Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You might be fed up with baiters but there is no defending or deflecting from what Carragher did. You said you like him?
Lol, there are PL footballers buying their way out of rape charges and im supposed to view Carragher as the lowest form of scum beyond redemption? He fucking spat at some wally giving it the big'un, big fucking deal.
Jesus cancel culture has gone fucking mental.

In the Premier League he's up against better coaches and staffs than he faced in other leagues and they will develop answers to his tactics. Whether he can adjust when that happens is an open question.
This is clearly true. The PL is a whole different ball game to Scottish and Japanese leagues. Or Australian ones.

On the other hand, he is facing these better coaches and staffs with better players than he has ever had before.

We have to wait to see how it pans out, but there are reasons to feel upbeat about his chances as well as reasons to doubt.

I'm no Carra fan and think what he did was disgusting but there will be plenty that like him despite that incident.

I don't think any of us would like to be judged by our worst moment which is what you're advocating.

Remember what Daddy Ange says...don't tell people how to feel!

Is that his worst moment, how do we know ? But an indication of what he's capable of. It is no benchmark that there will be plenty that like him. Its just a sad example of the standards in society.

Lol, there are PL footballers buying their way out of rape charges and im supposed to view Carragher as the lowest form of scum beyond redemption? He fucking spat at some wally giving it the big'un, big fucking deal.
Jesus cancel culture has gone fucking mental.

I can't believe you are glossing over such behaviour.

This is clearly true. The PL is a whole different ball game to Scottish and Japanese leagues. Or Australian ones.

On the other hand, he is facing these better coaches and staffs with better players than he has ever had before.

We have to wait to see how it pans out, but there are reasons to feel upbeat about his chances as well as reasons to doubt.

I had no concrete reasons to doubt Jose and Conte other than that they may be fleecing Levy.
It's not good to go in having doubts about a manager from the off.

Is that his worst moment, how do we know ? But an indication of what he's capable of. It is no benchmark that there will be plenty that like him. Its just a sad example of the standards in society.
That's a ridiculous take.

We might not know someone's worst moment so assume they're vile?

I think Carra should have been sacked. When you're in the public eye you need to be an example.

However, I'm not expecting his friends, family and fans to all turn on him based on one action that we probably don't know the full account of.

There are of course actions and decisions people make that should be met with condemnation but beyond those, people's standards will be different.

See all this ‘but this is the premier league’ clap-trap? Do people really believe that??

If it was true Leicester wouldn’t have won the league a few years ago.

The PL is the same as every other league in the world. There might be better players, managers and more money but the fundamentals are exactly the same as every other league.
The richest teams fight it out, the middle teams stay in the middle and the crap teams fight for survival.

There is nothing special about it. It’s just more glamorous.

That's a ridiculous take.

We might not know someone's worst moment so assume they're vile?

I think Carra should have been sacked. When you're in the public eye you need to be an example.

However, I'm not expecting his friends, family and fans to all turn on him based on one action that we probably don't know the full account of.

There are of course actions and decisions people make that should be met with condemnation but beyond those, people's standards will be different.

The poster suggested it was his worst moment and shouldn't be judged on it. I would suggest if flobbing came so easy to him....he has probably done worse and he is an unsavory character.

I won't have any attempted defence of him on this.

The poster suggested it was his worst moment and shouldn't be judged on it. I would suggest if flobbing came so easy to him....he has probably done worse and he is an unsavory character.

I won't have any attempted defence of him on this.
I don't care enough tbh. Just seems that you must be an angel if you write off everyone else based on one incident.

Nothing to do with the thread though so happy to leave it there.

Think Ange will school ETH on Saturday!!

This isn’t meant to insult anyone but someone please tell me why and how the PL is so special and different to all other leagues?

Apart from the money, better players, overall higher standard what makes it fundamentally different from any other league in the world?

I’m genuinely curious 👍

This isn’t meant to insult anyone but someone please tell me why and how the PL is so special and different to all other leagues?

Apart from the money, better players, overall higher standard what makes it fundamentally different from any other league in the world?

I’m genuinely curious 👍

Just answered your own question there haven't you?

Just answered your own question there haven't you?
Well, you’d think I wouldn’t have to ask the question because it’s painfully obvious but all I’m hearing is ‘BUT THIS IS THE PL!!!!’

So I am asking, apart from the obvious, what is the difference because I genuinely can’t see what ‘BUT THIS IS TH PL’ actually means?

🤔

Well, you’d think I wouldn’t have to ask the question because it’s painfully obvious but all I’m hearing is ‘BUT THIS IS THE PL!!!!’

So I am asking, apart from the obvious, what is the difference because I genuinely can’t see what ‘BUT THIS IS TH PL’ actually means?

🤔

You literally just said, money, players and better higher standard, that's it - debate done.

What else were you expecting?

🤔
The only thing is that the PL has the best players, and the best managers.... mostly.

In regards to other leagues you are correct, there is no difference.

Germany
BM the richest team win mostly everything

Spain
RM and Barca the same

Scotland
Celtic and Rangers

Italy is a corruption mess so 🤷🤷🤷🤷

Maybe Postecoglou will do everything his fans say but how does anyone know at this point if his tactics will transfer to the Premier League? All this "Big Ange" stuff is good PR by a coach intelligent enough to play to the crowd. "Big Ange won't put up with Levy", "If they don't get on board Big Ange will run them off", "Players will run through walls for "Big Ange". The reality is Postecoglou will work well with Levy because he's willing to do things on the cheap. Probably was happy enough to see Kane off because he didn't fit his system. As for getting rid of players, how is that going to work? You have to sell them first and that

It's down to if his system works and we won't know begin to know that until the second time through the schedule. In the Premier League he's up against better coaches and staffs than he faced in other leagues and they will develop answers to his tactics. Whether he can adjust when that happens is an open question.
The guy coached at the World Cup. Won trophies everywhere he has been. I've never ever joined another team's forum in my life. Only joined here because in 5 decades of watching football I've never seen a guy like him. I'm genuinely interested to see how he fares. Only other sportsman I followed who left Celtic was Dalglish - 1977, 440k to Liverpool - and he is a diehard sevco fan whose house overlooked Ibrox. Like many English fans, you can't see past the EPL and sky money. Not everything can be bought. AP is unique, I doubt he cares about money. Seriously - get on YouTube and listen to him talk about football. Him and his old man getting up at unGodly hours to watch European football. Said before, the guy will say all the right things the fans want to hear at your club - heard it all. He's no Spurs or Celtic or Melbourne etc fan - his dedication is football and that's really quite rare in the modern game. Enjoy him while you have him - he will move up again from Spurs and that's not being disrespectful. Good luck for your season.

Back
Top Bottom