Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t have the time pr inclination. But they sign up to this place almost daily.

Probably be the reason I fuck off until he’s gone.

Love the shirt is what I’m here for.

And have been since pretty much day 1 of the sure existing. Not love the manager.

I agree about supporting the club not just the manager but also, support the manager - unless he's a cunt.

But if you can't name them, are we sure they really exist?

Gonna remind everyone that Poch's side were booed off the pitch more than once during his first half a season as our manager.

Not a single person on here has any clue whether Ange is going to be a success or not, but while we are finding out, we need to support and help the team.

So many hot takes in here it's mad.

I’m an Ange bot. Supported Conte whilst he was the guvnor and Jose before him. Both killed my hopes.

happy clapping for Ange now. He will let me give it Charlie big Bollocks to my gooner neighbour. And for that I am thankful. We may well as fell in Ange ball by accident. I don’t give a fuck. Im all in.

Give this man the time he needs.

He has a proper “Tottenham Hotspur” vibe about him. It’s about time we had another manager who gets “us”

Positive feeling for this season.
He doesn't get you. He gets football. He will spray the platitudes around - as is his job - but he is no Spurs fan. Heard it all from him at Celtic. Identical to what he is doing at Spurs. It's a job to him, end of story. That's not a criticism, it's realism. But, the guy is honest and will give you everything. He'll be off as soon as a bigger job comes. And it will. Ange is career minded, he has zero loyalty to any club but in fairness, he will give his job everything - that's all it is to him, a job. Football is his loyalty.

I don’t have the time pr inclination. But they sign up to this place almost daily.

Probably be the reason I fuck off until he’s gone.

Love the shirt is what I’m here for.

And have been since pretty much day 1 of the sure existing. Not love the manager.
They're not mutually exclusive.

We loved Bill Nic, we loved Keith Burkinshaw, we loved Jol, we loved Poch.

Not a one of them was put above the club in our affections.

I honestly cannot understand how affection for a manager can make some people upset. There doesn't seem to be that kind of reaction when certain players receive the same kind of adoration, so why is it such an issue when it's a manager?

English hostility to Aussies is always so funny to me.
It’s a cricket and rugby thing. Aussies are great people by and large until it’s competitive. They’ve no quarrel on footballing matters as they know their place. Start on about cricket and eggball and I think we gave the convict cunts a little too much culture on the boats over there.
A quaint colony,

Posto loves Richi and trusts Son with the captaincy. Either he knows something we don't or he's a shit manager.
hes got no choice but to play richarlison and son was the safe option. hell realise the son captaincy was a mistake, probably already has.

he made the logical subs the other day. i cant remember the last time a manager done that. so thats a positive sign that hes not going to care about hierarchy and hes going to just do whats right for the team/club.

We're going to have as many Aussie day trippers as we do Koreans from now on. They will have to start selling Foster's and setting up "barbies" to keep them happy. I wonder if our next strip will be tiny tight shorts..?
I hope Kylie is one of them!!

20201114%2BRandom%2BJ%2BPop%2B%2528Flashback%2BFriday%2529%2BKylie%2BMinogue%2B-%2BSpinning%2Baround%2B%25233.gif

Son and Kulu looked lost on Sunday

I think he’s either going to tweak his tactics to accommodate them or gradually replace them with pure wingers like Gil and Solomon before next summer.

Club before manager of course. However, for their tenure the manager is, in many respects, the embodiment of the club. The manager, dictates the style of football and quite a lot of how communication with fans and media are handled.

One of the main reasons many here love Ange so early on is that his football philosophy clearly aligns itself very closely with’To Dare is to Do’. As opposed to Conte and Jose who were first and foremost defensive of their own reputations and set themselves up to run the team accordingly. Success is not guaranteed with Ange, as it never has been with Spurs. But I have faith again that we’ll bust a gut trying and that’s how it should be.

Back
Top Bottom