Premier League 23/24 Squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is a scum bag?
scumbag-students.gif

Absolutely no chance any of them can challenge for the CL , PL, FA cup and LC all in the one season.
I'm not talking about them winning it, I'm talking about having a run in the cups and doing well in the league. Brighton for instance finished 6 and got to FA cup semi.

Brighton wasn't in Europe last season. They went out of the EFL early. I'd happily swap their last season for ours.

The question wasn't "who had the most desirable season".

If you don't think our squad is deep enough for 6th & a cup run (either this season or last) and that Brighton's is deeper than ours then you're just being (putting it politely) 'silly'.

Spurs 22/23 - Games 50 / Won 23 (18 EPL)
Brighton 22/23 - Games 46 / Won 24 (18 EPL)
(inc. 2 losses to Spurs FWIW)

(Yet we finish 2 points behind 6th and the twat corner of of fanbase were predicting relegation and all sorts of dumb shit for this season!)

Similarly citing Villa, Spam & Barcodes; you have a poor grasp of what "a squad capable of competing on all fronts means"..... Arse or dippers didn't "fight on all fronts" last season either.

Last edited:
A captain that decided to never ever play for his club after they went 5-0 down in the first half?

I would never want to have this toxic loser as my captain, no wonder there’s stronger sense of unity and team spirit since this toxic loser has been phased out from the starting team.

Long may it continue
Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

The question wasn't "who had the most desirable season".

If you don't think our squad is deep enough for 6th & a cup run (either this season or last) and that Brighton's is deeper than ours then you're just being (putting it politely) 'silly'.
It should be deep enough but we are out of one competition already and if we were to put out the same side in the FA cup against Prem opposition, I wouldn't be confident of getting a result
Spurs 22/23 - Games 50 / Won 23 (18 EPL)
Brighton 22/23 - Games 46 / Won 24 (18 EPL)
(inc. 2 losses to Spurs FWIW)

(Yet we finish 2 points behind 6th and the twat corner of of fanbase were predicting relegation and all sorts of dumb shit for this season!)
They were probably thinking that because of the mess we made, sack Conti, hire his assistant Stellini, sack him as well then hire Mason for the rest of the season, plus our best player Kane leaving too.
Similarly citing Villa, Spam & Barcodes; you have a poor grasp of what "a squad capable of competing on all fronts means"..... Arse or dippers didn't "fight on all fronts either" last season.
Do you think capable of fighting on all fronts means win every competition? No team has won four, only United, Liverpool and City have won the treble and it's still pretty hard to do the double. City lost the quarter final of the EFL to Southampton, they would have been expected to win that. Does that they didn't 'fight on all fronts'?

Fighting on all fronts means putting out a strong team in all competitions that are capable of getting results, where fans don't feel pleased that they got knocked out of competitions because they can't cope.

I have now and "competing on all fronts" to me means going deep in 4 competitions.
Not cherry picking 2 that a team did ok in.
Ok to you it means that, to me it doesn't.I've explained what it means to me. I don't expect to win doubles, trebles or quadruples but certainly expect that we put out a team that can compete and if we lose trying our best so be it.

Ok to you it means that, to me it doesn't.I've explained what it means to me. I don't expect to win doubles, trebles or quadruples but certainly expect that we put out a team that can compete and if we lose trying our best so be it.
For what it's worth, I agree with you that we don't have a squad good enough.......yet.

I think if we were in Europe this year we'd struggle.

I think Ange got it wrong with his carabao cup selection, no need to make 9 changes.
I do expect us to put out strong teams from now on.

Back
Top Bottom