missed chances brutally exposes those defensive mistakes.

Son's goal was outstanding, footballing perfection. So ruthless and what a way to score with our first chance.
It was a bit sickening for them equalize with Son's OG. That must have deflated us a bit, so massive credit for staying in the game. It was tough and we had a bit of fortune that Haaland was having a jinxy time in front of goal, but same thing happened to us last week.. it just happens sometimes.
I think we couldn't have kept them out from scoring an actual goal not a freak goal, so wasn't totally unhappy with 2-1 at half time. I thought Ange would straighten them out.

Second half after about 18 or 20 minutes there was a stat that we had 71% possession in that half at that point. It's a ridiculous turn around that we were able to wrench control away from them considering they were so dominant in the first half. It was incredible to fight back and Gio's goal was a real beauty. More huge balls needed after Biss's error, and we get another equalizer. We even looked like we might win it for a brief attack or 2!
WE NEVER FUCKING STOP, MATES

In short it's incredible what Ange is doing. He is the ideal manager for us, and is bringing a style of football befitting us. It is so important we all back him to the hilt.

COYS!
No Grealish or Rodri for City’s next game against Villa. Good for us whichever way that game goes

Was at work during the game so didn't get to watch more than 15 mins at the start of the 2nd half on my break, happy to admit I thought we were on to a hiding and to come away with that result is massive. Some of our passing sequences in the brief period I watched were a joy to behold, some amazing problem solving by the team.

That draw will silence the critics for the time being, hopefully we can build on this result with a couple of wins in December, and recruit early and well in January for the top 4 push.

It's Monday morning, gotta go do a job I hate, I'm dog tired and a bit ill (way too much booze at inlaws yesterday), proper freezing out there...

BUT FUCK IT! WE GOT A POINT AT THE ETIHAD!

And we're months away from winning the glorious FA Cup and a return to the CL via the league!

God is an Aussie.

we could have won it... playing tiki tikki from the back killed us.
we conceded 2 goals from playing-around in our own box.
they say ange is a gambler -BUT what do you gain from playing like this in your own box?
we could have been down 3-1 by half time if not for good luck

Rewatched the highlights a couple of times. Massive opportunity to win it but BJ fluffed his lay-off leading to the City breakaway/Haaland petulance.

Unbelievable heart from this team and still only 6 off the top after the last month of shitshow. We're only going to get better from this.

we could have won it... playing tiki tikki from the back killed us.
we conceded 2 goals from playing-around in our own box.
they say ange is a gambler -BUT what do you gain from playing like this in your own box?
we could have been down 3-1 by half time if not for good luck

Playing out from the back forces the other team to commit players forward to press the ball. If you can play out beyond the press, you can take 3 or 4 of their players out of the game and be able to throw more players forward to join the attack.

What joy do you think we would get from hoofing long balls up to Son, Johnson, Gil? The City defenders would win every long ball and we'd be back chasing the ball.

None of the goals we conceded were as a result of playing out from the back. In fact, the 3rd goal was as a result of us giving the ball to them from the first long ball goal kick from Vicario.

Thing is, I don't see how anyone who has watched those games can possibly consider them to be similar to each other. The performance against Wolves was pretty awful. The performance against Villa was fantastic, and on the balance of play across the 90+ minutes we should have won it by 3 or more goals - it was just one of those days where nothing quite went for us, you get them. And the game againt Chelsea was, well, a total freak. Before we self-destructed, we were miles the better side, and only millimetres from being 2-0 ahead. So to talk about those 2/3 games as all being similar seems a bit naive / disingenuous.
Totally agree. The crazy thing is we’ve played poorly in one league game this season and should’ve seen it out at Wolves. One game. The turnaround from where we were at the end of last season is just incredible. The Chelsea,Wolves and Villa games were all completely different in how they played out apart from the scorelines.

Playing out from the back forces the other team to commit players forward to press the ball. If you can play out beyond the press, you can take 3 or 4 of their players out of the game and be able to throw more players forward to join the attack.

What joy do you think we would get from hoofing long balls up to Son, Johnson, Gil? The City defenders would win every long ball and we'd be back chasing the ball.

None of the goals we conceded were as a result of playing out from the back. In fact, the 3rd goal was as a result of us giving the ball to them from the first long ball goal kick from Vicario.
What game are you talking about mate?
I only watched the spurs game where our first was from a long ball forward and city scored two from us surrendering possession in and around our box

Back
Top Bottom