Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Said before let’s not turn into social media conspiracy creeps like the goons, we didn’t play well against wolves and the two reds against Chelsea were just

Need to lump it and move on

I don't believe in an anti-Spurs conspiracy, but there is an appalling mix of incompetence, bias, unconscious-bias and PGMOL-politics running amock these days.

As above; the refs aren't even shy of admitting it.

I don't believe in an anti-Spurs conspiracy, but there is an appalling mix of incompetence, bias, unconscious-bias and PGMOL-politics running amock these days.

I think that’s just bad decisions from incompetent officials though and not done with any bias

Every team in the country will be able to give examples of simple decisions not going their way

Conscious or unconscious bias makes a difference?

Still a bias.

I’d argue that the way Klopp and Arteta behave is almost aimed at gaining a bias, conscious or not.

You don’t think it’s strange that a high profile manager can say it’s a disgrace when a decision goes against him, then threaten to revolt if he gets another one. His club fully backs him and there is zero punishment?

Then his direct rivals get some unconscious bias go against them?

Or Klopp and Liverpool threaten to use all means possible to get better decisions and ask for replays… all manner of accusations of conspiracy and corruption emanate from the city, club and friendly media.

Then miraculously the club that benefitted from their grievances has 4-5 games of straight unconscious bias?

So what's your argument now, are you arguing that the referees are applying bias against us or bias in favour of Liverpool?

Right.

It’s just luck and the way the political winds are blowing that decide who gets the unconscious bias go their way from week to week.

Brighton today vs Wolves yesterday

I think that’s just bad decisions from incompetent officials though and not done with any bias

Every team in the country will be able to give examples of simple decisions not going their way

I'm not commenting purely upon individual decisions....

Besides you're glossing over Deane & Clattenberg's comments above. There's no counter-argument to those. They are essentially confessions.

...........How do you explain the yellow card stats/patterns from the last 4 games?

This is how I feel on the issue. I don't see how the point can even be argued, especially when you have refs outright admitting that the media impacts the way they approach games (like MC did.)

This is why people like Neville etc make the comments they do, to apply pressure, weave a narrative, we witnessed it during the Leicester season, the officials were under an immense amount of pressure to give Leicester the rub of the green because it was the "fairytale" that everyone wanted to happen.

I don't think officials should be allowed access to the media either but I guess there isn't really a way to prevent that but even outside of the media having an influence you then also have to consider personal bias/unconscious bias and the politics of the PGMOL at play.

I'm not commenting purely upon individual decisions.... Besides you're glossing over Deane & Clattenberg's comments above and there's no counter-argument to those. They are essentially confessions.

...........How do you explain the yellow card stats/patterns from the last 4 games?

The level of Cope and apologism (just made that word up) is embarrassing.

I also feel it comes from a notion that just get your head down and the bias will work your way later down the line.

Meanwhile we are all talking about biased officials impacting games for every team.

Besides you're glossing over Deane & Clattenberg's comments above. There's no counter-argument to those. They are essentially confessions.

The yellow card stats and patterns for the last 4 games point to a pattern and I don't believe it can be put down to pure coincidence, especially considering it was off the back of the Liverpool result.

If you watch other leagues, the quality of refereeing is just as bad and even worse in a lot of cases.

Everyone just thinks it only happens to them because they don't pay closer attention elsewhere.

It’s just my opinion tbh, I can’t back it up with any sort of evidence

Our fanbase is pathetic

Absolutely no better than the scousers at all. The crying in match day threads after every decisions is hilarious. Every normal tackle from the opposition is a yellow apparently, every bad tackle is a red.

‘Omg if that was spurzzz can you imagine?’ yeah I can, same thing happens now give it a bloody rest.

If you watch other leagues, the quality of refereeing is just as bad and even worse in a lot of cases.

Everyone just thinks it only happens to them because they don't pay closer attention elsewhere.

The funny thing is every other set of fans literally say the same thing about referees and it only becomes an issue when they lose 😆

But this argument is missing the nuance, we aren't talking about individual conspiracy against certain clubs like the way Liverpool supporters bang on about shit.

We are talking about bias and unconscious bias and how the officials wish to be perceived by the media or feel pressure from the media and how it is interfering with the integrity of the game overall.

Back
Top Bottom