Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
Why wasn't there more written about the penalty that Wolves didn't get vs Man Utd?
Liverpool make it look like they're the only victims of wrong decisions from VAR ever. Not to talk about all the pre-VAR decisions in their favor.

Careful, I've been accused of claiming Liverpool are acting as victims for some other reason other than the gane at the weekend

This is killing me 😆

F7iG76-WYAAz5n2.png

Brighton are fucked at the weekend, they are getting nothing from the officials and the Dippers will have the siege mentality bred into them by Klopp

Last edited:
Anyone else looking through there phone contacts to find an liverpoo fan to wind up

:levyeyes:
Don't need to, got a bunch of them living next door to me.

Haven't seen them the last couple of days, which might have a lot to do with me playing the game repeatedly on my phone...

In the back garden ...

At maximum volume.

One of them likes a spliff out there. I'll be willing to bet he hasn't enjoyed a single draw over the last few days.

It's quite mild out at the moment, might just watch the second half again...

Cannot believe ANYBODY could look at that Jones "challenge" and not agree it was a straight red.

Seriously one of the most blatant reds I've seen of late.
No but then you've got idiotic ex-footballers and current players/managers who don't know the rules and think that as long as Bissouma's leg wasn't snapped in 2 then it's "very harsh"

cue:

"Wasn't intentional" so fucking what
"Jones is a good lad" and this is relevant how
"He's not that type of player" well clearly he fucking well is

I welcome all these red cards. Maybe over the course of a few seasons of this attitude to "reckless" then we may reduce the amount of players who have to retire through terrible injuries. I'm encouraged that under Ange we seem to have improved our discipline. Sure, a fair few yellows, but no one's got close to a red yet that I can remember.

And if people actually thought things through properly, then a referee's key metrics should include

"no one got carried off an a stretcher on my watch"

If anything, this'll just bring a rule change that says you can now bring the play back. Which seems to have prevented them from doing so this time.

Either way, thank fuck Udogie took that free kick quickly.

They are STILL rabbiting on about this offside…

Can i just get peoples opinion for one second… IF the shoe was on the other foot, do you think they would still be talking about it?

Bring back presents!
That is grounds for a replay & I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks.

So they are either complete and utter fucking no brain, empty headed idiots with no business being near football ever again. Or they are fixing the game whether in bias or more nefarious reasons in plain sight. Fucking hell, pretty damning to be honest.
I refuse to believe they are this stupid to be honest.

Gotta love how this rings massive alarm bells for the whole VAR operation yet there are rival fans whose reaction is "see, it was just a mistake". Like Liverpool fans expected the audio to say take that you Scouse bastards...

Now we need to demand our point, don't give a shit what happens to Spurs, they can keep 3 for all I care but we deserve ours.

I had just about got over it today but listening to that has made me fucking rage.

Incompetence? This is cheating/match fixing/corruption - take your pick Game has to be replayed

It's like getting run over by a car and then someone showing you the video while you're lying with broken bones in hospital.

It’s not nearly as bad as some of you make it.

The issues I found:

There’s a ton of chatter. The first thing we hear is the linesman talking to the center, saying a few times “both pushing”. It’s not very value added and it’s distracting.

Once the goal happens, they actually do a pretty nice job deciding it’s onside. Obviously, the problem is they don’t actually say it’s onside and use a terrible phrase like check complete.

Obviously, there’s confusion in the several seconds after play is restarted. Once they figure out what happened, the ref makes a smart decision to say stop the game. Then someone overrules him and says they can’t.

That’s a big mistake. The point of refereeing is to get the call right. They could have gotten the call right. Nothing useful happened in those few seconds play restarted.

If anything, this'll just bring a rule change that says you can now bring the play back. Which seems to have prevented them from doing so this time.

Either way, thank fuck Udogie took that free kick quickly.
I'm not sure that's a good idea though. What is the threshold? They can stop play for a decision 5 seconds after it happens? 15 seconds? 1 minute? 5 minutes?

I wonder if they will just introduce changes more around like, specific wording that needs to be used. Like, if it's an offsides decision, they have to say "Goal" or "No goal."

In no way am I defending anyone involved in this or in the system itself, but any time there is a human element there is always inherently an opportunity for a total and complete fuck up. VAR was never going to eliminate any complaints, so anyone expecting perfection was just expecting unrealistic things.

At a minimum there is always going to be a certain amount of subjectivity to it all as well, but maybe not so on offsides or ball crossing a line, etc. So, there are two options going forward:

1. Just accept that human error is a part of the game and just do away with VAR entirely and everyone will just take their luck as it happens.

2. Implement as many automated systems as possible to eliminate the human aspect wherever possible.

There is also probably a certain element that the continued complaints about the drag on the speed and flow of the game with may have created this issue. It was a very basic and simplistic error but appears to be that taking an additional 5-10 seconds may have changed the outcome.

We have basically made a worse situation in the search for perfection.

Back
Top Bottom