Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I copied this from TOPSPURS.

Tottenham Hotspur Tour - Argentina & Uruguay - Summer 1909
05-Jun-09Tour-AEvertonD2-2Tull, Middlemiss
10-Jun-09Tour-AUruguay LeagueW8-0Curtis (2), Minter (2), McConnor, Clark (3)
13-Jun-09Tour-AArgentinosW1-0McConnor
16-Jun-09Tour-ALiga ArgentinaW4-1Bull, Minter, Clark, McFarlane
19-Jun-09Tour-AEvertonL0-4
20-Jun-09Tour-ARosarioW9-0Unknown Scorers
24-Jun-09Tour-AAluminiW5-0Morris, Curtis, Minter (2), McFarlane

0-AC57-A0-C-2-FF6-44-AF-B7-E2-11-D66-DAC8-A12.jpg

Jimmy Dimmock.
Didn't know where to put this post, and this seemed a good a place as any.
On a tour of the Scottish Highlands and one of the group is an elderly gentleman called Elwyn Hughes. He was scouted by Spurs when playing for Welsh Schoolboys. He came to North London at the age of 17 around 1954. Unfortunately he never played for the First Team, but was happy that he managed to play at the big grounds at that time. He realised he wasn't going to make it and packed up after three years.
He named Tommy Harmer and Ted Ditchburn as his favourite players at the time he was there.
He seemed genuinely perplexed that I was interested in his story, but I think happy enough to share.

along with many me & my mates went to all homes games & many of the away games that season,
many memories of sitting football specials that rolled back into london at 2, 3, or 4 in the morning as we had been put behind another train that was running on the tracks (or thats how it felt)

along with many me & my mates went to all homes games & many of the away games that season,
many memories of sitting football specials that rolled back into london at 2, 3, or 4 in the morning as we had been put behind another train that was running on the tracks (or thats how it felt)
Went to my first game in late '77.

Went to all the home games and all the London aways, plus Luton and Southampton.
Great times.

Went to all the home games except Millwall(my Dad didnt fancy taking 10 year old me to that one for some reason...) Went to my first away game as well that season, Orient.
An amazing very memoriable season.
Stand out games for me that i attended were the one above,Bolton at home(massive win) and Hull at home,penultimate game of the season(another massive win). But the whole season was superb.

Went to all home games, London away games and Bolton away.

Back
Top Bottom