Luton (A) Saturday 7th October - 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I kept expecting the equalizer and my nerves were frayed but the end but man so proud of the boys.

What an impressive team we are growing into. We need some more bodies in January but what Ange has been able to achieve so far is nothing short of a miracle.

He's the real deal, both tactically and as a leader.
The thing is, we are only half a team, Ange has said we are two to three windows, or a year or two to get the team we want.

I am still concerned that out front 3 are not... It just doesn't feel right, not firing on all cylinders. I am not saying we are not good up front, just that I (IMO) can see it can be a lot lot better.

And this is very scary for the rest of the Prem. If we are doing this well, with one hand tied behind our back, then when we get that hand untied over the coming transfer window, we are...

Well...

Probably dominate the whole of Europe.

I thought I had a tummy bug a few weeks ago, but now I realise I was transmigrating to this new part of the Multiverse where we win. How about you?

You think that's air you're breathing?

Come On GIF by Max

The thing is, we are only half a team, Ange has said we are two to three windows, or a year or two to get the team we want.

I am still concerned that out front 3 are not... It just doesn't feel right, not firing on all cylinders. I am not saying we are not good up front, just that I (IMO) can see it can be a lot lot better.

And this is very scary for the rest of the Prem. If we are doing this well, with one hand tied behind our back, then when we get that hand untied over the coming transfer window, we are...

Well...

Probably dominate the whole of Europe.
Easy Tiger.

I think we are missing one player (#9) up front and a quality back up CB. If Madds is missing then we have a problem.

If we can't fix that in 3 windows, that's unlikely and we can all shake our fists then.

European experience can't be bought and needs constant nuture.

What #7 months in?

Yes yes, we only beat Luton by one goal. But that is what they call the ‘beauty’ of premier league football. On any given day any team can beat any team. FFS wolves beat City last week!

That’s 3 within 14 days

...And still essentially 1 game per week.

(Annoys me when people over-state this shit...... Even when it's Sun / Wed / Sun it's still effectively 2 games per week rather than warranting the "OMG 3 games in 8 days" melodrama.)

Our fullbacks tucking in gives them so much space on the flanks. If they score, it’ll be from an open man in that area.
I was saying that during the gane. We let them have so much space out wide and it was easy for them to cross. Improved later on. When down to 10 v teams like Luton, well tbh, even with 11 we can’t just let them pump balls into the box for fun. That’s what they live for. Thought destiny was a bit lacking in defence today not getting close enough and was beaten a few times.

I was saying that during the gane. We let them have so much space out wide and it was easy for them to cross. Improved later on. When down to 10 v teams like Luton, well tbh, even with 11 we can’t just let them pump balls into the box for fun. That’s what they live for. Thought destiny was a bit lacking in defence today not getting close enough and was beaten a few times.
Good subs from Ange IMHO. Kill the pace, creativity and flow and ask the players to stand the fuck up.

I can't see Hojberg staying but he thrives in those situations. It's a very important role. Is Vinny Jones still playing?

Easy Tiger.

I think we are missing one player (#9) up front and a quality back up CB. If Madds is missing then we have a problem.

If we can't fix that in 3 windows, that's unlikely and we can all shake our fists then.

European experience can't be bought and needs constant nuture.

What #7 months in?
Easy what?

Seriously, my post was about doing so well, with one hand behind our back (Lack of Depth)... and it would take a season or two to get the team we really need...

Seriously, read the fucking post proper and with context.

No fucking easy tiger about it, in a year or two, with the depth in the team we will have by then.

We are gonna be monsters.

Back
Top Bottom