Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s a fast learner is Ange.
Took him 1 game to see what some on here still haven’t figured out in 10 years.

Dier is a very shit defender.

Agreed but Royal is also a shit CB

Kept trying so I’ll give him that but he just hasn’t got it and was a match losing mistake waiting to happen!

Agreed but Royal is also a shit CB

Kept trying so I’ll give him that but he just hasn’t got it and was a match losing mistake waiting to happen!
Yea that's really the question- was he worse than Royal in the same position?

I don't know but we seemed well outsized in set pieces today. Many people said Torres was not good enough to play for us, but today he stuffed in a very nice header. Dier might have been better in that situation.

I doubt Dier will feel any bit inclined to move in the Winter. Ange is probably hoping to do what he can to encourage him to accept a move- mainly keeping him on the bench unless absolutely necessary. I expect to see Dier sign a precontract agreement with some other club in the winter with a small chance of a nominal fee to accelerate his departure out of here.

If Dier is still interested in playing football regularly he'd do well to take a move now before his time away from the game or motivation for it starts being questioned.

Yea that's really the question- was he worse than Royal in the same position?

I don't know but we seemed well outsized in set pieces today. Many people said Torres was not good enough to play for us, but today he stuffed in a very nice header. Dier might have been better in that situation.

I doubt Dier will feel any bit inclined to move in the Winter. Ange is probably hoping to do what he can to encourage him to accept a move- mainly keeping him on the bench unless absolutely necessary. I expect to see Dier sign a precontract agreement with some other club in the winter with a small chance of a nominal fee to accelerate his departure out of here.

If Dier is still interested in playing football regularly he'd do well to take a move now before his time away from the game or motivation for it starts being questioned.
Dier would have been better at defending Torres but every other aspect of his game is poorer and we wouldn’t have played front football and created so many chances with him

Don't feel sorry for him one bit as his personal greed has kept us from the depth we so clearly needed at Sell to Buy FC.

That the club thought it was a good idea to produce a documentary about him over the summer shows just how out of touch all sides were.
Sell to Buy FC (not Leeds)

Don't feel sorry for him one bit as his personal greed has kept us from the depth we so clearly needed at Sell to Buy FC.

That the club thought it was a good idea to produce a documentary about him over the summer shows just how out of touch all sides were.

Turn it in. You have no idea what offers were on the table for him this summer

He has been a great servant for us, even if we can all see his decline recently. There's no reason why he shouldnt see out his contract at this stage and take whatever move he fancies, probably back to portugal

screenshot_20231224_231141_x-jpg.1877919

Back
Top Bottom